Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

New column

Comments

• Not yet online: Page In Bad Company, a column about King's top ten fictional book baddies (villains).
  • 1044/#1045 4/24/09 The Trouble With Earworms
  • The Trouble With Earworms:  now available for your reading pleasure.
  • willowlove wrote: From the 6/12 issue: The Future of Your Tube

In my opinion, not one of his better columns.

John
  • I would subscribe to the Law & Order Channel!
  • The Law and Order Channel already exists.  It's called TNT.  :)  

35 episodes of L&O are scheduled to air on TNT over the next two weeks.  I'm pretty sure that's typical.
  • As would I!! I love all those shows, but especially the CI ones.

John
  • Yeah, I favor the CI ones, too, especially Goran and Eames.
  • And I especially like those with the "thinner" Goran. The heavier Goran seems to carry too much baggage.

John
  • I'm growing to like the baggage. I like Goldblum's new character, too, but he doesn't have quite enough baggage (i.e. history) for me to truly appreciate him yet. So far, he's simply quirky. Goran is quirky with a history.
  • The upcoming issue of EW is a Michael Jackson tribute.  Details of it have been posted here.  The most important item listed (at least to me) is this:

"[...]an essay by our columnist Stephen King, who writes about working with Jackson on the 1997 video "Ghosts." "
  • EW columnist Stephen King writes, “It’s worth noting that he was never convicted of anything in criminal court, and when I asked Mick—who hung out with Michael occasionally— he was emphatic in his belief that Michael Jackson was indeed innocent of the abuse allegations. In the court of public opinion, however, he was found guilty of Weirdness in the First Degree, and ended up secluded in one haunted castle after another. Finally, he died in one. Strange man. Lost man. And not unique in his passing. Like James Dean, Elvis Presley, Kurt Cobain, Heath Ledger, and a dozen others we could name, he just left the building far too soon. Because, man oh man, that guy could dance.”

>>> Source
  • The Michael Jackson article has finally appeared online.

Memories of Michael Jackson
  • The latest column is about all the time SK spends in front of his computer screen.  He estimates it's 7.5 hours a day, and that it may be below the average.  I think it's called "My Screen Addiction" (it's not in front of me right now) and it's not online yet.
  • The latest column is a list of 20 movies to watch during summer. (SK has not too much use for the usual summer release.) It is not yet online.
  • Now available: Where the Joys Are

In case you're interested, the Diablo Cody article SK refers to in the first paragraph is here.
  • Where the Joys Are is now available in an illustrated edition.
  • The latest column is called What's Next For Pop Culture?  It starts:

"Because I love the culture I write about, these columns are usually lighthearted.  Not this time."

It is not yet online.

Also, EW has started up a new section called "The $ave", which recommends things based on how much money you have.  In this week's issue it has this:

$20

Stephen King says...

"I would go see the horror movie Carriers.  Six bucks.  A medium popcorn (lots of butter), Junior Mints, and Diet Pepsi can be had for an additional $12.50.  A fine time, and a dollar left over for an instant-scratch lottery ticket.  If my wife wants to come with me (doubtful, considering the subject matter), we'd share a small popcorn and Coke.  For love, I can economize."
  • Making its long overdue appearance is What's Next for Pop Culture?