Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Random Thoughts

Comments

• GNTLGNT said:
    @GNTLGNT.  What's the latest at where you work?   

You are the most at-risk person I know.  I worry about you and your co-workers and family every day. Sending you safety vibes. 
    ....3 Inmate deaths last I heard yesterday, I'm off today and tomorrow but will keep checking e-mail.....dozens of staff across the state sickened as well as hundreds of Inmates.....the nearest Institution to us went "hot" yesterday.....I just keep plugging away and try to keep from passing anything along when I make it home.....I fear total lockdown is not far away.......
    I am going to try to make homemade tortillas today.  It looks really easy to do, or at least I found a really easy recipe.  But, when it comes to doughs, I'm hit or miss.  And I think that's because you have to be pretty exact with measurements (not always, but sometimes) and I think I get a little carried away with dashes here and pinches there.
    ghost19 said:
    I am going to try to make homemade tortillas today.  It looks really easy to do, or at least I found a really easy recipe.  But, when it comes to doughs, I'm hit or miss.  And I think that's because you have to be pretty exact with measurements (not always, but sometimes) and I think I get a little carried away with dashes here and pinches there.

That sounds really good. Throw in some refried beans and some fajita chicken...now I want Mexican food....
    Ugh, I've screwed up the multi-quote again. 

Scott that is so scary, I know you're doing all you can, I just want you to know I'm thinking of you guys and hoping n praying that you'll stay safe and healthy. 

Deejers, yum!! Let me know how they turn out.

Shannon, oh damn.... now I want Mexican too!
  • They weren't bad.  Not great, but not horrible.  They needed to be a little thinner.
  • ...."blown huge smelly chunks"....that pretty  much sums up this whole quarantine fandango.....I'm sorry for the blow-up you had Cat....always hurts when it comes from family, yet it's better the pressure valve blows with you then somewhere else.....this from a dad who's had his share of volcanic encounters with his two sons.....let him settle, then talk to him about it and tell him that while you understand-he still owes you an apology for the disrespect....that's why you feel mad o'coss......
    doyoulove19
  • Hope everyone is having a happy day in some creative way.

• I woke up this morning to my TV showing an old western from 1958 called Trackdown starring Robert Culp.  The episode was The Young Gun and it had Creepshow music playing. 

I thought the music from Creepshow was original to Creepshow, but nope.  This particular piece of music was used as we transitioned from one scene to another in the movie.  I'll have to get the DVD out and watch it again, see the credits for music.
  • Hope everyone is doing ok,  I'm pretty sure my fridge will have me charged with assault what with the amount of times I've been at it.
  • Notaro said:
    Hope everyone is doing ok,  I'm pretty sure my fridge will have me charged with assault what with the amount of times I've been at it.
    Stuck in Folsom prison.  I hope you get computer time so you can keep visiting us here! :D
  • Has anyone eaten apple pie and cheese?  I've never in my life wanted cheese with my apple pie.
  • Has anyone eaten apple pie and cheese?  I've never in my life wanted cheese with my apple pie.
    Nope, I have had cheese with apple slices and grapes which was quite tasty, normally sweet and savory combined don't usually appeal to me. 
  • Notaro said:
    Hope everyone is doing ok,  I'm pretty sure my fridge will have me charged with assault what with the amount of times I've been at it.
    Notaro said:
    Stuck in Folsom prison.  I hope you get computer time so you can keep visiting us here! :D
    ......Amana-Maniac......
    ....only way my dad would eat it.....sharp cheddar did the trick.....he loved the contrast between the sweet of the apple and the bite of the cheese.....
  • I'm going to have to try it sometime.  I just never put the two together.  Is this a regional thing maybe?  Southern? Northern? foreign shores?  I've heard people do it but I just never gave it much thought.  
  • Notaro said:
    :D 

• I'm going to have to try it sometime.  I just never put the two together.  Is this a regional thing maybe?  Southern? Northern? foreign shores?  I've heard people do it but I just never gave it much thought.  
    ...no clue, just know it was a concrete Dick Roller thing......
  • edited April 2020
    Well, someday in his honor, I will try it.  Does the pie need to be hot?  How did he eat it?  Did the cheese melt on top?  Or is it better with a cold piece of pie and cold cheese?  Did he take a bite of pie and then just take a bite of cheese?  I'm going to try this.
  • Well, someday in his honor, I will try it.  Does the pie need to be hot?  How did he eat it?  Did hte cheese melt on top? Or did he take a bite of pie and then just take a bit of cheese?  I'm going to try this.
    ...it made him no never mind if the pie was warm, room temp or cold....same with the cheese....he's do the pie, cheese, more pie, some cheese etc......
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Well, someday in his honor, I will try it.  Does the pie need to be hot?  How did he eat it?  Did hte cheese melt on top? Or did he take a bite of pie and then just take a bit of cheese?  I'm going to try this.
    ...it made him no never mind if the pie was warm, room temp or cold....same with the cheese....he's do the pie, cheese, more pie, some cheese etc......
    I think the next time I go to the store, I'm going to get an apple pie and sharp cheddar.  I will report back!
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Well, someday in his honor, I will try it.  Does the pie need to be hot?  How did he eat it?  Did hte cheese melt on top? Or did he take a bite of pie and then just take a bit of cheese?  I'm going to try this.
    I think the next time I go to the store, I'm going to get an apple pie and sharp cheddar.  I will report back!
    ....god I miss him.....it'll be a year this Wednesday....I feel like a terrible human being...I miss him more than my mom-but I think it's because she went so quickly, and I spent more time with Pop......
    Hedda Gabler
  • edited April 2020
    GNTLGNT said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    ....god I miss him.....it'll be a year this Wednesday....I feel like a terrible human being...I miss him more than my mom-but I think it's because she went so quickly, and I spent more time with Pop......
    {{{scott}}}. I understand.  And you had a different relationship with your mom than your dad.

I feel the same way.  My dad died when I was young.  I didn't get to spend a lot of time with him because he was working.  Mom took care of the kids.  And then right when I was starting to get to know him, gone.  He has been gone from my life longer than he was in my life.  It's a weird thought.

My mom and I were buddies.  If I wasn't at her house 5 minutes away, I was on the phone with her.   That loss totally changed me as a person.  Things were different when dad died, but when my mom died, whole different ballgame.  I just had her a lot longer and we were close.  

doyoulove19
  • .....wonderfully put, and pretty much sums up how I felt about Dad.....even if we were hollering at one another, it had become good natured for the most part.....
  • When my mom passed it left this huge void that was impossible to fill, the pain was quite intense, it was a physical pain, I ached with her loss, as the years passed I realized that the pain subsidies but never fully goes away it just becomes such a part of everyday life that it becomes manageable. I do tend to smile a lot when I think of her, she had a great sense of humor. Life goes on. 
  • GNTLGNT said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    (((Scott)))
    GNTLGNT said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    {{{scott}}}. I understand.  And you had a different relationship with your mom than your dad.

I feel the same way.  My dad died when I was young.  I didn't get to spend a lot of time with him because he was working.  Mom took care of the kids.  And then right when I was starting to get to know him, gone.  He has been gone from my life longer than he was in my life.  It's a weird thought.

My mom and I were buddies.  If I wasn't at her house 5 minutes away, I was on the phone with her.   That loss totally changed me as a person.  Things were different when dad died, but when my mom died, whole different ballgame.  I just had her a lot longer and we were close.  

(((Deejers)))

Notaro said:
    When my mom passed it left this huge void that was impossible to fill, the pain was quite intense, it was a physical pain, I ached with her loss, as the years passed I realized that the pain subsidies but never fully goes away it just becomes such a part of everyday life that it becomes manageable. I do tend to smile a lot when I think of her, she had a great sense of humor. Life goes on. 
    (((Notaro)))

This terrifies me. I'm one of the very lucky ones in that I haven't had to go through this yet, but it's always sitting in the back of my mind and it scares the hell out of me.
  • GNTLGNT said:

...yep, that worked....the GNT's ranch as Spring tries to come along.....
    OMG, Scott!  The place is beautiful!!!  ♥
    Neesy
  • cat said:
    My 18 year old just BLEW UP at me. He has been in a bad mood for days, guess I was the lucky one in the way when the top blew. 

Now I'm a little mad too.  :s
    Teenagers, right!   My munchkin doesn't want me to sing out loud in the house.  Every time I start, she rolls her eyes and says "No, mom" in the host belittling way.  At first, it hurt my feelings, but I thought Hey, I know I'm no Whitney Houston, but this is my house and singing makes me happy.  Now, I stick my head in her bedroom door and sing Matchbox Twenty's 3 A.M. at the top of my lungs every morning to wake her up......you know, because I'm fun like that  :D
    Hang in there CAT ♥
    Neesy
  • Thank you everyone for the encouraging words about my kid! He has calmed down somewhat and I did get an apology. (Because his dad told him to. But ok.)

It was a rough weekend with all the kids. They were all very short tempered. I get it, I do. But I am still the mama! 

I think we'll be finding out about graduation soon. Parents did a poll late last week. Had 3 choices. I ranked them #1 to postpone to a later date. #2 a virtual ceremony on originally scheduled date and #3 cancel altogether. So we wait for the Governor to decide whether school resumes May 1 or not and then we will hear about graduation. 
    Neesy