Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

October '04

My author copies arrived today, a box full of 25 copies of The Road to the Dark Tower. Now I can send copies out to all those family and friends I promised them to!

Comments

• When I crack 200, I really crack it! Amazon sales ranking: 164!
  • Bev_Vincent wrote: When I crack 200, I really crack it! Amazon sales ranking: 164!

164 adds up to 11 - my favourite number! Continued congrats and all success Bev!

Lin :)
  • Keep it going Bev! BTW Chapters still is not stocking these in the stock even though their web site says they have them in their warehouse.

I hope my copy comes next week!!!!!
  • Bev_Vincent wrote: When I crack 200, I really crack it! Amazon sales ranking: 164!

Yes! That rocks, Bev! Way to go!
  • Lou_Sytsma wrote: Keep it going Bev!  BTW Chapters still is not stocking these in the stock even though their web site says they have them in their warehouse.

I hope my copy comes next week!!!!!

I'm going to call our Chapters tomorrow Lou and see what they say here in Ottawa.

Lin
  • All the best, Bev :)
  • Thanks! I'm at 158 this morning. ;D
  • Excellent news, Bev! When you make it to the top ten, do you have anything special in mind for celebrating? (other than passing out, of course. LOL) ;D
  • Bev, good thing it's not your weight that's dropping that rapidly or passing out would be a sincere threat! ;)

Awesome news!

Lin
  • Well Bev, I've just ordered a copy of the Hardcover version of Road from Amazon, so I've done my part to help your rank! ;)
  • #159 at Amazon a few moments ago! Congrats Bev.

I'm sure getting the box of 25 contributor copies really brings this to home! I can't imagine the excitement you msut be going through! :)
  • I spent a big chunk of yesterday afternoon sending copies off to family and other people I'd promised the book to. Since most of them were going to Canada, I spent another half hour in line this morning filling out customs forms while waiting for the post office to open!

Having a stack of the books on my shelf is a trip! My wife and daughter were at the mall last night and when they passed Barnes & Noble they called me to say my picture was in the window surrounded by a stack of books to announce my signing on Friday. I may have to go take a picture of that!
  • Having a stack of the books on my shelf is a trip! My wife and daughter were at the mall last night and when they passed Barnes & Noble they called me to say my picture was in the window surrounded by a stack of books to announce my signing on Friday. I may have to go take a picture of that!
    WHOA! :o Now THAT is truly wonderful news! I've seen displays like that before, and it's nothing small or discreet. They really announce these things! Get pictures Bev, so that we can see them, ok? ;)
  • Bev_Vincent wrote: I spent a big chunk of yesterday afternoon sending copies off to family and other people I'd promised the book to. Since most of them were going to Canada, I spent another half hour in line this morning filling out customs forms while waiting for the post office to open!

Having a stack of the books on my shelf is a trip! My wife and daughter were at the mall last night and when they passed Barnes & Noble they called me to say my picture was in the window surrounded by a stack of books to announce my signing on Friday. I may have to go take a picture of that!

To Canada, eh? :) *sigh* I guess I still have to wait for my CD copy.. ;)

That is totally COOL on the signing picture - you MUST take a picture of that, for posterity and all...and to show us of course. :) When we meet, I shall set you up all nice with a copy of the book, looking famous. 8)

Lin
  • Definetly get some pics, Bev :)

I cannot put into words what it must feel like getting that phone call and hearing from your family...now stop hanging around here and get those pics taken ;)

:)
  • That must be quite a kick seeing that Bev! Don't forget to take a picture of you standing beside yourself!
  • Here are some pictures I took over lunch hour. The upper one is an invitation that was sent out to people on a mailing list I provided. There's a stack of 'em next to the cash registers, too.
  • Wow... I'm impressed. :) IS THIS EXCITING OR WHAT?

I hope someone will get a snap of you at the event itself also. :)

Lin
  • Bev, fantastic pictures :)

That Store looks fantastic too :)
  • :) I got my copy today .

Which is perfect because I finished DTVII today also.

:)
  • Readings take place in that octagonal front window on the second level. Very cool. It overlooks the turning basin for our artificial riverwalk, where the river taxis pick people up.
  • Looks like an excellent place for your signing!

River taxis - I like that. 8)
  • Just so people know...

I emailed Cemetary Dance about when I could expect my RttDT and they said it would ship sometime in November.

I had thought that they had originally planned an early October date. I guess I can wait. :(

If I had any extra cash I would just go pick up another copy from the local bookstore.
  • newinside wrote: Just so people know...

I emailed Cemetary Dance about when I could expect my RttDT and they said it would ship sometime in November.

I had thought that they had originally planned an early October date. I guess I can wait.  :(

If I had any extra cash I would just go pick up another copy from the local bookstore.

I hear you new :-/

I bought The West Wing (S4) this month and have my brother's birthday money to give, and am not sure what shifts I am doing at work till Friday - so I have to watch the pennies.

Guess I will be waiting till November also.

It will be worth the wait, am sure :)
  • newinside wrote: Just so people know...

I had thought that they had originally planned an early October date. I guess I can wait.  :(

Thanks for the info new. I'll have to wait also. I may have to rethink my decision not to read anything of significance prior to Bev's book. :)

Lin