Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

The Illustrated Stephen King Trivia Book

Comments

• Thanks, for the info, Bev!

I'm eagerly anticipating this book and will let you all know when it arrives :)
  • The other day I got my copy from Shocklines.com and was surprised to find that it was remarqued by Chadbourne (a Chattery Death drawing) as I thought he was only doing that for those pre-ordered through Cemetery Dance.
  • Hey Brian, did you see that I'm still interested in having the book signed by Bev and yourself? I know he's okay with it, are you? :) We'll have two copies at our house, so I'm fine with letting one be mailed around for sigs. I'd really appreciate it.

Lin :)
  • YAY!!!! I got my copy of the Illustrated Stephen King Trivia Book today, it is gorgeous and it is so surreal to see my name literally in a book, with those of some of my good friends (and loved ones :)). I'm so excited. :) I imagine Steve's can't be far behind. My Steve, not Stephen King. :P

Bev and Brian, check your private messages please.

Thanks!

• I just noticed this on Shocklines from a week or so ago:

In-Stock Bestsellers this week:

1) Punktown: Special Edition by Jeffrey Thomas

2) The Illustrated Stephen King Trivia Book edited by Brian Freeman and Bev Vincent and Illustrated by Glenn Chadbourne
  • Steve got his copy today in the mail (so Brian, you won't hear from me the first week in May! :D ~ thanks!)

• Yup - got it!

Thanks Bev - for comming to the SKBB and getting us involved.

:)

I had to laugh at the thought of Mike Noonan wearing a baseball hat that had GAY PRIDE written on it (not that there's anything wrong with that) - you guys changed one of my wrong answers! - for the better.
  • Sometimes I did tinker with the misleading answers to jazz things up a little! Mostly to hide the right answer better if I thought it might be obvious.
  • My review of the Trivia Book is posted now at www.HorrorWorld.org in the new reviews section.
  • Yay! :D

Got my contributor's copy. Thanks Bev. Thanks Brian. Thanks Glenn. Thanks to all the folks at CD. Thanks everybody :)
  • sunny99 wrote: Yay!  :D

Got my contributor's copy. Thanks Bev. Thanks Brian. Thanks Glenn. Thanks to all the folks at CD. Thanks everybody  :)

Yay, Sunny!! :)

Great book isn't it :)
  • DTUK wrote:

Yay, Sunny!! :)

Great book isn't it :)

I couldn't agree more, Dukky :)
  • Here's a direct link to Lilja's review.
  • I was just wondering if anyone knew when the Lettered edition would be published? Sorry if I missed it somewhere.

thanks
  • Jim: I haven't heard. Shoot an e-mail to
    info@cemeterydance.com
    for an update.
  • I finally got an answer out of CD, after a couple of emails. They said it "will be out in June..sorry for the delay." But that was the limited, not lettered, and that was from an email in April, so I am sure it will be pushed back even more. I am very disappointed that CD doesn't at least send something out stating this, or give updates on their site, or something...
  • Thanks for the info!

I try to keep my Mindy emails to no more than 20 a week so maybe I can squeeze it in next Tuesday :)

BTW My experiences with Cemetery Dance and small press in general have as a whole been great! I'm no expert but delays with small press are usually quality issues (unlike some of the big house publishers who sometimes sell limited editions and delay release to try and raise the price or let people preorder 10000 copies of a book that only has a run of 125) and CD is all about a quality product! So I for one don't mind waiting a little longer. Just my opinion! I have to go and clean my soapbox now!

thanks again for your help!

Jim

• re: lettered edition

The holdup at present appears to be the traycases. It may be a while yet before those arrive -- sometime toward mid-to-late summer.
  • Jim Davis wrote: Thanks for the info!

BTW My experiences with Cemetery Dance and small press in general have as a whole been great! I'm no expert but delays with small press are usually quality issues (unlike some of the big house publishers who sometimes sell limited editions and delay release to try and raise the price or let people preorder 10000 copies of a book that only has a run of 125) and CD is all about a quality product! So I for one don't mind waiting a little longer. Just my opinion! I have to go and clean my soapbox now!

I don't mind waiting for the book either, especially if they are quality issues, I just with CD would actually notify people of delays, instead of everyone emailing and wondering what has happened...
  • Not a review, but at least a mention in the May 30, 2005 issue of Publishers Weekly, Page 45:

The Illustrated Stephen King Trivia Book, edited by Brian Freeman and Bev Vincent, offers something previous King trivia books don't--line drawings by Maine artist Glenn Chadbourne that themselves pose questions. Michelle L. Revelle, the founder of SKEMERs (Stephen King E-MaiLERs), provides an afterword. (Cemetery Dance ]www.cemeterydance.com] $40 404p hardcover ISBN 1-58767-116-6; $20 paperback ISBN 1-58767-108-5)
  • Our very own Bill Gauthier reviews the trivia book in this weeks Hellnotes newsletter.
  • Tyson Blue covers the Trivia Book in his current column at Lilja's Library
  • The Illustrated Stephen King Trivia Book

Edited by Brian Freeman and Bev Vincent; illustrated by Glenn Chadbourne

Cemetery Dance, 2004

ISBN: 1587671085

Obviously for fans of the renowned author, this collection asks trivia questions involving King or his works, offers hints and ultimately the answers. His works are further broken down into separate chapters re the novels, novellas and short stories. Other chapters include his books written as Richard Bachman and the Dark Tower series. Finally, his movies, non-fiction endeavors and miscellaneous musings fill up three more segments of the lighthearted entertaining book. Fans of Mr. King will fully enjoy this seemingly complete trivia homage that digs as deep anything you can find; for instance asking which Red Sox player had his name misspelled in The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon?. The illustrations add eerie depth as well as posing additional trivia questions associated with them. Clearly aimed at Kingophiles like the SKEMERS (Stephen King E-MailERs), whose founder Michelle L. Revelle, provides an afterward, casual fans of the author will also enjoy this fun book. Of course adding to the pleasure, this reviewer trounced her spouse.

Harriet Klausner
  • I hear that the lettered edition is now shipping.
  • We're back! Tons more difficult questions. Tons more puzzling clues. Heaps of new and cool Glenn Chadbourne illustrations!

The Illustrated Stephen King Trivia Book: Revised & Updated Second Edition!

by Brian James Freeman & Bev Vincent

illustrated by Glenn Chadbourne

Featuring a new introduction by Kevin Quigley

About the Book:

This revised and updated second edition of The Illustrated Stephen King Trivia Book features all of the original questions from the first edition, along with more than one hundred new questions about Stephen King's most recent releases! Also included are ten brand new illustration-based questions from Cemetery Dance favorite artist Glenn Chadbourne, along with the 60 illustration-based questions from the original edition. This new edition concludes with a brand new afterword by Kevin Quigley, founder of Charnel House, one of the oldest Stephen King fan sites on the web.

The Illustrated Stephen King Trivia Book by Brian James Freeman and Bev Vincent includes material right up through The Wind Through the Keyhole and no Stephen King collection will be complete without it!