Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

MUSIC!

Comments

• Notaro said:
    This was a good one.  Wouldn't it be great fun to be part of the team bringing these to the radio?  Whether voice actor, or wind machine operator -- it would be great.
  • Notaro said:
    This was a good one.  Wouldn't it be great fun to be part of the team bringing these to the radio?  Whether voice actor, or wind machine operator -- it would be great.
    Yeah that be a cool job to have, got my love of all things radio from listening to The Goon Show when I was a kid,  Peter Sellers was just a bottomless well of voices, I spent endless hours trying to imitate his and Milligan and Secombe's characters voices. 
  • edited April 2020
    Neil Finn of Crowded House is doing a radio kitchen concert each afternoon at 3 pm Pacific where he plays songs, either solo or with his sons, for 35-50 minutes. It's charming, like having him sitting at the kitchen table playing just for you. Occasionally they post a video performance, too, like this one.

• Neil Finn of Crowded House is doing a radio kitchen concert each afternoon at 3 pm Pacific where he plays songs, either solo or with his sons, for 35-50 minutes. It's charming, like having him sitting at the kitchen table playing just for you. Occasionally they post a video performance, too, like this one.

I am setting my alarm to check this out today.
  • If you install the mixlr app, you can listen to the 40 or so previous shows, too.
  • If you install the mixlr app, you can listen to the 40 or so previous shows, too.
    wow, they've been busy!
  • Notaro said:
    Notaro said:
    Yeah that be a cool job to have, got my love of all things radio from listening to The Goon Show when I was a kid,  Peter Sellers was just a bottomless well of voices, I spent endless hours trying to imitate his and Milligan and Secombe's characters voices. 
    Sounds interesting.  I don't know The Goon Show.

In this story, I knew who was doing it fairly early.  

But, I didn't connect her to the husband.  And it didn't end the way I thought it would.  When she asks him, "Now that your wife is gone, can we be together?" and he says no and she goes onto to say, "We did this to her" I thought, uh oh.  She's going to blackmail him into a romance or she'll go to the police and implicate him! But, it didn't end that way.  

I'll listen to the dracula one soon.

• ...nope....I has a dumb.....
    listening now. This is great!
  • I enjoyed this very much.  I'll set my timer for every day.  Does he do this on the weekends too?

thanks Bev!
  • Every day, pretty much without fail. My favorite episodes are the ones where his grandson makes an appearance and babbles in the background! I've been a big fan of his work since the early 1980s -- his brother Tim was a founding member of Split Enz, who were huge back then. Neil joined that group and then founded Crowded House when the Enz ended. He also has some solo albums that are pretty terrific. He was asked to join Fleetwood Mac on their most recent tour, which must have been a blast for him.
  • Neil Finn of Crowded House is doing a radio kitchen concert each afternoon at 3 pm Pacific where he plays songs, either solo or with his sons, for 35-50 minutes. It's charming, like having him sitting at the kitchen table playing just for you. Occasionally they post a video performance, too, like this one.

Neil Finn of Crowded House is doing a radio kitchen concert each afternoon at 3 pm Pacific where he plays songs, either solo or with his sons, for 35-50 minutes. It's charming, like having him sitting at the kitchen table playing just for you. Occasionally they post a video performance, too, like this one.

That was great! I love the Finn brothers. Have the RKC bookmarked now, thanks. 
  • Notaro said:
    Notaro said:
    The Goon Show was the brainchild of Spike Milligan, without it there probably wouldn't have been a Monty Python, In my opinion they were the originators of alternative comedy. Zany, chaotic and hilarious. If you give it a go I hope you enjoy it, this is one of my favourites,

THE TREASURE OF LOCH LOMOND 

• Notaro said:
    Notaro said:
    Notaro said:
    The Goon Show was the brainchild of Spike Milligan, without it there probably wouldn't have been a Monty Python, In my opinion they were the originators of alternative comedy. Zany, chaotic and hilarious. If you give it a go I hope you enjoy it, this is one of my favourites,

Nope, it's not available here either.
  • Every day, pretty much without fail. My favorite episodes are the ones where his grandson makes an appearance and babbles in the background! I've been a big fan of his work since the early 1980s -- his brother Tim was a founding member of Split Enz, who were huge back then. Neil joined that group and then founded Crowded House when the Enz ended. He also has some solo albums that are pretty terrific. He was asked to join Fleetwood Mac on their most recent tour, which must have been a blast for him.
    I went back and listened to some select songs.  I loved his Old Man version.  Good music here to dip into.  
  • Notaro said:
    Notaro said:
    Notaro said:

Nope, it's not available here either.
    Hit the icon on the far right, looks like a little dustbin, 

https://archive.org/details/the_goon_show_1-5/01+-+Dreaded+Batter+Pudding+Hurler,+The.mp3
  • Thank you @Notaro, that opened it right up!
  • FlakeNoir said:

Nice set today.  I love listening to them talk.  Neil sounds just my beloved Bret.
  • FlakeNoir said:

Nice set today.  I love listening to them talk.  Neil sounds just my beloved Bret.
    Agh, I missed it. Home-schooling the kid and got distracted and forgot about it. 
    Yeah, a lot of Kiwi blokes sound pretty similar.
  • You can listen to it using the mixlr app -- all of their dozens of shows are archived there under Fangradio.
  • Notaro said:
    I liked that!
  • Notaro said:
    I liked that!
    It's on the soundtrack to Moneyball, that's how I found it, great movie and a great song.