Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Random Thoughts

Comments

• GNTLGNT said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    Tips for moving into your new, furnished house:

1.  Disinfect.
    2. Blue light the hell out of the place.  The previous owner probably splooged all over everything.
    3.  Check for "bugs."  Make sure you have an exterminator come in, and probably a second opinion exterminator just to make sure their "bugs" are taken care of.
    4.  Smudge the place.  Take a smudge stick and make sure all the bad ju-ju is cleaned up.
    5.  You might have a priest come do an exorcism.
    6.  Throw out all the mattresses.
    7.  Clean out the fridge.  Never use previous owners condiments.  
    8.  Clean the shower.  You don't want some gross foot fungus.
    9.  Restore the good history of the place.  When you're moving into an Amityville Horror, watch your back.

Whether this be a small apartment, bungalow, single family dwelling, townhouse or something bigger.... You want to move into a clean space in all regards.

....exception: yurts........yurts are splooge free.......
    One simply cannot offer up an emoji response until one properly knows the meaning of a "yurt".
    Inappropriate emoji-ing can lead to misconceptions. 
    Glamping Best yurts to rent right now - Curbed
    Oh, well that gets a heart, then.
    GNTLGNTcatHedda GablerNeesy
  • Tips for moving into your new, furnished house:

1.  Disinfect.
    2. Blue light the hell out of the place.  The previous owner probably splooged all over everything.
    3.  Check for "bugs."  Make sure you have an exterminator come in, and probably a second opinion exterminator just to make sure their "bugs" are taken care of.
    4.  Smudge the place.  Take a smudge stick and make sure all the bad ju-ju is cleaned up.
    5.  You might have a priest come do an exorcism.
    6.  Throw out all the mattresses.
    7.  Clean out the fridge.  Never use previous owners condiments.  
    8.  Clean the shower.  You don't want some gross foot fungus.
    9.  Restore the good history of the place.  When you're moving into an Amityville Horror, watch your back.

Whether this be a small apartment, bungalow, single family dwelling, townhouse or something bigger.... You want to move into a clean space in all regards.

Black light !  Not blue. But, hmmmmm, i wonder what we would see under blue light?
    catFlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNT
  • I love smart, thoughtful, well-spoken people.  I learn so much from them!
    KurbencatFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Neesy said:
    I didn't know you're from northern New Brunswick!

We went to a wedding once in New Brunswick near the Mirimachi River - near a military base

Would love to go back some day for a holiday - it's a nice province

Yes, I grew up in Charlo, about 90 miles north of the military base in what used to be Chatham and Newcastle (now amalgamated as the city of Miramichi). 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • If a person was going to sell some Stephen King or joe hill books, what would be the best way to do that?  Who would you contact to inquire? 

I know someone with some extremely collectible and valuable books, and maybe their time is running out — or maybe they want to help their kids with some extra cash —  asking for a friend.  
    I'd contact Betts Bookstore and ask to have the books put up on consignment. He'll take a cut, of course, but he'd get a good price for them, I think.
    GNTLGNTcatHedda GablerNeesyFlakeNoir
  • I love smart, thoughtful, well-spoken people.  I learn so much from them!
    .....well that excludes me...... :D
    FlakeNoirKurbencatHedda GablerNeesy
  • I have a question.  And i’m asking for honest enlightenment. Not joking or poking fun.

I am a person who will answer people with a yes sir,  no sir, yes ma’am, no ma’am.  In today’s world, is their a gender neutral way of expressing the same respect for those not identifying as sir or ma’am?

thank you
    NotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • I have a question.  And i’m asking for honest enlightenment. Not joking or poking fun.

I am a person who will answer people with a yes sir,  no sir, yes ma’am, no ma’am.  In today’s world, is their a gender neutral way of expressing the same respect for those not identifying as sir or ma’am?

thank you
    .....I am not even in shouting distance of PC Deej, but in this case-I would bow to the advice in the article B posted....I understand your struggle, because I use these terms daily, I was fetched up right....yet, if push comes to shove-just keep it short, and say "yes" or "no"......
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • edited January 2021
    Okay, that link you posted was very helpful NB, but, Wow. I canNOT imagine walking up to someone and asking them what pronouns i should use for them,  the article said that was the respectful thing to do — but it seems on the same level as asking someone when their baby is due , and they might not be pregnant!!!!!!

yes sir/ma’am comes out as second nature, so just saying yes or no alone is going to take a very aware, conscious effort on my part which i will do my best to do. 

What prompted this convo — i went to starbucks and ordered  a drink over the speaker . No visual on the person. The voice  was female and i answered her questions with “yes ma’am.”   

There are non binary people working there for a fact. Did i just insult someone ?  I hope not. 

GNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Okay, that link you posted was very helpful NB, but, Wow. I canNOT imagine walking up to someone and asking them what pronouns i should use for them,  the article said that was the respectful thing to do — but it seems on the same level as asking someone when their baby is due , and they might not be pregnant!!!!!!

yes sir/ma’am comes out as second nature, so just saying yes or no alone is going to take a very aware, conscious effort on my part which i will do my best to do. 

What prompted this convo — i went to starbucks and ordered  a drink over the speaker . No visual on the person. The voice  was female and i answered her questions with “yes ma’am.”   

There are non binary people working there for a fact. Did i just insult someone ?  I hope not. 

.....voices without faces are often difficult to judge.....not everyone will have the deep and resonant voice like me(not patting myself on the back)or a higher pitched distinct female tone....doing what I have done for years in radio has helped me judge better than some, but I have been shocked more often than I thought I would be....it's like trying to guess what an announcer looks like, just by their voice.....
    NotaroFlakeNoirHedda GablerKurbenNeesy
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Okay, that link you posted was very helpful NB, but, Wow. I canNOT imagine walking up to someone and asking them what pronouns i should use for them,  the article said that was the respectful thing to do — but it seems on the same level as asking someone when their baby is due , and they might not be pregnant!!!!!!

.....voices without faces are often difficult to judge.....not everyone will have the deep and resonant voice like me(not patting myself on the back)or a higher pitched distinct female tone....doing what I have done for years in radio has helped me judge better than some, but I have been shocked more often than I thought I would be....it's like trying to guess what an announcer looks like, just by their voice.....

I remember talking to you in person then being confused when Tracy spoke (mainly because she had an accent and you didn't, yet you were in high school together).

You have a great "Radio voice" :)
    KurbenFlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNT
  • So I tried to log in to the old SKMB and guess what? It's gone! There is no longer a link to the message board but you can still access the official Stephen King website - I feel quite sad about this.

GNTLGNTNotaro
  • Neesy said:
    So I tried to log in to the old SKMB and guess what? It's gone! There is no longer a link to the message board but you can still access the official Stephen King website - I feel quite sad about this.

I was able to log in just now Neesy, it's still there.  :) 
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaroNeesy
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Neesy said:
    So I tried to log in to the old SKMB and guess what? It's gone! There is no longer a link to the message board but you can still access the official Stephen King website - I feel quite sad about this.

Me too 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaroNeesy
  • May be an image of 4 people and people standing
    .....Hey, Hey, they're...................
    FlakeNoirKurbenNotaroNeesyspideyman
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Neesy said:

FlakeNoir said:
    Neesy said:

Me too 
    Yup - you're both right! I don't know what happened - it must have been a glitch - thanks ♥

NotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda Gabler