Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Random Thoughts

Comments

• I just heard on the news that now there are 1.5 million masks floating around in the ocean - really?

Hedda GablerKurbenNotaroFlakeNoirSundropGNTLGNT
  • Wth.  Friggin’ people. 
    KurbenNotaroFlakeNoirNeesyGNTLGNT
  • If they know how many there are, why are they still floating in the ocean? 🤔 (pick them up as you're counting yer silly munters)

Sorry, just trying to lighten the awful covid mood.

NotaroKurbenspideymanNeesySundropGNTLGNT
  • FlakeNoir said:
    If they know how many there are, why are they still floating in the ocean? 🤔 (pick them up as you're counting yer silly munters)

Sorry, just trying to lighten the awful covid mood.

Yeah - it's crazy isn't it?

Sometimes I think watching the news is a bad choice - it can be so depressing
    :(
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerNotaro
  • GNTLGNT said:
    I signed up for Informed Delivery with the USPS office a few days ago. I wasn’t aware this existed !   

As they sort your mail, they scan it and send you a photo of what you are getting in the mailbox that day. 

What prompted this, two very important pieces of mail went missing.  I was waiting for them and they never showed.   About a week later, my neighbor shows up with my mail for me.  She was picking up mail for her neighbor because they were on an extended out of town trip. They asked her to look through the mail and throw away anything that looked like obvious junk and there was my stuff. It had me wondering, what other mail goes missing that i’m not aware of? 

So, informed delivery can show if your driver is incompetent or your mail is getting stolen. 

Today, i am getting two pieces of mail and i know exactly where they are from. 

This is the coolest thing since the invention of chia heads. 
    ....yep, it's quite the handy-dandy deal....we have had things dropped off to the neighbor's by delivery services because "they couldn't find our location"....B*tch, it's literally a hundred yards on down the road!!!.....

The same guy has been our mail delivery guy since I bought the house back in 2004. He drives the same beat to crap Toyota pickup, has a ZZ Top beard and I've never seen him without his sunglasses, not once. Winter blizzard, cloudy and rainy, the Raybans are ever present. He gives everyone his cell phone number in case you don't receive some piece of mail you were expecting. You call him, he'll find it, period....lol. In 17 years, he's misplaced one piece of my mail and he hand delivered to my wife the next day. He's the bees knees as far as mail delivery guys...he's awesome.

That informed delivery option is pretty damn cool, I get the email every morning so I can check and see if there's anything interesting in the mail and any packages that are arriving.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaroNeesySundrop
  • ghost19 said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    I signed up for Informed Delivery with the USPS office a few days ago. I wasn’t aware this existed !   

As they sort your mail, they scan it and send you a photo of what you are getting in the mailbox that day. 

What prompted this, two very important pieces of mail went missing.  I was waiting for them and they never showed.   About a week later, my neighbor shows up with my mail for me.  She was picking up mail for her neighbor because they were on an extended out of town trip. They asked her to look through the mail and throw away anything that looked like obvious junk and there was my stuff. It had me wondering, what other mail goes missing that i’m not aware of? 

So, informed delivery can show if your driver is incompetent or your mail is getting stolen. 

Today, i am getting two pieces of mail and i know exactly where they are from. 

This is the coolest thing since the invention of chia heads. 
    ....yep, it's quite the handy-dandy deal....we have had things dropped off to the neighbor's by delivery services because "they couldn't find our location"....B*tch, it's literally a hundred yards on down the road!!!.....

The same guy has been our mail delivery guy since I bought the house back in 2004. He drives the same beat to crap Toyota pickup, has a ZZ Top beard and I've never seen him without his sunglasses, not once. Winter blizzard, cloudy and rainy, the Raybans are ever present. He gives everyone his cell phone number in case you don't receive some piece of mail you were expecting. You call him, he'll find it, period....lol. In 17 years, he's misplaced one piece of my mail and he hand delivered to my wife the next day. He's the bees knees as far as mail delivery guys...he's awesome.

That informed delivery option is pretty damn cool, I get the email every morning so I can check and see if there's anything interesting in the mail and any packages that are arriving.
    ....that's my kinda mailman!!......

Beards and Sunglasses - Page 10 - Beard Board
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerKurbenNotaroghost19Neesy
  • ....absolutely fascinating!.....
    NotaroHedda GablerNeesyFlakeNoir
  • .....when the seals are lying down, they look just like me trying to nap on the couch.....still can't Tracy to toss me cookies from a bucket though.....
    NotaroHedda GablerNeesyKurbenFlakeNoirSundrop

• I didn't know you're from northern New Brunswick!

We went to a wedding once in New Brunswick near the Mirimachi River - near a military base

Would love to go back some day for a holiday - it's a nice province

KurbenFlakeNoirHedda GablerNotaroGNTLGNTSundrop
  • edited January 2021
    If a person was going to sell some Stephen King or joe hill books, what would be the best way to do that?  Who would you contact to inquire? 

I know someone with some extremely collectible and valuable books, and maybe their time is running out — or maybe they want to help their kids with some extra cash —  asking for a friend.  
    NotaroGNTLGNTSundropNeesycat
  • If a person was going to sell some Stephen King or joe hill books, what would be the best way to do that?  Who would you contact to inquire? 

I know someone with some extremely collectible and valuable books, and maybe their time is running out — or maybe they want to help their kids with some extra cash —  asking for a friend.  
    I'm unsure about that sorry. But is it possible that your friend could hold onto them for their kids, or kids children? Maybe they could look at a Go-fund-me page (is this what you call it?) Instead?
    NotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNTSundropNeesycat
  • If a person was going to sell some Stephen King or joe hill books, what would be the best way to do that?  Who would you contact to inquire? 

....set up their own page on eBay and start selling!......those guys stuff moves like hotcakes if they are "collectible/rare"....and reserve prices can be set.....don't check with "dealers" since they are in the market to make money for themselves......plenty of places to investigate on the interwebs so that reasonable prices can be assessed....I used this process when I did the fundraising auctions for PITH on the SKMB.....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirSundropNeesycat
  •  For you @GNTLGNT- I was trying to give this to you in my dream last night..  (??)

Hedda GablerKurbenGNTLGNTNeesy
  •  For you @GNTLGNT- I was trying to give this to you in my dream last night..  (??)

Interesting dream... Wonder what it means?
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • I don't know, I was talking about a wisnik doll the other day.
    KurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy

....'bout damn time!!!....ya took it from me when I was three......
    SO CUTE   Funny babies Cute kids Baby faces

KurbenFlakeNoirnot_nadineHedda GablerNeesy
  • Kurben said:
     For you @GNTLGNT- I was trying to give this to you in my dream last night..  (??)

Interesting dream... Wonder what it means?
    ....means she's a damned troll thief..... :D

KurbenFlakeNoirnot_nadineHedda GablerSundropNeesycat
  • edited January 2021
    Tips for moving into your new, furnished house:

1.  Disinfect.
    2. Blue light the hell out of the place.  The previous owner probably splooged all over everything.
    3.  Check for "bugs."  Make sure you have an exterminator come in, and probably a second opinion exterminator just to make sure their "bugs" are taken care of.
    4.  Smudge the place.  Take a smudge stick and make sure all the bad ju-ju is cleaned up.
    5.  You might have a priest come do an exorcism.
    6.  Throw out all the mattresses.
    7.  Clean out the fridge.  Never use previous owners condiments.  
    8.  Clean the shower.  You don't want some gross foot fungus.
    9.  Restore the good history of the place.  When you're moving into an Amityville Horror, watch your back.

Whether this be a small apartment, bungalow, single family dwelling, townhouse or something bigger.... You want to move into a clean space in all regards.

Kurbenghost19NotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoircatMarsha
  • Tips for moving into your new, furnished house:

1.  Disinfect.
    2. Blue light the hell out of the place.  The previous owner probably splooged all over everything.
    3.  Check for "bugs."  Make sure you have an exterminator come in, and probably a second opinion exterminator just to make sure their "bugs" are taken care of.
    4.  Smudge the place.  Take a smudge stick and make sure all the bad ju-ju is cleaned up.
    9.  Restore the good history of the place.  When you're moving into an Amityville Horror, watch your back.

Whether this be a small apartment, bungalow, single family dwelling, townhouse or something bigger.... You want to move into a clean space in all regards.

....exception: yurts........yurts are splooge free.......
    NotarocatHedda Gabler
  • GNTLGNT said:

1.  Disinfect.

One simply cannot offer up an emoji response until one properly knows the meaning of a "yurt".
    Inappropriate emoji-ing can lead to misconceptions. 
    GNTLGNTKurbencatHedda GablerNotaroNeesy
  • Tips for moving into your new, furnished house:

1.  Disinfect.

Brilliant. Truly. 😄💜
    GNTLGNTKurbencatHedda GablerNotaro
  • FlakeNoir said:
    GNTLGNT said:

1.  Disinfect.

One simply cannot offer up an emoji response until one properly knows the meaning of a "yurt".
    Inappropriate emoji-ing can lead to misconceptions. 
    Glamping Best yurts to rent right now - Curbed
    FlakeNoirKurbencatHedda GablerNotaroNeesy