Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

The Illustrated Stephen King Trivia Book

Comments

• I see that copies with the Chadbourn re-marques are starting to appear - although I have yet to see mine! :-X
  • Here are some pictures of Glenn remarquing the books and some sample illustrations.
  • Those are wicked! :) You have to love the Freeman, Vincent, Chadbourne one. 8)

Lin
  • You have to love the Freeman, Vincent, Chadbourne one

That's the one CD sent to me, but it also went out to other people.
  • Bev, can you indulge me for a second and explain what goes on in the remarquing process? I honestly don't know what it is. :)

Lin
  • All it means is that an illustrator draws directly onto the book. Sort of like signing. The other illustrations in the book were mass produced and bound in, but these ones are penned straight onto the finished page, and thus is unique to that book. Even if he uses the same concept for several copies of the book, each one will be a little different.
  • Bev_Vincent wrote: All it means is that an illustrator draws directly onto the book. Sort of like signing. The other illustrations in the book were mass produced and bound in, but these ones are penned straight onto the finished page, and thus is unique to that book. Even if he uses the same concept for several copies of the book, each one will be a little different.

Thanks Bev. :) I figured it was probably something like that, but wanted to be sure. That would be an awesome thing to have!

Lin
  • Lin242 wrote: Those are wicked! :) You have to love the Freeman, Vincent, Chadbourne one.  8)

I believe Glenn made three or four total with different takes on the tombstone design. Bev and I each got one, and I think the other one or two went out to customers.

Brian
  • The Glen Chadbourne remarque's are fantastic additions to the books!

I too liked the triumvirate headstones :)
  • Well wheneverI get my copy I'll let you guys know what design I got!!!!!!
  • Whooo....hoooo. Got mine last night. The book is great...Looks great and I really like the way you & Brian organized it! Of course, the fact that my name is in the back makes it that much better!! :D

CR - my remarque is similar to yours although no "hair" and looks like an evil pumpkin head.

WORTH THE WAIT!!
  • :( :'( Don't have mine yet....
  • Perhaps it will be there when you get home today Rache!

I got my fingers and toes crossed for ya!

• That is awesome Bob! :)

I didn't order a special one like that, but I am really excited to get the book!

Lin
  • Love the pic, Bob !! :)

Can't wait to get hold of mine soon either.
  • Lin242 wrote: awesome Bob! :)

Sounds nice, doesn't it! ;D
  • Actually what story does yours represent Bob. I saw all the drawings over on the CD site and they each represent a story from SK's canon. All I can think of for yours is The Mist
  • Sunny,

Your guess would be as good as mine! I have no idea whatsoever! But I do like the drawing.

At first I didn't, but that's becasue I saw some others like the tombstones and It and whatnot, but the more I look at it the more I like it. Besides, it's mine, all mine!
  • Bob, your pic looks kinda familiar to a paperback version (New English Library) I have of "The Stand" - it shows a face of the Dark Man.

That might also expalin the thing between it's eyes that looks like an eye?
  • on 10. Mar 2005 at 18:04, Lin242 wrote:awesome Bob!

Sounds nice, doesn't it!

That's exactly how I meant it Bob! Seriously. ;)
  • I got a shit weasel!! ;D ;D

My book arrived on Friday - but I was out of the office so I didn't get it until today.  The drawing was definitely a shit weasel.  It's great!  :)

Edited to say: LMAO! The censor got me... and it's too damn funny to change it to sh*t weasel. :)
  • Rache4173 wrote: I got a shit weasel!! ;D ;D

My book arrived on Friday - but I was out of the office so I didn't get it until today.  The drawing was definitely a shit weasel.  It's great!  :)

Edited to say:  LMAO!  The censor got me... and it's too damn funny to change it to sh*t weasel.  :)

Ahhh... the dreaded "doo-doo" weasel, strikes fear into the bravest of men. :D Congrats Rache dahling!

Lin :)
  • lol @ "doo-doo" weasel...

that cracks me up! :D
  • Brian Freeman posted in SKEMERs today that the last of the contributor copies of the Trivia Book are going into the mail this week. Since they are going via media mail, they may take up to three weeks to arrive. If you don't get your copy by April 21st, e-mail Brian.