Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Are You Doing Today? (an SKMB greatest hits)

Comments

• Today (yesterday, actually), I should be at Necon, my favorite writers' convention. Alas, Necon 40 won't be in 2020.
    spideymancatNotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoirSundropGNTLGNT
  • edited July 2020
    spideyman said:
    I am literally losing it.  

As some of you know, I watch 2 little boys.  They are now 8 and 5?  I think, crap I've lost time.  I've watched them since they were newborns. 
    Anyway, I haven't been allowed to see them because of this covid stuff.  I haven't hugged them since February!  FEBRUARY!

To not have those hugs....

I have facetimed them, and I love their little chatter.  And they ask when they can see me again at their house.  They miss me.  It's nice to be missed and wanted.

So, I am out in my car now to force people to interact with me.  Because dammit! Somebody out there today is going to experience the Dana Jean!
     Be careful what you ask for!  If you lived around here, according to my daughter, just walk in Wal Mart--- you'll have more "interaction" than you desire. 

Meanwhile, here is a cyber hug (((Hedda Gabler)))
    oh, I don't go in places especially mid-day in Covidiotville.  I just drive through and make people talk to me.  bwhahahha! 

I had to go to the bank, which is two lanes.  Everyone was lined up where NO ONE could get to that second lane.  When I could finally make a break, I got around these numbnutz sitting and waiting in the one line.  I understand someone might want to drive up to a window, but don't block the other lane from people willing to risk sending their business through a plastic tube.  Made my banker talk to me.

I got Kentucky Fried Chicken drive thru hoping it was as good as my memory of the old Kentucky Fried Chicken.  It was not.  Yes, I have wet wipes and I wipe stuff down. Made them talk to me.

I had some walk-in business, but it was at a  business that is very quiet and no one is there, so masked up, walked in, I was the only person in the building besides 2 workers who were social distanced from each and me.  So, I forced them to talk to me.

So, I had some safe,  face-to-face interaction today and that makes me feel normal.

Notarodoyoulove19spideymanFlakeNoircatSundropGNTLGNT
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Just made a jaunt to the grocery store.  I get home with a 24 pallet of cat food cans which I immediately knocked into the edge of the car as I was lifting them out of the trunk.  Twenty-four cans of Chunky Chicken with Extra Gravy went rolling as quickly as they possibly could to the far reaches of the earth.  

I threw a tizzy fit and picked up the cans, walked them to my door where I promptly fell off the step leading into my house.  

I now have myself quietly sitting in a chair trying to determine if this is a sign from God that I should quit moving large muscle groups for today.  

When my coordination is short circuiting and my depth perception is on the fritz, it's usually a clear Defcon 3.  The Air Force has been alerted and is ready to deploy.  

Oh (((girl)))...!

I am forcing myself not to laugh right now because, two things.
    1) Just like you, a trip... a fall... so long as they're not actually hurt, is just a bit funny.
    2) I'm thinking that you laughing at me yesterday when I fell over, has caught up with you today... and so I'm looking out for both of our tomorrows!

I hope you're okay girl, just sit down, get the cats to bring you a can-opener and a spoon.
    DAMN! I quoted the wrong post again!!!! 

THIS is the post that should've had the comment:

Karma was listening.

NotarospideymanFlakeNoircatSundropGNTLGNT
  • oh, I don't go in places especially mid-day in Covidiotville.  I just drive through and make people talk to me.  bwhahahha!

I had to go to the bank, which is two lanes.  Everyone was lined up where NO ONE could get to that second lane.  When I could finally make a break, I got around these numbnutz sitting and waiting in the one line.  I understand someone might want to drive up to a window, but don't block the other lane from people willing to risk sending their business through a plastic tube.  Made my banker talk to me.

I got Kentucky Fried Chicken drive thru hoping it was as good as my memory of the old Kentucky Fried Chicken.  It was not.  Yes, I have wet wipes and I wipe stuff down. Made them talk to me.

I had some walk-in business, but it was at a  business that is very quiet and no one is there, so masked up, walked in, I was the only person in the building besides 2 workers who were social distanced from each and me.  So, I forced them to talk to me.

So, I had some safe,  face-to-face interaction today and that makes me feel normal.

Good for you, honey!! Our mental health is just as important as anything else.  As long as you are safe, then you do your drive by force talking!!   (((Heddeej)))   Like me new name for you??  <3 :D
    Hedda GablerspideymanFlakeNoircatSundropGNTLGNT
  • *my   - how do we edit??  :s
    Hedda GablerspideymanFlakeNoircatSundropGNTLGNT
  • edited July 2020
    oh, I don't go in places especially mid-day in Covidiotville.  I just drive through and make people talk to me.  bwhahahha!

Good for you, honey!! Our mental health is just as important as anything else.  As long as you are safe, then you do your drive by force talking!!   (((Heddeej)))   Like me new name for you??  <3 :D
    I lOVE it!  Up in the right hand corner of your typing box, there is a little gear, click on that and it will let you edit.  And your window of edit is different depending on how much you participate.  

I can edit for a whole month. Which is a good thing because my fingers type independently of my brain and sometimes, a Rosetta stone is required.

spideymanFlakeNoircatSundropGNTLGNTdoyoulove19
  • hover your arrow up in the right hand corner of your posted comment you want to edit.
    spideymanFlakeNoircatGNTLGNT
  • oh, I don't go in places especially mid-day in Covidiotville.  I just drive through and make people talk to me.  bwhahahha!

I lOVE it!  Up in the right hand corner of your typing box, there is a little gear, click on that and it will let you edit.  And your window of edit is different depending on how much you participate.  

I can edit for a whole month. Which is a good thing because my fingers type independently of my brain and sometimes, a Rosetta stone is required.

I don't think the editing thing is available right away,  I had to get pretty blabby for a while before I earned the badge. Some of the folks might not have reached full blab just yet,  so the tool icon won't show up for them.
    spideymancatHedda GablerSundropGNTLGNTdoyoulove19
  • If you guys would like to enroll in Out of Order’s agility classes I’m excepting new members!🤗
    FlakeNoircatHedda GablerSundropGNTLGNTdoyoulove19
  • If you guys would like to enroll in Out of Order’s agility classes I’m excepting new members!🤗
    My knees are still too bruised but I may get back to you at a later date. 
    Out of OrderspideymancatHedda GablerSundropGNTLGNTdoyoulove19
  • You won’t kneed your knees, Flake!!🤗
    FlakeNoirspideymancatHedda GablerSundropGNTLGNTdoyoulove19
  • You won’t kneed your knees, Flake!!🤗
    Agility without knees, sounds like my kind of class. 
  • Classes mostly pertain to doing various things while on the couch. Like reaching for the remote without spilling your beer...
    FlakeNoirspideymancatHedda GablerSundropGNTLGNTdoyoulove19
  • Classes mostly pertain to doing various things while on the couch. Like reaching for the remote without spilling your beer...
    Oh well I'm going to fail before we even begin, I don't drink alcohol anymore.  
  • Beer in my case, but any beverage will do...😊
    FlakeNoircatHedda GablerSundropGNTLGNTdoyoulove19
  • Beer in my case, but any beverage will do...😊
    Right-o, sign me up then, thanks. ☺️
    catOut of OrderHedda GablerSundropGNTLGNTdoyoulove19
  • I don't drink alcohol, but I'm just about ready to learn the skill.  
    catspideymanFlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTOut of Orderdoyoulove19
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Going back to something I said yesterday, (2 somethings actually, but I'll get to that other one somewhere else) I've been feeling really guilty and bad.
    So Sunny, ( @Sundrop ) I'm sorry about my hair-cutting comments, I do care what people think about me (kinda, a little bit) and I definitely wasn't including you when I said 'bring it on biotc.... thingee. I also wasn't meaning you Deejers! It was just a throw-away comment. (I'm going to remove that bit from my post, it was eating into my psyche over-night)

Sigh. I'm so pathetic. :D 
    Don't you go worrying about me. I literally laughed out loud when I read your post!  
    I was gonna reply with "As long as you don't tell folks that I made a mess of your banged up fringe, it's all good!"   :p :D 
    catspideymanOut of OrderFlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTHedda Gablerdoyoulove19

Does that include "agility while swinging a weed whacker" classes?
    Asking for a friend...................

catspideymanOut of OrderFlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTHedda Gablerdoyoulove19
  • Didn’t do your stretching before whacking did you?🤗
    FlakeNoircatNotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablerSundrop
  • Sundrop said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    Going back to something I said yesterday, (2 somethings actually, but I'll get to that other one somewhere else) I've been feeling really guilty and bad.
    So Sunny, ( @Sundrop ) I'm sorry about my hair-cutting comments, I do care what people think about me (kinda, a little bit) and I definitely wasn't including you when I said 'bring it on biotc.... thingee. I also wasn't meaning you Deejers! It was just a throw-away comment. (I'm going to remove that bit from my post, it was eating into my psyche over-night)

Sigh. I'm so pathetic. :D 
    Don't you go worrying about me. I literally laughed out loud when I read your post!  
    I was gonna reply with "As long as you don't tell folks that I made a mess of your banged up fringe, it's all good!"   :p :D 
    Oh now she tells me?! :p 
    Out of OrdercatNotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablerSundropspideymandoyoulove19
  • I had a washing machine that I swear blind had a turbo engine inside - the spin cycle was incredible, I thought it was going to achieve vertical take-off, levitate and end up going through the roof for all the row it was making. I'm like "Dayamn..(!)"   :D
    FlakeNoirOut of OrdercatGNTLGNTHedda GablerSundropNotarospideyman
  • Ceefor said:
    I had a washing machine that I swear blind had a turbo engine inside - the spin cycle was incredible, I thought it was going to achieve vertical take-off, levitate and end up going through the roof for all the row it was making. I'm like "Dayamn..(!)"   :D
    I definitely want one of those!!! B)
    catGNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirSundropNotarospideyman
  • ....Deej on her "search for human discourse".....

my heart has no room for you but the trunk of my car definately
    Out of OrderHedda GablercatFlakeNoirSundropNotarospideymandoyoulove19
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....Deej on her "search for human discourse".....

my heart has no room for you but the trunk of my car definately
    I hovered between the 'like' and the 'WTF' buttons for the longest time on this one. 
    Out of OrderSundropNotarospideymanGNTLGNTHedda Gablerdoyoulove19