Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• ghost19 said:
    Notaro said:
    Really enjoying the current season of Cardinal, top notch performances as usual. 
    I loved the first season of Cardinal, but it looks like season two is only on Amazon here and I don't get that. damn!
    Okay, in checking this out HULU has the first 3 seasons of Cardinal and I've seen all of those. So hopefully this means season 4 will be coming soon!

Is there a new season of Cardinal out? I very much hope so, love that show.
    Yes! There is a season 4 but I can't get it yet.  Can't wait!

John Cardinal's character is very tragic, a brilliant detective, but he's snake bit at every turn it seems like.
    Hedda GablerNotaroGNTLGNTcat
  • edited May 2020
    Has anybody here watched Locke and Key?  I know nothing about the storyline, characters, settings. Nothing. I just know keys are involved somehow.  

Is the comic series good and how well is it adapted to the small screen?  Was Joe involved in the serie?
    GNTLGNTNotarocat
  • Has anybody here watched Locke and Key?  I know nothing about the storyline, characters, settings. Nothing. I just know keys are involved somehow.  

Is the comic series good and how well is it adapted to the small screen?  Was Joe involved in the serie?
    .....I bought the boxed edition of the comic series and it is WELL(pun intended)worth the investment.....a standout idea in a desert of regurgitated concepts.....I don't know if Joe was involved, other than cameoing like his poppa.....
    Hedda GablerNotarocat
  • I think I have 1, 2 episodes of Russian Doll to finish. 

This has been an interesting show.  I hope by the end of season 1 we get some answers as to why this is happening to both of them.  How they are connected.  
    GNTLGNTcat
  • Just began the Tv series Snowpiercer. Undecided, so will watch the secnd episode. 
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTcat
  • spideyman said:
    Just began the Tv series Snowpiercer. Undecided, so will watch the secnd episode. 
    I thought it was interesting.  I am curious where they are going to take this.  And for this train to be this long and to have so much space for a spa, and a greenhouse etc... and then the tailies have a matchbox sized space -- I'm just suspending disbelief. This is the future.  Who knows what the future is.  How can we question the future and someone's vision of that future?  

So, I'm just going along with it.  

"come on ride the train train, ride the train..."
    spideymanNotaroGNTLGNTcat
  • spideyman said:
    Just began the Tv series Snowpiercer. Undecided, so will watch the secnd episode. 
    I thought it was interesting.  I am curious where they are going to take this.  And for this train to be this long and to have so much space for a spa, and a greenhouse etc... and then the tailies have a matchbox sized space -- I'm just suspending disbelief. This is the future.  Who knows what the future is.  How can we question the future and someone's vision of that future?  

Appears class distinction remains in the future!
    NotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNTcat
  • spideyman said:
    spideyman said:

unfortunately, I don't think that will ever change.  Humans will never rise to the level of enlightenment towards their fellow man.  Some just have to feel superior or they have sad little lives.
    spideymanGNTLGNTcat
  • spideyman said:
    spideyman said:

unfortunately, I don't think that will ever change.  Humans will never rise to the level of enlightenment towards their fellow man.  Some just have to feel superior because they have sad little lives

NotaroGNTLGNTcat
  • I finally caught up and finished the network shows I watch. It will be interesting when things come back on, if I can keep up, since I won't have the ability to just DVR everything. 

But now I can start watching this season's Killing Eve and finish Outlander, I still have all this season of Doctor Who to watch. 
    Hedda GablerNotaroGNTLGNT
  • cat said:
    I finally caught up and finished the network shows I watch. It will be interesting when things come back on, if I can keep up, since I won't have the ability to just DVR everything. 

But now I can start watching this season's Killing Eve and finish Outlander, I still have all this season of Doctor Who to watch. 
     I love Killing Eve. Villanelle is one of my all time favorite characters.
    catNotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTspideyman
  • cat said:
    I finally caught up and finished the network shows I watch. It will be interesting when things come back on, if I can keep up, since I won't have the ability to just DVR everything. 

I love Killing Eve. Villanelle is one of my all time favorite characters.
    Me, too. I want to hang out with her because she's fun and quirky. I'd be one of those she calls borrrinng! In that way she has.  :D

Then she'd probably kill me.  :p
    NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTspideyman
  • I've been saving up Killing Eve to watch all at once. I'm currently watching Babylon Berlin, Season 3 and my wife and I have gone back to the beginning of The Good Wife after we caught up with The Good Fight.
    Hedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTspideyman
  • Catching up on Bosch, love this show. 
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTspideyman
  • When do we get to watch episode 7 of Eve, @Hedda Gabler?
    (I've just spent the past week or so speaking (out-loud to myself) in a terrible Russian/English-is-my-second-language accent.)
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTspideyman
  • That (above) came out wrong. I meant my accent interpretation was terrible. Doh. 
  • FlakeNoir said:
    When do we get to watch episode 7 of Eve, @Hedda Gabler?
    (I've just spent the past week or so speaking (out-loud to myself) in a terrible Russian/English-is-my-second-language accent.)
    New episode my Sunday, so, is it today for you? Or is it your Monday?
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTspideyman
  • FlakeNoir said:
    When do we get to watch episode 7 of Eve, @Hedda Gabler?
    New episode my Sunday, so, is it today for you? Or is it your Monday?
    It'll be Monday for me.
  • Finished Russian Doll.  I really liked this convoluted thing.  But, we really didn't get any answers, or the answers to the questions I had.  Hopefully season two will be quick in coming.

The Valhalla Murders -- This was very predictable, but I still enjoyed it.  As I always say, foreign settings are always another character to me.   I like to see how other countries do things.  How they live.  Their cities, their homes, their laws.  It still makes it worth my time almost always.
    GNTLGNTspideyman
  • edited May 2020
    One more episode of Killing Eve. 

I do not like that

Villanelle is losing her killing ability.  That's what makes her so fascinating.  I don't want them to give her a conscience (which I don't think she's developing that, but where are they going with this?) or give her this need to want a housewife life, making crafts and baking cookies.

I want her to be a badass killing machine, treating humanity like a bug in a jar and she's gleefully holding the magnifying glass over our heads.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirspideyman
  • edited June 2020
    Well, now I'm going to have to watch this season of Killing Eve all over again.

I'm not sure where they are taking this.  It's not broken, don't fix it!  Not yet, anyway.

I'm going to put my trust in the writers. They have a team of writers that are magic.  
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirspideyman
  • Have started to rewatch Everybody Loves Raymond, still damn funny.....

GNTLGNTHedda GablerspideymanSundrop
  • I just realized HULU has Boston Legal!  

I never watched this show when it was on.  I was in the middle of raising kids and all that jazz.  Didn't have a lot of time for TV, much less commit myself to a series.  

I've wanted to watch it forever so I have started and I'm really enjoying it.  The ensemble cast is great and I love James Spader as an actor.  And William Shatner is perfect for this role.
  • I am loving Alan Shore and Denny Crane's relationship.
  • RECKONING.

This one took me a few episodes to get into.  The acting was hanging me up but I finally got in the groove of it and it's got a decent enough plotline. I would come back for a season 2.
    GNTLGNTNotarospideyman