Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Are You Doing Today? (an SKMB greatest hits)

Comments

• Tried working in my garden, had to abandon that as the wasps were out in force, little bast*rds. 🤬
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTspideymanOut of Orderdoyoulove19catSundrop
  • Flake and her eels...and people called me strange because my best friend is a toad...
    SundropFlakeNoirGNTLGNTspideymanNotaroHedda Gablerdoyoulove19cat
  • edited July 2020
    Flake and her eels...and people called me strange because my best friend is a toad...
    That's not why they called you strange.

:p 

:D  
     <3 
    GNTLGNTspideymanNotaroSundropHedda GablerOut of Orderdoyoulove19cat
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Flake and her eels...and people called me strange because my best friend is a toad...
    That's not why they called you strange.

:p 

:D  
     <3 
    Porkys Revenge - Hes A Strange Boy GIF by MikeyMo  Gfycat
    FlakeNoirspideymanNotaroHedda GablerSundropOut of Orderdoyoulove19cat
  • Heading over to my uncle's house.  He's gonna help me turn a windmill into a clock.  I could  do it myself except for the welding part...... 
    Hedda GablerNotarospideymanOut of Orderdoyoulove19GNTLGNTcatFlakeNoir
  • Sundrop said:
    Heading over to my uncle's house.  He's gonna help me turn a windmill into a clock.  I could  do it myself except for the welding part...... 
    photos.
    NotarospideymanOut of Orderdoyoulove19GNTLGNTcatFlakeNoirSundrop
  • Same as it ever was.
    NotarospideymanOut of Orderdoyoulove19SundropGNTLGNTcatFlakeNoir
  • Decluttering a shed.
    Notarodoyoulove19SundropGNTLGNTcatFlakeNoir
  • Sundrop said:
    Heading over to my uncle's house.  He's gonna help me turn a windmill into a clock.  I could  do it myself except for the welding part...... 
    Great heavens, not Brains’s place?👀
    spideymandoyoulove19NotaroSundropGNTLGNTcatFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • Sundrop said:
    Great heavens, not Brains’s place?👀
    Aw, hells no!  Brains is just a friend of my uncle's......and kinda on the dumb side of life, but very entertaining.  
    My uncle's name is Skip, but I call him Ducky.......thanks to a long evening of bar hopping, a story about being Australian kangaroo farmers, and him getting every girl's number he asked........
    spideymanGNTLGNTcatFlakeNoirOut of OrderHedda Gablerdoyoulove19
  • Here's today's clock project.  I need to put numbers on it, but one set was too big and the other set was too small.  I'll have to paint them on myself.

spideymanGNTLGNTcatFlakeNoirOut of OrderHedda Gablerdoyoulove19
  • Sundrop said:
    Here's today's clock project.  I need to put numbers on it, but one set was too big and the other set was too small.  I'll have to paint them on myself.

....very nice!......took a break from the archaeological dig below the main floor of the house-otherwise known as basement cleaning and took Tracy out for a day of fun.....she bought some clothes, craft supplies and the like.....me?.....I did guy stuff....bought another gun....
    catSundropspideymanFlakeNoirOut of OrderHedda Gablerdoyoulove19ghost19
  • We are home from vacation part 1. We had a great time seeing my family. Did not see my sister but long story to that. Spent Sat afternoon/evening with my mom.  Sunday we went to lunch with my dad, back to my mom's for a few hours and then out to the old farm and spent the evening with my dad and stepmom. Was a good time. Forgot how DARK it gets out in farm country. The crops all look great though. 

We will be home tomorrow, leaving Wed for the mountains for vacation part 2. 

Love you guys! 
    SundropspideymanFlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerNotarodoyoulove19Out of Order
  • cat said:
    We are home from vacation part 1. We had a great time seeing my family. Did not see my sister but long story to that. Spent Sat afternoon/evening with my mom.  Sunday we went to lunch with my dad, back to my mom's for a few hours and then out to the old farm and spent the evening with my dad and stepmom. Was a good time. Forgot how DARK it gets out in farm country. The crops all look great though. 

Love you guys! 
    55 Funny Travel  Vacation Memes Most Popular Travel Memes of 2019
    spideymancatSundropHedda GablerNotarodoyoulove19FlakeNoirOut of Order
  • It's amazing how much I can get accomplished during "vulnerable time" when I'm pretty much the only customer.  :D 

I went to the post office, grocery shopping, pharmacy, bank, starbucks, Bed Bath and Beyond and Petco all by 9:30.  No one breached my personal space, everyone was wearing a mask and I was queen of the world.  

I am home now, peeking out my windows at my neighbors, suspicious and wary.  
    Notarodoyoulove19SundropspideymanFlakeNoircatGNTLGNTOut of Order
  • @Sundrop - I love the clock!  Nice work! <3 

@Cat - glad you had a good part one and look forward to hearing about the mountains!  B)  

@GNTLGNT - good for you for taking a break with Tracy!  Too long in the basement is NOT good for anyone! :s

I am doing some side volunteer work that is pretty cool.  There is an historic African-American cemetary in the East End of Richmond called Evergreen.  It dates back to the late 1800's.  The area was severely overgrown and in January, our company participated in one of their Saturday clean up projects.  I wasn't able to attend that, but once we were shut-in for the plague, I discovered that another way to volunteer was helping to discipher all of the old ledger books of burial records. 

So, starting in June, I began training to be a Remote Transcriptionist.  I am given a page at a time from the ledgers with names, dates, cause of death, plot details, undertaker, price and many other strange notes in the margins.  I enter the records in a Google document, that will be loaded into a database for families trying to track down loved one, sort of like ancestry.com works.  Anyway, this weekend, I finished my 5th and most challenging page yet.  I have really enjoyed the work!  

Anyone else picked up any cool new things while we've been cooped up?

SundropspideymanFlakeNoircatNotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablerOut of Order

@Cat - glad you had a good part one and look forward to hearing about the mountains!  B)  

@GNTLGNT - good for you for taking a break with Tracy!  Too long in the basement is NOT good for anyone! :s

I am doing some side volunteer work that is pretty cool.  There is an historic African-American cemetary in the East End of Richmond called Evergreen.  It dates back to the late 1800's.  The area was severely overgrown and in January, our company participated in one of their Saturday clean up projects.  I wasn't able to attend that, but once we were shut-in for the plague, I discovered that another way to volunteer was helping to discipher all of the old ledger books of burial records. 

So, starting in June, I began training to be a Remote Transcriptionist.  I am given a page at a time from the ledgers with names, dates, cause of death, plot details, undertaker, price and many other strange notes in the margins.  I enter the records in a Google document, that will be loaded into a database for families trying to track down loved one, sort of like ancestry.com works.  Anyway, this weekend, I finished my 5th and most challenging page yet.  I have really enjoyed the work!  

Oh, I forgot to post a link for those of you (Scott :) ) who love old cemetaries!  

https://enrichmond.org/evergreen-cemetery/
    SundropspideymanFlakeNoircatNotaroGNTLGNTOut of Order

That is so cool, DoYa... I think this would be a really interesting thing to do. 
    spideymancatNotarodoyoulove19GNTLGNTOut of OrderSundrop
  • Sundrop said:
    Here's today's clock project.  I need to put numbers on it, but one set was too big and the other set was too small.  I'll have to paint them on myself.

I love this Sunny, it's looking great, can't wait to see it when you get the numbers on. :) 
    spideymanSundropcatNotarodoyoulove19GNTLGNT

Oh, I forgot to post a link for those of you (Scott :) ) who love old cemetaries!  

https://enrichmond.org/evergreen-cemetery/
    ...how awesome is that???....good on you girl!....and thanks for the link.....
    spideymanSundropdoyoulove19Out of OrderFlakeNoircat

That's so interesting.  Lots of stories there.
    doyoulove19Out of OrderspideymanSundropFlakeNoirGNTLGNTcat
  • Sundrop said:

Just remember the 12 goes at the top...🤗
    doyoulove19spideymanSundropFlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gablercat
  • cat said:
    We are home from vacation part 1. We had a great time seeing my family. Did not see my sister but long story to that. Spent Sat afternoon/evening with my mom.  Sunday we went to lunch with my dad, back to my mom's for a few hours and then out to the old farm and spent the evening with my dad and stepmom. Was a good time. Forgot how DARK it gets out in farm country. The crops all look great though. 

Love you guys! 
    Remember to smoke all the fish you catch to send me some!!!😋
    doyoulove19spideymanSundropFlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gablercat

Very cool! Once you finish this project you can start on my diary.....👀
    NotarospideymanSundropFlakeNoirdoyoulove19GNTLGNTHedda Gablercat
  • What am I doing today? Not much to be honest, just about to have a cup of tea and a sandwich and I'm pretty sure that will be the highlight of my day🙄
    FlakeNoirdoyoulove19GNTLGNTspideymanHedda GablerOut of OrderSundropcat