Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Documentaries

1202122232426»

Comments

• I've just finished watching this, it was very good. What a step back in time. 

KurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerSundrop
  • New documentary on Netflix references David Byrne and how he was  unfortunately on tour and wasnt able to participate for We are the world  Just goes to show how immensely popular Talking....Tracy and I watched it last night.....WOW!!......brought her back to her years in choir performances....of course I played ALL of these artists collectively and individually....but what sobered us was, how many have left us.....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirSundrop
  • edited February 4
    Youtube has a Dick cavett channel. I really really recommend this. Interesting stuff. Their clips are short so i encourage you to watch all the clips for a particular interview, not just the one 5 minute clip. 

And some guests have repeat visits with Dick, so don’t think it’s a one and done moment on the show. 

I watched an “interview” Dick attempted with peter falk, john cassavetes and ben gazarra. What unbelievable assholes. John ( who I hear so many personalities single him out as a great director) is promoting the movie Husbands that all three star in. I tried to watch this but they were assholes here too. I’ll finish it eventually. Maybe I will appreciate it as a whole thing. 

Right now, I’m watching Hitchcock. Brilliant interesting insights into hitch, movie making, society at the time, his contemporaries. 

Fascinating. Fascinating. 

FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Watched The Greatest Night in Pop. Interesting to see how it was arranged. Pity they didn't managed to persuade Prince. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Kurben said:
    Watched The Greatest Night in Pop. Interesting to see how it was arranged. Pity they didn't managed to persuade Prince. 
    We watched it last night, too. I think Prince would have felt as out-of-place as Dylan obviously did! It was interesting to see how it was assembled, and to consider what was going on backstage during Lionel Richie's infamous "outrageous" hosting duties!
    KurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirSundrop
  • ....I felt bad for Shelia E....yes, she was charting at the time-but essentially they were using her as a "honey pot" to lure Prince into the fold....
    BevVincentKurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirSundrop
  • edited March 1
    Evil Genius Netflix.   I remember this, but did not know the details.
     :open_mouth:   horrifying   to say the least.

Hedda GablerKurbenGNTLGNT
  • The Octopus Murders on Netflix -- a seemingly credible conspiracy theory documentary.
    GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Quiet on the Set

Sick bastards . 
    GNTLGNT
  • edited April 3
    The Power of Film. Max

Just a fantastic look at film and humans. And if people don’t see the truth in today’s world and people’s actions in what this Professor discusses, you are a damn dumb moron. 

Do something witchy to yourselves. 
    GNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoir
  • After finishing our 11-season rewatch of M*A*S*H, we checked out the recent documentary on Hulu: M*A*S*H: The Comedy That Changed Television. It was a nice reminiscence of that glorious TV era and the people who helped make a terrific show.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • ....one of the best shows to ever grace the big and small screens....
    Hedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoir
  • Romeo Must Hang — freevee
    GNTLGNT
  • edited April 28
    Not exactly a documentary but we really enjoyed Elton John & Bernie Taupin: The Library of Congress Gershwin Prize for Popular Song, on PBS, featuring several artists covering Elton and Bernie's songs, plus a couple by Elton himself.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerKurben
  • Video...."Files of the Unexplained".....Docuseries on Netflix.....quite interesting.....
    Hedda GablerKurben
  • I saw this scott, is it good? I’ve lost track if this is something i started??? Watched??? I’ll check it out. 
    GNTLGNTKurben
  • The episode about the severed feet features a lot of commentary from my buddy Jay Clarke, aka Michael Slade, author of the "Mountie Noir Special X" novels.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTKurben
  • edited April 28
    No, i hadn’t started this but I immediately went to 
    the foot episode.  Just started it but an opening comment — 14 feet and no crime suspected.  
    What the hell. 

But I have it solved, your friend Bev, apparently wrote a book where disarticulated bodies are being found along coastlines and it sounds like he wrote this BEFORE feet showed up. 

To insure the hot sales of his book, Michael Slade started his macabre killing spree. 

Thank you. Is there a reward? Check please. 
    😂🤣
    GNTLGNTKurben
  • I saw this scott, is it good? I’ve lost track if this is something i started??? Watched??? I’ll check it out. 
    ....it is quite good, told solely through those that have had the experiences....the one that still haunts me, because of the work I do now is "Yuba County 5".....
    KurbenHedda Gabler
  • GNTLGNT said:
    I saw this scott, is it good? I’ve lost track if this is something i started??? Watched??? I’ll check it out. 
    ....it is quite good, told solely through those that have had the experiences....the one that still haunts me, because of the work I do now is "Yuba County 5".....
    I watched this, what do you think happened scott? So weird and so sad. 
    GNTLGNT
  • I'm going to watch this afternoon thanks. 
    I will start with foot episode as well.

Annie Wilkes better not be involved.

GNTLGNTHedda GablerKurben
  • I don't know if I said this, but there's a documentary on Netflix titled 
    Don't pick up the phone. 

This guy called me a long time ago it has to be the same guy. Scared me so much. I really believed him
    GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • GNTLGNT said:
    I saw this scott, is it good? I’ve lost track if this is something i started??? Watched??? I’ll check it out. 
    ....I truly don't know Deej.....honestly, law enforcement botched the investigatory process-really stepped on their wieners. If they had done their due diligence rather than being lackadaisical until it didn't matter anymore, then I believe we might have more answers.  Right now, so much of it makes no sense a'tall and I firmly believe the fifth young man is dead as well....though no remains have been found.....suffice it to say, those on the spectrum hate changes to their routines and familiar activities....it doesn't smell right at all......
    Hedda Gabler
  • edited May 3
    GNTLGNT said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    ....I truly don't know Deej.....honestly, law enforcement botched the investigatory process-really stepped on their wieners. If they had done their due diligence rather than being lackadaisical until it didn't matter anymore, then I believe we might have more answers.  Right now, so much of it makes no sense a'tall and I firmly believe the fifth young man is dead as well....though no remains have been found.....suffice it to say, those on the spectrum hate changes to their routines and familiar activities....it doesn't smell right at all......
    I agree. 70 miles off a route the driver had done, what did the brother say, hundreds of times? I think they gave someone (s) a ride . Perhaps another car followed. I don’t know. It is all too weird. Enough food in that ranger place for a year.  The guy there wrapped like a mummy. The one kid totally missing ( could be scavengers) my heart just breaks for the families and how scared and anxious the boys must have been. 
    GNTLGNT
  • RATHER — netflix

A real journalist not afraid to go after the truth. Get in there toe to toe with the trash and shine a light on their corruption and racism, bigotry, lies. 

Filth and their supporters exposed — and dealt with. Good job Dan. 
    GNTLGNT