Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

MUSIC!

doyoulove19

Comments

• ....not my glass of Maypo, but that's what makes the world spin....variety and opinions....and the sense to respect both.....
  • I love all sorts of music.  It just has to have the right mojo going for it.  Something about the beat of this made me want to get up and move!
  • I was so flippin' sure you were going to Rick Roll us. :D 
  • edited April 2020
    Spotify and I are becoming great friends. A while back I began following a page on FB dedicated to a wee girl that lived with her mom and brother in the U.S. The little girl (named Charley) was diagnosed with brain tumours at 3 months of age.
    She sadly passed away in November last year and some time after that her mom shared Charley's favourite playlist from Spotify with us. 
    I've been listening to it ever since. (I'm not sure if this will show up, but I'll give it a whirl.) 

• FlakeNoir said:
    I was so flippin' sure you were going to Rick Roll us. :D 

Dang! I should've!

• FlakeNoir said:
    Spotify and I are becoming great friends. A while back I began following a page on FB dedicated to a wee girl that lived with her mom and brother in the U.S. The little girl (named Charley) was diagnosed with brain tumours at 3 months of age.
    She sadly passed away in November last year and some time after that her mom shared Charley's favourite playlist from Spotify with us. 
    I've been listening to it ever since. (I'm not sure if this will show up, but I'll give it a whirl.) 

This is a great playlist.  Is Spotify free?  Can you listen to anything you want or do you have to pay for an upgraded account to listen to what you want?
  • Listening to the two new albums from Nine Inch Nails, which they released for free. All instrumental mood music. Some of it is easy to listen to -- some of it, not so much. Brian Keene put a couple of NIN songs on my Dissonant Harmonies playlist.
  • FlakeNoir said:

This is a great playlist.  Is Spotify free?  Can you listen to anything you want or do you have to pay for an upgraded account to listen to what you want?
    Hmm, I'm not sure. I think you have to pay to have access to it all, but going by Bev's post above some of it is obviously free. One of my son's has an account that allows 5 (I think) piggyback accounts and we all just flick him some money each month to keep it going.
  • Listening to the two new albums from Nine Inch Nails, which they released for free. All instrumental mood music. Some of it is easy to listen to -- some of it, not so much. Brian Keene put a couple of NIN songs on my Dissonant Harmonies playlist.

(I typed in the quote box by mistake and now can't find a way to move my message outside of the quote, or discard the draft.)

A couple of my kids like NIN, I might look this up, thanks Bev. :) 
  • A lot of Spotify is free, ad-supported. When Dissonant Harmonies is closer, I’ll post a Spotify playlist of the songs Brian and I gave each other to write to. 
  • A lot of Spotify is free, ad-supported. When Dissonant Harmonies is closer, I’ll post a Spotify playlist of the songs Brian and I gave each other to write to. 
    Oh that'd be great! Thanks Bev. 
  • Big fan of radio plays, I probably listen to them more than I do music.

Neesy
  • Notaro said:
    Big fan of radio plays, I probably listen to them more than I do music.

I really enjoy these.  I've listened to a number of the ones you've posted over on the SKMB.  They really take me back to my younger days when I would go to bed at night and turn my radio to a station that was still playing these.  So much fun to listen to.
  • Notaro said:

How did you get that Dracula to post like that?  With the picture and arrow to hit start instead of just the www address?
  • Notaro said:

How did you get that Dracula to post like that?  With the picture and arrow to hit start instead of just the www address?
    I don't know Hedda, I post from my phone and from my PC, when using my phone I pause the video on youtube then select the little curved arrow beside the three dots at the top right of the screen, that opens a window at the bottom of the screen which has all the share options, I just select copy link then paste it in when making a post. When on the PC I just copy and paste in the link, 

• very cool, thank you!
  • very cool, thank you!
    No problem, glad it worked for you.
  • Notaro said:
    very cool, thank you!
    No problem, glad it worked for you.
    I was thinking, this man is magic!  :D