Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

October '04

Comments

• Lin242 wrote:

Thanks for the info new.  I'll have to wait also. I may have to rethink my decision not to read anything of significance prior to Bev's book.  :)

Lin
    I haven't seen Bev's book in the few places that I've been out to - otherwise I probably would've bought it. I'm not going to intentionally seek it out before my CD copy gets here - but if I do happen to come across it, you better believe I'll buy it. :)
  • Rache4173 wrote:

I haven't seen Bev's book in the few places that I've been out to - otherwise I probably would've bought it.  I'm not going to intentionally seek it out before my CD copy gets here - but if I do happen to come across it, you better believe I'll buy it.   :)

That's kinda the way I feel Rache! If I see it I'll buy it!
  • Rache4173 wrote:

I haven't seen Bev's book in the few places that I've been out to - otherwise I probably would've bought it.  I'm not going to intentionally seek it out before my CD copy gets here - but if I do happen to come across it, you better believe I'll buy it.   :)

I'd love to be able to do that also, but I'll have to wait. I will still be checking Chapters to see when it's in though. :)

Lin
  • I'm about 100 pages in, after finishing DTVII yesterday. It's fascinating - and very readable.

The copy I'm reading (carefully) is the prize for guessing the DTVI Re- word. I should mention that Bev posted it as soon as humanly possible. He signed and sent it on 9/21; it reached me a few days later. Thank you, Bev!

HBJ
  • The only person I sent a copy to sooner than you was King himself! Glad you're enjoying it.
  • Gee Bev, your first signing is CLOSE :).. I think the last time I really checked the counter it was 6 days!

Lin
  • The timer is definitely running faster this time around! ;D

It's time to step up those finger exercises and get all limber and what not! Wouldn't want the Houston headlines to read:

End of the Road for Local Author

Local author and King expert Beverly Vincent (yes its a man) hits his head on the hardwood floor as he passes out due to fatigue while signing his just released and soon to be best seller The Road to the Dark Tower! On the upside, his grey matter was jarred so hard that once he awoke, Mr. Vincent had a revelation about the true ending to The Dark Tower and quickly departed the book signing leaving fans to wonder what had just happened. Within two days there was an announcement from Mr. Vincent's people that an updated Road to the Dark Tower was forthcoming which would answer the question most asked by King fans here and abroad. That question being, "what the hell really happened!"
  • lmao, Bob ! :D
  • The first batch of 100 trade editions is on its way from Cemetery Dance for me to sign. As you may recall, CD offered free signed copies of the trade edition to people who ordered the limited edition before a certain date. Some of them will be flat signed and some of them personalized. Thankfully, I'm going to get them in batches instead of all at once! I'm going to be doing a lot of signing this month!
  • I'd completely forgotten we get a trade edition with the limited from Cemetery Dance. Too cool! This will make the wait worth it!

By the way Bev, I posted in another thread that my local Books-A-Million had let me down, and didn't have your book on release day. Forgot to mention that Barnes and Noble had 10 copies - faced out - on their shelves. Bravo!

Blu
  • Bev, :), just want to wish you all the best for your signing in case you are not close by tomorrow. If you are, it stands for then also. ;)

Break a leg!

Lin :)
  • Have a great signing day, Bev, and see if you can get some pics of the event :)

• BluGilliand wrote: I'd completely forgotten we get a trade edition with the limited from Cemetery Dance. Too cool! This will make the wait worth it!

By the way Bev, I posted in another thread that my local Books-A-Million had let me down, and didn't have your book on release day. Forgot to mention that Barnes and Noble had 10 copies - faced out - on their shelves. Bravo!

Blu

I forgot that also :o - when time passes by, events of importance disappear into the fogs of time...

I have a very short memory on things that are important...lol
  • I just heard that Hank Wagner, co-author of The Stephen King Universe, is going to review ROAD for Hellnotes newsletter.
  • It will be a really great review, Bev :) - having read TSKU, Mr Wagner knows what he is talking about :)
  • Can't hurt that he's also a pal o'mine. I've played softball with him.
  • Definetly can't hurt :)
  • Thought of you last night Bev ~ hope everything went really well! :) Can't wait to hear your report.

Lin
  • I'll write more when I have time, but it went very well. The Community Relations Manager said it was one of the largest draws she'd seen. House Speaker Dennis Hastert drew more recently, but no one else. I'd estimate 30-40 people and I probably signed 40-50 books. Some people bought as many as three copies. The guy who did my author photo showed up! We got pix--even a short video my daughter took with my digital camera.
  • Congratulations!

That sounds amazing, you must be riding kind of "high" today. :) I'm so not surprised and you deserve every success.

Can't wait to see pix and hear more news!

Oh, one more thing, just make sure you have enough power left to sign MY copy okay? ;)

Lin
  • Congrats - again - Bev! Glad to hear it went well. Looking forward to your further exploits!
  • EXCELLENT NEWS!! Way to go Bev, that had to be an amazing experience. Looking forward to hearing the details when you get some time. ;D
  • Bev_Vincent wrote: I'll write more when I have time, but it went very well. The Community Relations Manager said it was one of the largest draws she'd seen. House Speaker Dennis Hastert drew more recently, but no one else. I'd estimate 30-40 people and I probably signed 40-50 books. Some people bought as many as three copies. The guy who did my author photo showed up! We got pix--even a short video my daughter took with my digital camera.

Sounds excellent, Bev:)

Is this guy who took your author photo the very same one that has a penchant for hiding in bushes and stuff? ;)
  • That was my standing joke about him, anyway. He used to be in military intelligence, so I told people he took my author photo while hidden in the bushes.

I've updated the signing page with a half dozen pictures from the event. I haven't found a good one yet that shows the crowd, but it was very good. I was pleased.
  • Great pics! It looks like you had fun... wasn't this your first signing?