Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• edited June 2020
    I've started  Harlan Coben's The Woods.  It's a Polish series on Netflix.

Anyone watch this?  It's starting off in a style that is interesting, and everything in me is wanting to bail.  But, I've enjoyed Harlan's other work that has been adapted so I'm going to hang in there.  

NotaroGNTLGNTcat
  • Just finished Season 1 of Boston Legal.

Again, another series I'm enjoying so far.  I laugh at Denny, but part of me feels icky about doing so.  
    NotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoircat
  • edited June 2020
    Still continuing to watch Snowpiercer,  the series.  My suspension of disbelief is being sorely tested on this one.  But as I said before, I don''t know what engineering marvels are in the future.  The vision of the future is very much up for grabs in creative stories.

Still watching Penny Dreadful.  Nathan Lane is the one to watch in this.  It's taking some real focus for me to stay with the season, but it seems each episode gives me just enough of a tidbit to keep me coming back.  And I'm so deep into it now, I really can't just stop.  

I do enjoy Rory Kinnear's performances in anything.  He will always be my beloved John Clare in the first season of Penny Dreadful.
    GNTLGNTcat
  • Season 3 of Marcella dropped on Netflix.  Pretty happy about this.  I'm going to have to watch one or two episodes again of Season 2 so I know where we left off, it's been so long.
    GNTLGNTBevVincentFlakeNoircat
  • Season 3 of Marcella dropped on Netflix.  Pretty happy about this.  I'm going to have to watch one or two episodes again of Season 2 so I know where we left off, it's been so long.
    Thanks for the heads up on Marcella, really enjoyed first two seasons, definitely be tuning in to this one.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoircat
  • Notaro said:
    Season 3 of Marcella dropped on Netflix.  Pretty happy about this.  I'm going to have to watch one or two episodes again of Season 2 so I know where we left off, it's been so long.
    Thanks for the heads up on Marcella, really enjoyed first two seasons, definitely be tuning in to this one.
    WAtched the first episode of Season 3.  I think it's going to be good.
    NotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoircat
  • We subscribed to CBS All Access just because of Picard. We were glad we did. We realllly enjoyed the show. I'll admit to feeling let down by the final episode, but not enough, apparently. I'm rooting for another season to beam in. 

These are mostly pretty serious series you guys are talking about, but Grandma and I are just about done with The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel on Amazon. One more episode to go. It's been brilliant. We've loved every show, fantastic writing, and we haven't laughed so much since the "robot arm" episode on Big Bang Theory

We were both quite enamored with Outlander, but then I drifted somewhere, I think, in the first part of the third season. I can be a tough sell sometimes, no doubt. Grandma still likes it and watches it. 

I even hate to admit this, but we watched Merlin all the way through. It was somewhat silly, goofy fun, sometimes predictable, usually improbable, but it was just enjoyable, and aside from all those -ables, the characters were appealing.  
    NotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoircat
  • We're getting a lot of mileage out of CBS All Access by binge-watching The Good Wife. We're already up to Season 5! Plus the Good Fight.
    GNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoircat
  • Grandpa said:
    We subscribed to CBS All Access just because of Picard. We were glad we did. We realllly enjoyed the show. I'll admit to feeling let down by the final episode, but not enough, apparently. I'm rooting for another season to beam in. 

These are mostly pretty serious series you guys are talking about, but Grandma and I are just about done with The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel on Amazon. One more episode to go. It's been brilliant. We've loved every show, fantastic writing, and we haven't laughed so much since the "robot arm" episode on Big Bang Theory

We were both quite enamored with Outlander, but then I drifted somewhere, I think, in the first part of the third season. I can be a tough sell sometimes, no doubt. Grandma still likes it and watches it. 

I even hate to admit this, but we watched Merlin all the way through. It was somewhat silly, goofy fun, sometimes predictable, usually improbable, but it was just enjoyable, and aside from all those -ables, the characters were appealing.  
    I'm one of the few people who has never watched Big Bang Theory.  I hope someday to catch it from the beginning because people love that show.

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel has won a bunch of awards, hasn't it?  Don't have access to it either but wish I did.
    GNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoircatGrandpa
    Wait for me... oh please wait, wait, wait for me, we can watch it together? 
    GNTLGNTcat
  • Notaro said:
    Season 3 of Marcella dropped on Netflix.  Pretty happy about this.  I'm going to have to watch one or two episodes again of Season 2 so I know where we left off, it's been so long.
    Arghhhhhhh.... I'll try to watch one tomorrow.
    GNTLGNTcat
  • I finished episode 2 this morning -- quite a shift in gears for the show.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTcat
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Notaro said:
    I'm in the middle of the second episode.  I had to stop to attend to business, cause it's business time (fence staining),  ;), but I'll get through it today.  
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoircat
  • I finished episode 2 this morning -- quite a shift in gears for the show.
    I'm not sure I'm liking this season's Marcella person.  Haven't seen enough yet to make that call, but she really doesn't give a crap about herself.  She is punishing herself.  And what a flat affect! 

marcella was always a risk taker, flawed (like all cops in these types of shows) but everything that kept her tethered is gone and she is obviously challenging death.  Come get me! and F.U.!
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoircat
  • edited June 2020
    Started watching Santa Clarita Diet. Two episodes in, it's ok, funny enough to keep watching.  

Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoircat
  • Going back and watching Justified for the upteenth time..lol, it's still a great show, favorite of all time.

Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotarocat
  • Notaro said:
    Started watching Santa Clarita Diet. Two episodes in, it's ok, funny enough to keep watching.  

I started this when it first hit Netflix and I was enjoying it enough, but I stopped for something else instead.  I haven't gone back to it.  Might give it another try.  I'd definitely have to start at the beginning because I don't remember much.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotarocat
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Notaro said:
    I'm in the middle of the second episode.  I had to stop to attend to business, cause it's business time (fence staining),  ;), but I'll get through it today.  
    :D 

Hedda GablerNotaroGNTLGNT
  • I liked Santa Clarita Diet. Wasn’t fond of the way the last season ended so I wasn’t all that heartbroken when it was canceled. 
    Hedda GablerNotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoircat
  • I wasn't that impressed with the new Creepshow. It was okay.

Will start season 2 of NOS4A2 tonight.

Been watching Dirty John: The Betty Broderick story.  I am totally fascinated by this case. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotarocat
  • LUUUUUVE this Harley Quinn

NotaroGNTLGNTcat
  • And, come on.... Kite Man?

Harley Quinn  Kite Man Character Intro  DC Universe - YouTube
    NotaroGNTLGNTcat
  • LUUUUUVE this Harley Quinn

.....HQ is my villainess crush.....
    NotaroHedda Gablercat
  • And, come on.... Kite Man?

Harley Quinn  Kite Man Character Intro  DC Universe - YouTube
    ....Pyramid Head's cuzin......
    Hedda Gablercat
  • GNTLGNT said:
    LUUUUUVE this Harley Quinn

.....HQ is my villainess crush.....
    Servalan from Blake's 7 was mine...........hubba hubba.  
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTcat