Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• Just finished: F is for Family Season 4, Westworld S3
    Recently finished: Ozark S3, Barry S2, Billions s8(?), Homeland (series finale)

All good shows.

Carry on...
    catFlakeNoirGNTLGNTSundrop
  • Michael J. Fox has a recurring role in The Good Wife. His character, a lawyer, starts every court appearance by explaining his tardive dyskinesia as a way of gaining sympathy and an advantage with the court.
    catHedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTEdwardJohnSundrop
  • Michael J. Fox has a recurring role in The Good Wife. His character, a lawyer, starts every court appearance by explaining his tardive dyskinesia as a way of gaining sympathy and an advantage with the court.
    I always enjoyed his guest spots on that show!
    GNTLGNT
    He sort of does that in Boston Legal. There, he was dying of cancer so was constantly throwing out the cancer card in a humorous way. 

But, it's sad, he was his way of coping.
    catNotaroGNTLGNT
  • edited July 2020
    Just finished: F is for Family Season 4, Westworld S3

All good shows.

Carry on...
    I've only seen Westworld in your list.

Ozark is the one that keeps popping up when people talk about what they are viewing.  I need to take a look at that one.
    catNotaroHossenpepperFlakeNoirGNTLGNTSundrop
  • Just finished: F is for Family Season 4, Westworld S3

All good shows.

Carry on...
    I've only seen Westworld in your list.

Ozark is the one that keeps popping up when people talk about what they are viewing.  I need to take a look at that one.
    I think you'll like Ozark. 
    NotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNTcatSundrop
  • If you liked Breaking Bad, you'll like Ozark, I think.
    NotaroFlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTcatSundrop
  • I loved Breaking Bad.  

Walter White's character development through the seasons was a privilege to watch.  Cranston's acting was above excellent.  And the story development was damn near perfect.  The creatives involved were that proverbial lightning in a bottle.

NotaroGNTLGNTcatFlakeNoirSundrop
  • This has probably been reccomended here, but Money Heist is excellent, Steve has even promoted it on twitter, you can get it on Netflix. 
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTcatFlakeNoir
  • edited July 2020
    Just finished up H.C.'s The Woods.

I really liked this lead actor/character.  I hope to see him in more projects in the future.

Poland is bleak!  Of course, for purposes of mood and setting, they may have chosen to show us a bleaker picture. Surely Poland has upscale, modern and beautiful areas too?

Flashbacks are definitely brighter, while modern day is gray and chilly.

It was an acceptable web overall.  The only thing I knew quickly was the storyline with Paweł's mother.  That was pretty obvious.  But the kid storyline was twisty.
    GNTLGNTcatFlakeNoir
  • Just finished up H.C.'s The Woods.

I really liked this lead character.  I hope to see him in more projects in the future.

Poland is bleak!  Of course, for purposes of mood and setting, they may have chosen to show us a bleaker picture. Surely Poland has upscale, modern and beautiful areas too?

Flashbacks are definitely brighter, while modern day is gray and chilly.

It was an acceptable web overall.  The only thing I knew quickly was the storyline with Paweł's mother.  That was pretty obvious.  But the kid storyline was twisty.
    Would not expect a Polish network to adapt a Harlan Coben book, but will check it out. 
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTcatFlakeNoir
  • His books have been adapted by UK, French and Polish channels -- not by American ones, as far as I know!
    GNTLGNTHedda GablercatFlakeNoir
  • His books have been adapted by UK, French and Polish channels -- not by American ones, as far as I know!
    Weird, especially with him being a US author and all. 
    GNTLGNTcat
  • Started watching this, Der Pass, slow starter but after four episodes in I'm hooked.

FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • There is a show on Netflix show called Warrior Nuns ... man, is it me or is Netflix really strapped for ideas. 
    GNTLGNT
  • Finished Der Pass, really enjoyed it,  all that kept going through my head when Nicholas Ofczarek was onscreen was Orson Welles.....

Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Notaro said:
    Finished Der Pass, really enjoyed it,  all that kept going through my head when Nicholas Ofczarek was onscreen was Orson Welles.....

....indeed!......
    NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • I'm halfway through the first season of DEADWIND.  Interesting enough.
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTSundrop
  • Peaky Blinders...
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTSundrop
  • Peaky Blinders...
    I tried to watch this.  For some reason, I just couldn't get past that first episode and everyone loves this.  

FlakeNoirEdwardJohnNotaroGNTLGNTSundrop
  • Use the subtitles..helped a lot!!!
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirEdwardJohnNotaroGNTLGNT
    I'm a subtitle girl.  Is that my problem?  I just didn't use my tools correctly to fully enjoy the series?  Because there was something I just couldn't get through it.
    FlakeNoirOut of OrderNotaroGNTLGNT
  • Well, I found the dialogue hard to follow, but the action and the scenery were great. I’m up to S3 ep. 4.
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNT
    I'm a subtitle girl.  Is that my problem?  I just didn't use my tools correctly to fully enjoy the series?  Because there was something I just couldn't get through it.
    An Irishman doing a Cockney accent ... what could go wrong? :)
    GNTLGNT