Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Are You Doing Today? (an SKMB greatest hits)

Comments

• cat said:
    Happy Birthday to Scott and be safe out there camping.  There are vampires.  I swear.  I can't camp because of a movie I saw where there are vampires camping too. But, you enjoy that time.  :D :D :D :D
    Thanks for putting that gem of an image in my head! 😲😲 🤣🤣🤣

Thanks for the birthday wishes for Scott. (@GNTLGNT too) I will pass them along! 
    That's not a joke, bwhahahaha.  I saw a movie about vampires preying on campers and I have never ever been able to camp because of that!  I did go to girl scout camp, but that was before I knew about the vampires.
    I'll take some garlic and put it on Lily's collar, she will protect us! 😉 Hang some from the camper door and not invite anyone inside. 😆
    doyoulove19spideymanHedda GablerFlakeNoirOut of OrderGNTLGNTSundrop
  • cat said:
    cat said:
    Happy Birthday to Scott and be safe out there camping.  There are vampires.  I swear.  I can't camp because of a movie I saw where there are vampires camping too. But, you enjoy that time.  :D :D :D :D
    Thanks for putting that gem of an image in my head! 😲😲 🤣🤣🤣

Thanks for the birthday wishes for Scott. (@GNTLGNT too) I will pass them along! 
    That's not a joke, bwhahahaha.  I saw a movie about vampires preying on campers and I have never ever been able to camp because of that!  I did go to girl scout camp, but that was before I knew about the vampires.
    I'll take some garlic and put it on Lily's collar, she will protect us! 😉 Hang some from the camper door and not invite anyone inside. 😆
    Make sure Lily is on board about that inviting stuff too.
    doyoulove19FlakeNoirOut of OrderspideymanGNTLGNTcatSundrop
  • Happy birthday to Scott @cat, I hope you have a wonderful time! <3 
    I love camping, haven't come across any Vampires as yet, but if I do I'll pretend to be a Swearwolf, maybe they'll go away? [ref: What We Do in the Shadows]
    Out of OrderspideymanGNTLGNTHedda Gablercatdoyoulove19Sundrop
  • I got nothing done today that I wanted. I am STILL waiting on our refund for that class trip we cancelled in March. Was told yet another date today so I got my bank involved. I ran around getting print outs of documentation and still have more to do but the bank is going to help me with a non-fraud claim. 

Funny enough, I threatened the trip company with legal action this morning and I had to call them again to request some info for the bank and now all of a sudden it has been processed, and I could see it anytime between tomorrow and the 31st. This morning, before I threatened legal action, I was told they had a glitch in their system (excuse #5) and they were unable to process refunds. 

Hmmm. 

Anyway. That's what I ended up doing today.  
    spideymanFlakeNoirNotaroOut of OrderGNTLGNTdoyoulove19Sundrop
  • cat said:
    I got nothing done today that I wanted. I am STILL waiting on our refund for that class trip we cancelled in March. Was told yet another date today so I got my bank involved. I ran around getting print outs of documentation and still have more to do but the bank is going to help me with a non-fraud claim. 

Funny enough, I threatened the trip company with legal action this morning and I had to call them again to request some info for the bank and now all of a sudden it has been processed, and I could see it anytime between tomorrow and the 31st. This morning, before I threatened legal action, I was told they had a glitch in their system (excuse #5) and they were unable to process refunds. 

Hmmm. 

It's unfortunate that people force us to hit that wall.  I'm sorry this happened to you and I'm glad you are finally getting results.  Let us know that you see the money.  

I just don't understand why this has to end up where it did.  You should've had that money immediately with no hurdles.  It's disrespectful.
    catFlakeNoirNotaroOut of OrderGNTLGNTdoyoulove19Sundrop
  • cat said:
    I got nothing done today that I wanted. I am STILL waiting on our refund for that class trip we cancelled in March. Was told yet another date today so I got my bank involved. I ran around getting print outs of documentation and still have more to do but the bank is going to help me with a non-fraud claim. 

Hmmm. 

It's unfortunate that people force us to hit that wall.  I'm sorry this happened to you and I'm glad you are finally getting results.  Let us know that you see the money.  

I just don't understand why this has to end up where it did.  You should've had that money immediately with no hurdles.  It's disrespectful.
    I honestly hated getting pissy with the lady I talked to this morning, I understand this stupid virus is an extremely unique situation. 

BUT. We paid for the privilege of cancelling for any reason with their full refund program. I cancelled 3-23-20. 4 months ago. That is ample time to process the refund. I cancelled 2 months before the trip was even supposed to happen. I should not still be waiting. 

I am hoping (against hope) that the person I spoke to this afternoon was not just blowing smoke and the refund will appear in my acct tomorrow or the next day. That they got their "glitch" 🙄🙄 fixed and I can just call my bank and tell them it's taken care of. 

But I am very pleased with my bank and how they jumped to help me today. I have proof thru statements, both bank statements and the travel company statement, it was all paid for. They have no right to keep our money. 
    FlakeNoirNotaroOut of OrderspideymanGNTLGNTdoyoulove19Sundrop
  • You have your ducks in a row.  I hate it when we are forced into becoming a combative.

You were more than patient.
    catFlakeNoirNotaroOut of OrderspideymanGNTLGNTdoyoulove19Sundrop
  • ...best of luck with this latest gambit and hopefully end run Cat!.....they just don't want to cough back money that doesn't belong to them.   Sadly they are not unique.....
    NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoirdoyoulove19Out of OrdercatspideymanSundrop
  • edited July 2020
    GNTLGNT said:
    ...best of luck with this latest gambit and hopefully end run Cat!.....they just don't want to cough back money that doesn't belong to them.   Sadly they are not unique.....
    They probably have it in an account drawing interest.  They want every last dime of that interest before they have to return the money.  Someone should sue them for the interest it helped generate.  When it's in a pool of money from 200 or 300 families  or more from across the country, (from other schools of course), they are making some righteous dosh.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTdoyoulove19Out of OrdercatspideymanSundrop
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ...best of luck with this latest gambit and hopefully end run Cat!.....they just don't want to cough back money that doesn't belong to them.   Sadly they are not unique.....
    They probably have it in an account drawing interest.  They want every last dime of that interest before they have to return the money.  Someone should sue them for the interest it helped generate.  When it's in a pool of money from 200 or 300 families  or more from across the country, (from other schools of course), they are making some righteous dosh.
    ....I have dealt with this situation more than I care to remember, and the depth and breadth of their excuses could provide the basis for one of those Master Classes....
    FlakeNoirHedda Gablerdoyoulove19Out of Ordercatspideyman
  • edited July 2020
    Have a great day kids.

I have to take one cat for boosters, I will continue my Master Class assignments, I am going to watch Boston Legal, the last episode of Deadwind Season 1 and view another class of sign language.

I may or may not chop up some tree branches I have piled high.  

I'm going to eat crap and buy myself a Dr. Pepper.  

doyoulove19Out of OrderGNTLGNTcatNotarospideymanFlakeNoirSundrop
  • Enjoy your crap food and your Dr Pepper, @Hedda Gabler! What happens when you finish this class do you get some kind of a certificate or something?? Do you hand in your assignments or is it more a do this if you want to perfect your craft kinda thing? I think it's cool you're doing it. 

I'm still running around trying to get stuff done before we leave tomorrow. Plans have changed a bit, Scott's aunt called and they all are pukey sick, so we aren't going there! Just to see my family. We'll be back home late Monday afternoon, Evan has to be back to work Tuesday. 

We'll take Tues to rest up a bit and load the camper up with food and hit the road to the mountains on Wednesday morning. 🙂🙂 

Oh and I will have to go to the bank Tuesday too, to give them everything they wanted printed out to proceed with our claim against the travel company. The lady who helped me yesterday is on drive thru duty today, so unavailable today and with us being out of town, Tues will be earliest I can do it. 

Have a great Friday and a happy weekend! I will try to check in a few times over the weeken . Big hugs!! ❤
    spideymandoyoulove19Out of OrderNotaroFlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTSundrop
  • cat said:
    Enjoy your crap food and your Dr Pepper, @Hedda Gabler! What happens when you finish this class do you get some kind of a certificate or something?? Do you hand in your assignments or is it more a do this if you want to perfect your craft kinda thing? I think it's cool you're doing it. 

I'm still running around trying to get stuff done before we leave tomorrow. Plans have changed a bit, Scott's aunt called and they all are pukey sick, so we aren't going there! Just to see my family. We'll be back home late Monday afternoon, Evan has to be back to work Tuesday. 

We'll take Tues to rest up a bit and load the camper up with food and hit the road to the mountains on Wednesday morning. 🙂🙂 

Oh and I will have to go to the bank Tuesday too, to give them everything they wanted printed out to proceed with our claim against the travel company. The lady who helped me yesterday is on drive thru duty today, so unavailable today and with us being out of town, Tues will be earliest I can do it. 

Have a great Friday and a happy weekend! I will try to check in a few times over the weeken . Big hugs!! ❤
    Safe travels and quick solutions.   Be safe. 
    doyoulove19Out of OrderNotaroFlakeNoirHedda GablercatGNTLGNT
  • cat said:
    Enjoy your crap food and your Dr Pepper, @Hedda Gabler! What happens when you finish this class do you get some kind of a certificate or something?? Do you hand in your assignments or is it more a do this if you want to perfect your craft kinda thing? I think it's cool you're doing it. 

Safe travels Cat, hope the travel company headache gets sorted soon. 😊
    FlakeNoirspideymanHedda GablerOut of OrdercatGNTLGNTdoyoulove19
  • edited July 2020
    cat said:

No, no certificate or anything.  Just friendly information delivered in a new way other than reading a how-to book.  There are plenty of those out there.  This just makes it seem cozy and personal.

Neil is so charming, I just love listening to him.  He taught at Bard's College.  How lucky were those students to be in that classroom?  Just as Stephen King's students were.  I don't know if I've ever heard any student of Stephen's talk about being in his class.  I think that would be interesting

Continue the good fight for what's yours. 
    Out of OrdercatFlakeNoirspideymanGNTLGNTdoyoulove19Sundrop
  • ....enjoy Cat!!.....and I have a spud bar I'd be happy to run up the travel company's nearest orifice for you......
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirdoyoulove19catSundrop
  • edited July 2020
    Yesterday after I walked the dogs I took some bread and ham and sat by the river to see if my old mate Eelvis was still around. Another eel came along and I knew right away that it wasn't him because this eel had both of his flappy paddles, I was surprised to see him because usually Eelvis is the first to arrive,  so I blurted out "Lieutenant Dan you got a new flappy paddle!" (and thus he has been named)

It took Eelvis nearly an hour to arrive, I really thought that he might have been gone, which would make me pretty upset as he's been around for a couple years now and I can hand feed and pet him. I couldn't get any pictures or video of Eelvis because he didn't stay long enough and I was just so pleased to see him and give him a few pats I forgot all about the phone. (I did get a few of Lieutenant Dan)
    (I was going to post all this last night but the film I watched just kicked the living crap out of me and I didn't have the energy I guess)

NotarospideymanOut of OrderSundropdoyoulove19cat
  • Good God flakes.  You and those damn eels.

Although, the way you talk about your friends does give me pause to maybe like them just a little teeensy bit?????
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotarospideymanOut of OrderSundropdoyoulove19cat
  • .....Flakers, that is awesome!!!!....I want one, and I want it NOW!!!!.....

I Want It Now  The Lambs War
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNotarospideymanOut of OrderSundropdoyoulove19cat
  • Cool snaps Flakes, what size is that guy? 
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerspideymanGNTLGNTOut of Orderdoyoulove19catSundrop
  • Notaro said:
    Cool snaps Flakes, what size is that guy? 
    Not very big, quite a young one. I would guess around half a metre?
    NotaroHedda GablerspideymanGNTLGNTOut of Orderdoyoulove19catSundrop
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Yesterday after I walked the dogs I took some bread and ham and sat by the river to see if my old mate Eelvis was still around. Another eel came along and I knew right away that it wasn't him because this eel had both of his flappy paddles, I was surprised to see him because usually Eelvis is the first to arrive,  so I blurted out "Lieutenant Dan you got a new flappy paddle!" (and thus he has been named)

It took Eelvis nearly an hour to arrive, I really thought that he might have been gone, which would make me pretty upset as he's been around for a couple years now and I can hand feed and pet him. I couldn't get any pictures or video of Eelvis because he didn't stay long enough and I was just so pleased to see him and give him a few pats I forgot all about the phone. (I did get a few of Lieutenant Dan)
    (I was going to post all this last night but the film I watched just kicked the living crap out of me and I didn't have the energy I guess)

That is so awesome.  Nature at it's best. 
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablerOut of Orderdoyoulove19cat
  • Reading, watching TV, working on lessons, eating (today I'm having a steak.) -- rinse and repeat.
    FlakeNoirOut of OrderGNTLGNTdoyoulove19catSundrop