Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

The Illustrated Stephen King Trivia Book

I see that it is now available for preorder at Amazon.

Comments

• WooHoo - time is a ticking! ;D
  • Can't wait for my copy :)
  • :) This is exciting! Funnily enough, I can't link to that Bev, probably part of our gateway problems they will be working on tomorrow morning. Apparently all of our problems will be fixed between 8:00 - 8:05. :) We'll see. I can get to Amazon.com however.

Lin
  • Actually, there WAS a glitch in the link above. I've fixed it now.
  • Chadbourne Guest of Honor at Horror Writers’ Convention

Newcastle artist Glenn Chadbourne was the artist guest of honor at the annual east coast horror writers convention, at Salve Regina College in Newport, R.H. In attendance were top writers, agents and editors from several New York publishing houses as well as assorted film and television people.

Chadbourne was honored for his work in recent years for many of the most prolific horror writers.

The convention ran from July 15 through the 18 and featured an artist reception where Chadbourne greeted fans and signed work alongside the authors where his art appeared in many limited edition collectables.

Books soon to be released featuring Chadbourne’s art include The Ultimate Illustrated Stephen King Trivia Book, where over 50 pen and ink drawings appear, as well as the collectable Road to the Dark Tower, where the artist designed 12 bookmarks that accompany the special gift edition.

• Can't wait for my contributor's copy of the book.
  • According to the current CD Weekly:

THE ILLUSTRATED STEPHEN KING TRIVIA BOOK is in the final proofing stage. All the interior and cover artwork is finished, and we expect this title to be sent to press in about a week. See the Breaking News page for more information!
  • Will be a nice early Christmas present this :)
  • Bev_Vincent wrote: According to the current CD Weekly:

THE ILLUSTRATED STEPHEN KING TRIVIA BOOK is in the final proofing stage. All the interior and cover artwork is finished, and we expect this title to be sent to press in about a week. See the Breaking News page for more information!

I am really excited to see this book with my name in it! :) In very small print I'm sure, but I'm still really excited! ;)

Lin
  • I don't even remember what questions I submitted. I didn't keep a copy of them. :(
  • I remember two of mine, but not what the third was :-/
  • Rache4173 wrote: I don't even remember what questions I submitted.  I didn't keep a copy of them.   :(

I submitted 10, I remember one clearly because it was "different" - I think Steve submitted 15, I wonder if he kept his list. I remember thinking when I got done with my 10 that Steve had the patience of a saint to do 15! :)
  • I got the page proofs of the Trivia book last night and, boy, this is a beautiful book. Glenn's illustrations are amazing, and there are a ton of them. The design is very attractive, too. Beauty!
  • That is exciting - I am really anxious to see this book also! :)

Thanks for the update Bev.

Lin
  • From Brian Freeman at CD Pub:

SPECIAL DISCOUNT OFFER FOR THE ILLUSTRATED STEPHEN KING TRIVIA BOOK:

Someone mentioned wanting to buy multiple copies of this book as gifts.  If  anyone else wants to do that, I have a special discount offer for you to use!

Just order the book directly from Cemetery Dance (go to http://www.cemeterydance.com where you'll see a text link near the bottom of the first page for the book), and mention this special offer in the COMMENTS section when you checkout of the online store:

Special Discount For THE ILLUSTRATED STEPHEN KING TRIVIA BOOK:              
    • Save 15% off 3 or 4 copies of the trade paperback OR
    • Save 20% off 5 or more copies of the trade paperback!

AND                                                                          
    • Save 10% off 3 or 4 copies of the hardcover OR
    • Save 20 % off 5 or more copies of the hardcover!

Please note that this offer can't be combined with any other deals or  discounts.
  • Here is the trade paperback cover:

and the hardcover cover

• Can I preen selfishly for just one second - but I've never had my name in a book before and it's going to be in THIS book. Wow. :) It's beautiful!

Lin :)
  • Why stop at one second Linny!

I can't wait for this to come out as well. My name too! I submitted something like 40 or 50 questions!

;D ;D ;D ;D
  • Me too me too! Well... not 40 or 50.. but 10. And my name will be there too!

;D :D :)
  • Rache4173 wrote: Me too me too!  Well... not 40 or 50.. but 10.  And my name will be there too!

;D :D :)

I submitted 10 also Rache, I had no idea that it would be enough at that time. :) Steve submitted 15, his name is in there also. *ps - did you see Bob bragging up there about 40-50?* ;) Men, always embellishing. :D
  • Dukky will preen too, cause I haven't had my name in a book before either :)

I think I only sent in 4 questions...hehe ;)

I remember two of them, but not sure what the other two might have been.
  • From Brian Freeman:

THE ILLUSTRATED STEPHEN KING TRIVIA BOOK, which I co-wrote with King expert Bev Vincent (and which nearly 100 of you contributed questions to!) is on track for a February release. Glenn Chadbourne's 50+ illustrations really make this book something special. I can't wait until you all can see them!

For more information or to place your order, check out these links:

The Cemetery Dance Website:

http://cdnews.c.topica.com/maab2xsaa48JCa8GYj9b/

The Shocklines Website:

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/shocklines/ilstkitrbobb1.html

The StephenKingTrivia.com Website:

http://www.stephenkingtrivia.com
  • Yay! :) It's funny because I can only remember a couple of my questions - then all the sample questions start looking like mine! :) Well, at least the last one. :P

Lin
  • I got my ARCs tonight -- the book looks great!
  • You lucky dogs! The cover art is great!