Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Documentaries

Comments

• Thank you, N.N.  :) 
    not_nadineGNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaro
  • and thank you Hedda, for bringing to our attention. :)
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • edited November 2023
    and thank you Hedda, for bringing to our attention. :)
    Yes, definitely... and I think the one below might actually be the one DJ saw? She said it was a 12 minute film? 🤔

GNTLGNTHedda GablerKurben
  • edited November 2023
    maybe?   thanks will watch.   where is DJ?  
    thanks,watched  think you are right about that one

that was awesome
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaro
  • edited November 2023
    FlakeNoir said:
    Yes, definitely... and I think the one below might actually be the one DJ saw? She said it was a 12 minute film? 🤔

Yes, this is the one
    not_nadineKurbenNotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • FlakeNoir said:

Yes, this is the one
    It was fantastic.. sweet and nostalgic.
    (thank you Irish for flicking it to me)
    NotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • edited November 2023
    Life on our planet.   Narrated by Morgan Fairchild.  Netflix.   :open_mouth:
    beautifully done.  And scary  

FlakeNoirKurbenHedda GablerGNTLGNTNotaro
  • edited November 2023
    yeek, this is a must watch and make your grateful to even to be alive
    KurbenHedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaro
  • This should be shown in all schools.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoirKurbenNotaro
  • edited November 2023
    So far, made it up to the frogs and dragon flys.  I could not watch any longer
    Beautiful show. 

Scared of when the humans show up.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirKurbenNotaroHedda Gabler
  • edited November 2023
    Humans showed up..
    God this is such a wonderful Doc, almost unbearable to watch.
    I am afraid of what is going to happen next
    KurbenFlakeNoirHedda GablerNotaroGNTLGNT
  • Have watched the first two episodes of Life On Our Planet. Very well made and the CGI are great. There are some assumptions in there that i could have lived without. I mean that Terror Birds had that ritual little dance before they fight is just a guess, not a fact though its presented as such but overall very well done. As long as its not too many guesses presented as facts i'm good.
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerNotaroGNTLGNTnot_nadine
  • Have seen 5 of 8 episodes now of Life On Our Planet and it is very good. Another of these scenes i could have done without was the T-Rex often was fighting for territory with other T'rexes and that they had complicated mating dances. Again its a total guess not supported by any fact. We have quite a bit of "facts" about T-Rexes since they are the most known dino they are also probably the most researched of them. The force of their bite, the speed they could run and the possibility suggested by several scientists that they hunted in small groups. I just think it is unnecessary to throw in guesses when you have unmentioned researched facts. But overall very good. Dont know how many notices these things but since i have read quite abit of books on paleontology, evolution, Invertebrates, vertebrates and specifically the evolution of reptiles and mammals i do. But i Think NN has a point, it should be seen at schools at least parts of it since it the knowledge here is packaged in a much easier to access way than a dry schoolbook and where we, as a species, came from ought to be worth a few hours of a students time.
    not_nadineGNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaro
  • ....understandable Kurb with your background and scholarly nature, you'll pick up on bits that the rest of us might not-it goes with the territory for anyone with a specialty...we will jump on things others might not notice or even give a rip about....I drive Tracy nuts with medical and music stuff....
    Hedda Gablernot_nadineKurbenFlakeNoirNotaro
  • Tom Petty: Somewhere You Feel Free - The Making of Wildflowers (on Amazon) -- a very good documentary about his mid-90s solo album.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirnot_nadineNotaro
  • The Pigeon Tunnel on Apple TV+ -- John le Carré's last interview and an overview of his fascinating life.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda GablerNotaro
  • edited January 25
    Hedda Gabler said: July 2023
    The Capote Tapes. Hulu

This was interesting but sad. Truman was hot with the upper crust of society in New York. Rubbing shoulders with the richest people. Invited to all their parties. He thought it was because they enjoyed his intelligence and conversation. Well, yes and no.

He was more like a clown, a performer to them. He was there for entertainment, to make fun of. And when he realized, it broke his heart. But, he played the flamboyant part and became their pocket gay. Listening to their secrets, watching their behavior. He enjoyed the parties.  And he was supposedly writing a book about them — Answered Prayers. Exposing their lives under obvious pseudonyms. 

He got a million dollar advance for it. He published some scathing excerpts that lost him his high society friends. One stayed in contact but the rest never spoke to him again.

I think this is where he really spiraled down. He jumped into the Andy Warhol/studio 54 scene and dug his grave basically. 

He died and the book was never published. Many believe there never was a book. But close friends say there was. 

Where is it? And who would care about these more than likely long dead society people, most with names I didn’t even recognize?
    Looking forward to the new series coming on Hulu 

Capote vs The Swans
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNT
  • I watched American Nightmare on Netflix -- the less you know about the situation going into it, the more you're likely to enjoy it, although I'm not sure "enjoy" is the right word. It's a wild, wild story, and the documentarians dole out the information in a way that makes you wonder what exactly is going on. So much of it is "incredible" in the literal sense...until you find out the truth. Three episodes. Fascinating.
    GNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • I watched American Nightmare on Netflix -- the less you know about the situation going into it, the more you're likely to enjoy it, although I'm not sure "enjoy" is the right word. It's a wild, wild story, and the documentarians dole out the information in a way that makes you wonder what exactly is going on. So much of it is "incredible" in the literal sense...until you find out the truth. Three episodes. Fascinating.
    Watched it. It was interesting, never heard of the case before but it made me question some of the officers working with it.
    BevVincentGNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • edited January 30
    I also saw this. I don’t like lazy, cosplay, corrupt cops. 
    GNTLGNT
  • I'm still watching this, partway through the 3rd episode. I'll report back when it's done. (Maybe tomorrow)
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • edited January 31
  • Have that in my queue too nn. 

I watched on freevee —. Chicago, The Terry Kath experience.  
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • FlakeNoir said:
    I'm still watching this, partway through the 3rd episode. I'll report back when it's done. (Maybe tomorrow)
    Reporting back on American Nightmare. 

Unbelievable how negligent some people can be in their work. (Police officers) 
    It wasn't even negligence actually, it was bullying, lying, laziness and fabrication just to fit an initial wrong assumption. And that's being generous. Disgusting. 

KurbenHedda GablerGNTLGNT