Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Random Thoughts

Comments

• cat said:
    Cat, any updates on yesterday’s music choice at school ?  Did an adult put that on loud speaker or was it a kid working in the office? Any suspensions? Any phone calls from parents ?  Fallout?
    It happened a week or so ago. Here's how the conversation went with my kid. 

He says, "So, Mom? What was your generation's WAP?" I said, "What even is that? I don't know what it is." (I knew it was rap, which was strike #1 for me even caring about finding out on my own, and Cardi B is strike 2.) He says, "ok let me play it for you." 

He turns it on. I am like "what in the holy hell??? " I said, "OK, that's enough of that song. Ummm, we had nothing like that." (Scott has since named off some rap songs from the  late 80s but again, not my thing.) The closest thing I could come up with was "Pour Some Sugar On Me." 😅

So then, after seeing my reaction to the song he says, "oh yeah, and they played it over the loudspeaker at school " "WHAT?!?!" He said, "Yeah, they couldn't get it shut off until like halfway through the song. Everyone (the kids) were busting up laughing."

So for background, they usually play music before first hour and in between classes, when kids are in the hallways. The office is responsible for doing it, I think. So, my theory is, the office ladies or whoever, heard kids talking about the song (because you know how kids are!) and just thought, oh here is a new song to add to the rotation without researching (I would think anything by Cardi B would automatically be a no-no anyway) what the song was or listening to it first. 

I think it was just a genuine WHOOPSY. Just asked Ty and he said no one got in trouble as far as he knows. I'm sure whoever it was felt like a heel. 
    OMG... so torn between laughing my ass off and real horror... and you know how I do with horror. 😳😟
    Jeez Cat, that is so messed up, I'm sorry girl..💜
    catNotaroGNTLGNTSundropHedda GablerNeesy
  • catcat
    edited October 2020
    FlakeNoir said:
    cat said:
    Cat, any updates on yesterday’s music choice at school ?  Did an adult put that on loud speaker or was it a kid working in the office? Any suspensions? Any phone calls from parents ?  Fallout?

He says, "So, Mom? What was your generation's WAP?" I said, "What even is that? I don't know what it is." (I knew it was rap, which was strike #1 for me even caring about finding out on my own, and Cardi B is strike 2.) He says, "ok let me play it for you." 

He turns it on. I am like "what in the holy hell??? " I said, "OK, that's enough of that song. Ummm, we had nothing like that." (Scott has since named off some rap songs from the  late 80s but again, not my thing.) The closest thing I could come up with was "Pour Some Sugar On Me." 😅

So then, after seeing my reaction to the song he says, "oh yeah, and they played it over the loudspeaker at school " "WHAT?!?!" He said, "Yeah, they couldn't get it shut off until like halfway through the song. Everyone (the kids) were busting up laughing."

So for background, they usually play music before first hour and in between classes, when kids are in the hallways. The office is responsible for doing it, I think. So, my theory is, the office ladies or whoever, heard kids talking about the song (because you know how kids are!) and just thought, oh here is a new song to add to the rotation without researching (I would think anything by Cardi B would automatically be a no-no anyway) what the song was or listening to it first. 

I think it was just a genuine WHOOPSY. Just asked Ty and he said no one got in trouble as far as he knows. I'm sure whoever it was felt like a heel. 
    OMG... so torn between laughing my ass off and real horror... and you know how I do with horror. 😳😟
    It's ok, I admit I laughed. I was horrified at the song itself but I did think the loudspeaker story was funny. Only because I can only imagine the flurry of activity trying to get it shut off! 

This is what I imagined in my head...

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ImpassionedMintyGrebe-size_restricted.gif
    Only without a telephone . 😂
    FlakeNoirSundropHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • cat said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    cat said:

It's ok, I admit I laughed. I was horrified at the song itself but I did think the loudspeaker story was funny. Only becausecI can only imagine the flurry of activity trying to get it shut off! 

This is what I imagined in my head...

https://gfycat.com/amp/impassionedmintygrebe-ferris-beuller-grace-gif

Only without a telephone . 😂
    🤣🤣🤣
    catHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • edited October 2020
    Bev's post about The Stand and Las Vegas, Sin City, has me wanting to ask any brave souls who will answer: 

Have you been to a Strip Club?  Guys and girls go to strip clubs these days so I would also be interested in a female's perspective of strip clubbing.

Without getting gross or graphic, isn't it an uncomfortable situation?  
    catGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaroNeesyOut of OrderSundrop
  • Bev's post about The Stand and Las Vegas, Sin City, has me wanting to ask any brave souls who will answer: 

Have you been to a Strip Club?  Guys and girls go to strip clubs these days so I would also be interested in a female's perspective of strip clubbing.

...I went to one may years ago.....it was OK, but nothing I obviously felt the need to make a pilgrimage back to.....and this was in Chicago, not in my area where the meth-heads wiggle and giggle-trying to earn enough scratch for some new teeth....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNotarocatNeesy
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Bev's post about The Stand and Las Vegas, Sin City, has me wanting to ask any brave souls who will answer: 

...I went to one may years ago.....it was OK, but nothing I obviously felt the need to make a pilgrimage back to.....and this was in Chicago, not in my area where the meth-heads wiggle and giggle-trying to earn enough scratch for some new teeth....
    They become big things especially with women bachelorette parties and stuff.  I would hate it.  I'd be the person in the audience telling them to be careful and not talk to strangers and maybe cover up a little bit -- you know, the whole mom thing.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotarocatNeesySundrop
  • the shining twins
    ahhh, they're cute!
    NotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoircatNeesyHollyGolightly
  • GNTLGNT said:
    You have opened my eyes  Funny deep thoughts Funny quotes Mind blowing  thoughts

Up here we call it "Kraft Dinner" or "KD" :)

When she adds some cut up wieners to the Kraft dinner - iFunny

Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTcatHollyGolightly
  • This is a dark day for me.  I got the letter.  Yep.  The letter. 

The one that told me my doctor of over 30 years is retiring!  How in the hell does he have the ballz to abandon me this way?  

I need to find my mourning veil.  
    GNTLGNTcatFlakeNoirHollyGolightlyNeesydoyoulove19

The one that told me my doctor of over 30 years is retiring!  How in the hell does he have the ballz to abandon me this way?  

....same thing with my wife’s lady parts doctor...she’s been with her since she was 18...
    catHedda GablerFlakeNoirHollyGolightlyNeesydoyoulove19
  • GNTLGNT said:
    This is a dark day for me.  I got the letter.  Yep.  The letter. 

....same thing with my wife’s lady parts doctor...she’s been with her since she was 18...
    That's a bond, man!  A bond!  You don't break bonds! I'm going to storm the f***ing castle!
    GNTLGNTcatFlakeNoirHollyGolightlyNeesydoyoulove19
  • GNTLGNT said:

That's a bond, man!  A bond!  You don't break bonds! I'm going to storm the f***ing castle!
    ....don’t forget to set a windmill aflame....although the putt-putt owner might be pissed....
    Hedda GablercatFlakeNoirHollyGolightlyNeesydoyoulove19

Oh God, I feel your pain... mine did the same 2 years ago (2years?!!) I bought him a retirement present and hugged him goodbye. 😪
    NotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablercatHollyGolightlyNeesy
  • edited October 2020
    FlakeNoir said:

Oh God, I feel your pain... mine did the same 2 years ago (2years?!!) I bought him a retirement present and hugged him goodbye. 😪
    I also got mine a gift for him and his family -- I know his wife and kids!  This is just a sad, sad day.  Now I have to break-in a new doctor.  I'm too old to break-in a new doctor.  They will never understand me.

My doctor was the guy that me and my kids did the wave for when he walked into the room (minus the kids because they refused to participate so I was one lone wave.)

This was the guy that we turned the lights off in the room so when he walked in, he had to turn them on and we yelled, "SURPRISE!"

This was the guy who got chunks of placenta goo splooshed on his shirt (along with the anesthesiologist)who was standing clear across the room waiting to see if I could have the baby.

This was the guy who in the early days of doctoring I could call and he actually answered the phone!  I talked to him! Not a nurse, not some flunky receptionist that used to work at 7-11.  HIM!

This was the guy who told me to meet him on a Sunday at the office and he would look at my kid's eye after my kid poked a Xmas tree branch into it!  Yeah, numbnutz got a little too excited about the tree, like his mom.

This was the guy who called me one night when doctor's no longer called to give me some bad news. And when I heard his voice, I said, "oh God." And he laughed and said, "What?" And I said, "Doctors don't call patients anymore. Please tell me you are calling me to invite me to your house for dinner with the wife and kids."  

He laughed with me, at me and shook his head.  I'll never find another like him.
    catFlakeNoirGNTLGNTHollyGolightlyNeesydoyoulove19Sundrop
  • FlakeNoir said:

I also got mine a gift for him and his family -- I know his wife and kids!  This is just a sad, sad day.  Now I have to break-in a new doctor.  I'm too old to break-in a new doctor.  They will never understand me.

My doctor was the guy that me and my kids did the wave for when he walked into the room (minus the kids because they refused to participate so I was one lone wave.)

This was the guy that we turned the lights off in the room so when he walked in, he had to turn them on and we yelled, "SURPRISE!"

This was the guy who got chunks of placenta goo splooshed on his shirt (along with the anesthesiologist)who was standing clear across the room waiting to see if I could have the baby.

This was the guy who in the early days of doctoring I could call and he actually answered the phone!  I talked to him! Not a nurse, not some flunky receptionist that used to work at 7-11.  HIM!

This was the guy who told me to meet him on a Sunday at the office and he would look at my kid's eye after my kid poked a Xmas tree branch into it!  Yeah, numbnutz got a little too excited about the tree, like his mom.

This was the guy who called me one night when doctor's no longer called to give me some bad news. And when I heard his voice, I said, "oh God." And he laughed and said, "What?" And I said, "Doctors don't call patients anymore. Please tell me you are calling me to invite me to your house for dinner with the wife and kids."  

He laughed with me, at me and shook his head.  I'll never find another like him.
    We had very similar relationships by the sound of it, a doctor-patient relationship is probably the most sacred outside of your closest circles.

Mine delivered 2 of our 4 kids, the second child was actually his very last delivery. 
    He got us through my partner's cancer and all my earlier heart troubles. He stitched up my eldest child's foot when he sliced it open on the skate park ramp, he saw us through several pneumonia episodes with our 2nd boy, one requiring a hospital stay for a week... he kept confidences when there was no one else to turn to.
    That man had almost no sense of humor when he first saw me as a 20-year-old... I soon cured him of that vice. 😁

It was heartbreaking when he finally retired, learning to trust someone new is so difficult. 
    NotaroHedda GablercatGNTLGNTHollyGolightlyNeesydoyoulove19
  • FlakeNoir said:
    FlakeNoir said:

We had very similar relationships by the sound of it, a doctor-patient relationship is probably the most sacred outside of your closest circles.

Mine delivered 2 of our 4 kids, the second child was actually his very last delivery. 
    He got us through my partner's cancer and all my earlier heart troubles. He stitched up my eldest child's foot when he sliced it open on the skate park ramp, he saw us through several pneumonia episodes with our 2nd boy, one requiring a hospital stay for a week... he kept confidences when there was no one else to turn to.
    That man had almost no sense of humor when he first saw me as a 20-year-old... I soon cured him of that vice. 😁

It was heartbreaking when he finally retired, learning to trust someone new is so difficult. 
    You lost a good one too, flakers.  It's traumatic.  They know us and we want to keep them forever, and ever, and ever .... >:)
    FlakeNoircatGNTLGNTHollyGolightlyNeesydoyoulove19
  • Two friends are sitting down to share a slice of cake. One takes up the knife, cuts himself the bigger piece and hands the pal the smaller piece.

"You know," says the friend with the smaller piece, "if I had been cutting that, I would've given you the bigger piece."

And the cake slicer replies: "So what are you complaining about?"
    catGNTLGNTHedda GablerHollyGolightlyFlakeNoirNeesydoyoulove19Sundrop
  • .....my grandfather was my primary doctor for many years, and that was a very special relationship as well.....you girls have good memories, as do I....they can't be replaced, but damn-did I enjoy the time we had....
    HollyGolightlyNotaroFlakeNoirNeesySundrop
  • GNTLGNT said:
    .....my grandfather was my primary doctor for many years, and that was a very special relationship as well.....you girls have good memories, as do I....they can't be replaced, but damn-did I enjoy the time we had....
    That's even more special!
    HollyGolightlyNotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • @not_nadine Those girls are so cute! The one on the right looks a little like a young Susan Sarandon.

All y'all losing your doctors:  big tears and hugs for you.  I still have mine.  I managed to get all three kids grown up with the best pediatrician. My dr who delivered them all is still with us - oddly he looks the same, but he's got to be over 70 by now.  I just love him.  Annual apts are almost like a good therapy session.  I'll never be able to find a replacement.  We've been together 30 years.
    NotaroFlakeNoirnot_nadineGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesydoyoulove19