Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Documentaries

Comments

• Watched one called Minute by  Minute Eruption of Mount St Helens the other night on YouTube. Been seeing lots of pics on my fb feed from before the eruption and a few since, how the landscape has changed. I remember, even though I was only 6, ash falling on our car and in our yard in Nebraska...it was interesting and fascinating. 
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • Turn Every Page— The Adventures of Robert Caro and Robert Gottlieb. 

This is a fascinating historical telling about an author and his editor. Charming. A Werther’s Original look at life and people.  
    catGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • The Lady Of Silence.

A serial killer in Mexico is targeting elderly women. Worth a look.

Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Notaro said:
    The Lady Of Silence.

A serial killer in Mexico is targeting elderly women. Worth a look.

In my line up. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • edited August 2023
    moved to series thread

GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Watched an interview with Elton john done by Graham Norton. Uncensored.   Very good. — Amazon

Wait For your Laugh — a documentary on Rose Marie from the Dick Van Dyke show. I really enjoyed this. — Amazon

two stand up comedian shows -  Kathleen Madigan, Hunting Bigfoot and Nate Bergatze, Hello World. — Amazon

KurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Britney Spears — Divorce and Despair — Hulu

This is heartbreaking. She absolutely needs some help. Just because we don’t understand these desperate moments of crazy doesn’t mean her feelings aren’t real. She feels and believes her side deeply. But I don’t understand why somebody or some entity hasn’t stepped in to save her from herself. 

Ending the conservatorship was a bad idea on one hand. Yes, the father needed out of that, but there should have been some neutral body taking over to watch the transition to Free Britney.
    KurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • edited September 2023
    Loving Highsmith — Criterion

interesting author. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Harley & Katya.

An Australian figure skater teams up with a young Russian skater, they dream of gold at the olympics. With a gruelling training schedule their dream starts off well but ultimately ends in tragedy. 

Heartbreeaking documentary, how pressure to succeed can destroy peoples lives.

FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Notaro said:
    Harley & Katya.

An Australian figure skater teams up with a young Russian skater, they dream of gold at the olympics. With a gruelling training schedule their dream starts off well but ultimately ends in tragedy. 

Heartbreeaking documentary, how pressure to succeed can destroy peoples lives.

I also watched this. I found it interesting that 

she “jumped” “fell” out a window. Pooptin probably had it done to her because she embarrassed him. That’s his go-to move.  

FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • This probably won't mean much unless you grew up in Canada but the new documentary  Mr. Dressup: The Magic of Make-Believe (Amazon) is wonderful. He's our Mr. Rogers (and he and Fred Rogers started out together). 
    Hedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Watched Last Stop Larrimah.

A tiny one street town in the middle of nowhere in Australia, population 11, then one man goes missing......it looks like foul play.....the other 10 are suspects.....

This was really interesting, full of bizarre individuals.....small town life in the extreme.

GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • Oh, that sounds fascinating!
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • Notaro said:
    Watched Last Stop Larrimah.

A tiny one street town in the middle of nowhere in Australia, population 11, then one man goes missing......it looks like foul play.....the other 10 are suspects.....

This was really interesting, full of bizarre individuals.....small town life in the extreme.

I watched this and was so fascinated by the aussie culture. How was this ragtag bunch of people eating? Affording anything? Does the state give them living money? And out in the middle of nowhere.  No friggin way. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Notaro said:

Notaro said:

I watched this and was so fascinated by the aussie culture. How was this ragtag bunch of people eating? Affording anything? Does the state give them living money? And out in the middle of nowhere.  No friggin way. 
    Where did you guys see this?
    GNTLGNTKurbenNotaroHedda Gabler
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Notaro said:

Notaro said:

Sorry Flakes didn't see this question earlier, I watched it on Netflix.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoir
  • Notaro said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    Notaro said:

Notaro said:

Sorry Flakes didn't see this question earlier, I watched it on Netflix.
    Thanks, Irish I'll see if it's available to me. 
    GNTLGNT
  • The Beatles — Now and Then 

only 12 mins long about the new Beatle song coming out. 

Geez, this just gets me weepy. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • edited November 2023
    I am going to go look,  thank you.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • ahhhh gods.  found it.  thank you, now weepy too
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • edited November 2023
    Sorry, forgot to say where I watched it. 

And it was either hbo or hulu ???  I think it’s on youtube. Hell. I don’t know . 
    not_nadineFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • edited November 2023
    found it on freevee.   and could not barely make it thu either.    oh god, (((paul))

Called Paul now and then.   as you know. 

dammit it is heartbreaking.   my teeth even hurt  and the beatles were not even during my time with music.

KurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Saw it on youtube. Definitely got moist......
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Kurben said:
    Saw it on youtube. Definitely got moist......
    Could you or someone else please leave a link to it? I'm having trouble finding it on YouTube.
    GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • edited November 2023

FlakeNoirGNTLGNT