Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Random Thoughts

Comments

• edited April 2020
    Well, I'm headed out to the store.  Wish me God speed.  I am very afraid every time I have to go, but I have no choice, I have to go. 

I've got my gloves, my arms covered, my home-made mask and my wipes.  I social distance.  I get in and get out!  

Be safe everyone.
  • ghost19 said:
    Casa de Roller looking good sir. Hope the remaining renovations go easy. Is that house close to where your old house was Scott?
    ....it's only two miles from where we lived in town for so long, but sits back on a ridge in the woods....you Google Earth it and you can barely see a roof.....renos are coming as we can get to them and afford them...Tracy's current project is painting the focal wall in our living/dining room that is dark oak....it is now looking like white shiplap and has truly brightened the room....bless her, she has been very careful and sensitive to all work that's done since I grew up here....we are honestly making it our place but with enough mom and dad left to honor their spirits....
    doyoulove19
  • Well, I'm headed out to the store.  Wish me God speed.  I am very afraid every time I have to go, but I have no choice, I have to go. 

I've got my gloves, my arms covered, my home-made mask and my wipes.  I social distance.  I get in and get out!  

Be safe everyone.
    .....masks and gloves everyday at work-damn thing steams up my glasses.....get home, spray a peroxide/alcohol mix on the soles of my shoes and then strip out of my work clothes....if the neighbors don't like seeing me in my skivvies, they can kiss my fat white ass....
    doyoulove19
  • edited April 2020
    YES.  My glasses get steamed up so bad.  Maybe some straws up your nose sort of vented down and out the bottom would help.  Bwhahaa.
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ghost19 said:
    Casa de Roller looking good sir. Hope the remaining renovations go easy. Is that house close to where your old house was Scott?
    ....it's only two miles from where we lived in town for so long, but sits back on a ridge in the woods....you Google Earth it and you can barely see a roof.....renos are coming as we can get to them and afford them...Tracy's current project is painting the focal wall in our living/dining room that is dark oak....it is now looking like white shiplap and has truly brightened the room....bless her, she has been very careful and sensitive to all work that's done since I grew up here....we are honestly making it our place but with enough mom and dad left to honor their spirits....

I'm completely sure they'd both be proud knowing you and Tracy are living there sir. Good luck with the renovations.
  • YES.  My glasses get steamed up so bad.  Maybe some straws up your nose sort of vented down and out the bottom would help.  Bwhahaa.
    ...straws out my bottom is not a work-around.....
  • uhmmmm.  Okay, I got nothing here.
  • @BevVincent 

Might there be anyway we could read a story or two as a free read here on the site?  Why I ask, so many of your stories don't seem to be available anymore to purchase or to read on the site they were posted to.  Old stories.  Lots of links to nowhere.  I was excited to  read, "such and such is online for your reading pleasure" and I clicked, only to feel rick rolled.  bwhahaha!  No story!

"Harming Obsession" had a link.
    "Ten Little Phobias" had a link to Afterburn along with another story, but both of those links are no longer active.

I'm intrigued by all of them, but besides the two (3) above the one that didn't have a link but I would love to read is "The Dungarvon Whooper."  

Just audaciously begging here.  You never know if you don't ask, right? Can't blame a girl for trying.
  • edited April 2020
    A lot of webzines have short lifetimes, alas. You might be able to use the Wayback Machine (aka Internet Archive) to track some of them down. Some of the links weren't to stories themselves but rather to the magazines that contained the stories, though.
  • A lot of webzines have short lifetimes, alas. You might be able to use the Wayback Machine (aka Internet Archive) to track some of them down. Some of the links weren't to stories themselves but rather to the magazines that contained the stories, though.
    Thanks for the link to that.  I will definitely check it out and see what I can find.  Fingers crossed!
  • edited April 2020
    @GNTLGNT.  What's the latest at where you work?   

You are the most at-risk person I know.  I worry about you and your co-workers and family every day. Sending you safety vibes. 
  • When I read the international stats day after day, I'm just more and more speechless. :( 
    (NZ, we do not realise how very lucky we are.) 
  • @GNTLGNT.  What's the latest at where you work?   

You are the most at-risk person I know.  I worry about you and your co-workers and family every day. Sending you safety vibes. 
    ....3 Inmate deaths last I heard yesterday, I'm off today and tomorrow but will keep checking e-mail.....dozens of staff across the state sickened as well as hundreds of Inmates.....the nearest Institution to us went "hot" yesterday.....I just keep plugging away and try to keep from passing anything along when I make it home.....I fear total lockdown is not far away.......
  • GNTLGNT said:

....3 Inmate deaths last I heard yesterday, I'm off today and tomorrow but will keep checking e-mail.....dozens of staff across the state sickened as well as hundreds of Inmates.....the nearest Institution to us went "hot" yesterday.....I just keep plugging away and try to keep from passing anything along when I make it home.....I fear total lockdown is not far away.......
    Please watch your six old hoss, be careful Scott, I know you will, but still, take extra care of yourself amigo, you're in a high risk occupation and I sure as hell don't want this bug following you home.

• I am going to try to make homemade tortillas today.  It looks really easy to do, or at least I found a really easy recipe.  But, when it comes to doughs, I'm hit or miss.  And I think that's because you have to be pretty exact with measurements (not always, but sometimes) and I think I get a little carried away with dashes here and pinches there.
  • I am going to try to make homemade tortillas today.  It looks really easy to do, or at least I found a really easy recipe.  But, when it comes to doughs, I'm hit or miss.  And I think that's because you have to be pretty exact with measurements (not always, but sometimes) and I think I get a little carried away with dashes here and pinches there.

That sounds really good. Throw in some refried beans and some fajita chicken...now I want Mexican food....
  • I have hamburger, cheese, sour cream, chilis, olives, spinach leaves, onions, hot sauce -- I can pull off a decent dinner if I can just get these tortillas right.
  • ghost19 said:
    GNTLGNT said:

Please watch your six old hoss, be careful Scott, I know you will, but still, take extra care of yourself amigo, you're in a high risk occupation and I sure as hell don't want this bug following you home.

....this is how I feel.....

• My 18 year old just BLEW UP at me. He has been in a bad mood for days, guess I was the lucky one in the way when the top blew. 

Now I'm a little mad too.  :s
    Neesy
  • edited April 2020
    cat said:
    My 18 year old just BLEW UP at me. He has been in a bad mood for days, guess I was the lucky one in the way when the top blew. 

I'm so sorry.  I think everyone is tense as hell.  He's taking his frustration out on you, someone he loves, because he knows he's safe with you.  And I understand your anger too.  Because you didn't deserve it.  I hope he apologizes to you.  {{{cat and 18 year old}}}

We all can see people being very weird and unstable, insecure.  Passive aggressive, angry, bitter.   It's interesting and sad.   Strange times.  
  • I guess everyone is on edge, try to keep calm Cat :)
  • cat said:
    My 18 year old just BLEW UP at me. He has been in a bad mood for days, guess I was the lucky one in the way when the top blew. 

I'm so sorry.  I think everyone is tense as hell.  He's taking his frustration out on you, someone he loves, because he knows he's safe with you.  And I understand your anger too.  Because you didn't deserve it.  I hope he apologizes to you.  {{{cat and 18 year old}}}

We all can see people being very weird and unstable, insecure.  Passive aggressive, angry, bitter.   It's interesting and sad.   Strange times.  
    Notaro said:
    I guess everyone is on edge, try to keep calm Cat :)
    Thanks, guys. I know he is having a hard time with all this staying home stuff. He gets out for work and that's it. But he is not the only one. These are very stressful times for all of us. 
  • cat said:

Oh Goodness (((girl,))) I'm so sorry--it's very hard to take that from your kids, I know. :( And yes, the fear in what's happening right now comes out as anger, being a teenager (and living WITH teenagers) is hard at any time, right now it's unthinkable.

And on a lighter side... when I first read your message, I read it as your 18-year-old CAT had blown up at you... the picture I had was alarming... I've just come away from Stephen reading to us and in my mind, your elderly cat had either like... physically blown up (OMG!!!) or had blown huge smelly chunks all over you.
    I'm not sure which is worse actually, the reality or the mind-mess I first went to. :D