Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

The Illustrated Stephen King Trivia Book

Comments

• From the current CD Weekly:

The Illustrated Stephen King Trivia Book edited by Brian Freeman & Bev Vincent and featuring illustrations by Glenn Chadbourne is at the printer now and we expect it to arrive sometime next week! This is your last chance to place a preorder and receive FREE SHIPPING to the US!

The Illustrated Stephen King Trivia Book will feature over 1,000 questions to test your knowledge of the King of Horror, along with dozens of special illustration-based questions from Cemetery Dance favorite artist Glenn Chadbourne! This is an amazing publication you won't want to miss!

Edited by Brian Freeman (founder of StephenKingNews.com) and Bev Vincent (author of The Road To The Dark Tower and the "News from the Dead Zone" column in Cemetery Dance magazine), The Illustrated Stephen King Trivia Book will also feature a special afterword by Michelle L. Revelle (Founder/Co-President of SKEMERs, the largest Stephen King fan group on the web).

The Illustrated Stephen King Trivia Book will be published next week and no Stephen King collection will be complete without it!
  • OH MY GOD!!!!!! I have been a stephen king fan for years... I started reading his books when I was eight years old.... Does anybody know when the hard release date of this book is??? Borders says today 1/31/05... I went to buy it today and NOBODY has it. It is really on back order in a bad way... I submitted a question and CAN NOT wait to get a copy in my hands to see........ I am sooooooo excited. I was also notified that I will be getting a free copy, does anybody know when I will get this in the mail?????? I can't wait!!! Please let me know if anybody knows the answers to my questions.... Thanks Vicky
  • My understanding is that CD will have copies ready to start sending out within a week or so.
  • That's exciting Bev! :)

Lin
  • Can't wait for this and RTTDT - gonna be a great Spring this year :)
  • Thank you for the reply... I really cannot wait.... it has been so long, I have been driving my family nuts!!!! Is there a hard street date for the book??? It is still so surreal to me that my name will be listed... THANKS to all who made it possible....... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Thanks again Vicky
  • No hard street date for most small press books. As soon as they're delivered from the printers, CD will ship them.
  • UPS deliverd an ARC the other day of the SK Trivia book...it looks GREAT! I can't wait to dig through it some more and write that review.
  • Creature Corner gets the blue ribbon for the first review.
  • That's a very favourable review Bev. I can't wait to finally see it.

Lin :)
  • Likes the review :)
  • I got my contributor copies of this new book tonight, and I have to say that CD has produced a beautiful volume. Both the hardcover and the trade paperback editions are a joy to behold. This is my first billing as "editor," though I wrote a fair number of the questions, too. The real authors, though, are the contributors, some 100 strong, who heard our call for submissions and responded in force. I hope they will be as pleased with the results as I am.
  • The CD email said it was being dispatched this week...

Can't wait to see my name in the book and look at all the questions :)

I wonder how long it will take to arrive from America.
  • arg!!!!

For those of us who asked for the Chadbourne re-marqueue it will be a few weeks longer! :o
  • From the CD website:

The hardcover and trade paperback editions of The Illustrated Stephen King Trivia Book arrived at our warehouse this week, and the book is beautiful. If you haven't picked up a copy of each edition for your collection, you'll want to place an order soon. Demand for this book has been overwhelming, and we don't expect the first editions to last very long! In fact, we're already talking to our printer about doing a second printing so grab these while you can!
  • WHERE CAN YOU FIND ONE????? :-X
  • Click on the link on the main page at www.cemeterydance.com
  • Brian posted this to SKEMERs:

Anyone who ordered directly from Cemetery Dance should see their copies any day now -- those have all been shipped. The contributor copies are being shipped right now and should all go out by Tuesday. (I couldn't get the lists cross referenced in time so some people will receive two shipments.) Matt at Shocklines should have his copies by now, or any day now, and he's very quick at shipping so it won't be a long wait if you ordered from him.

Please note, though, that if you wanted Glenn Chadbourne to remarque your hardcover, he won't be able to do that until the end of the month so those copies won't ship for a while.

Also, one final note: there was huge surge of orders when we announced the book was in-stock so these first printings are going fast. In fact, we're already calculating how large of a second printing to do!
  • Another SKEMERs post pertaining to the Trivia book:

As some of you know, I'm a volunteer chat host on AOL and co-host a weekly Trivia game.  Well this week it was my turn to write the questions and, having just received my Illustrated Stephen King Trivia Book, all the questions (65 of them) came from the book.  Credit is given to the book, Cemetary Dance, Brian Freeman, Bev Vincent, and SKEMERS for the questions, both in the reminder newsletter that is sent out and at the beginning of the actual game. 

The game will be held this Tuesday, 2/22 at 7:00 PM ET, that would make it 6:00 PM CT, 5:00 PM MT, and 4:00 PM PT.  It will be held in the Women's Living Chatroom on AOL.  The URL is aol://2719:3-4812-Women%20Living or just do a "locate" on my name and I'll get you there.  My IM's are always open. The game lasts 1 hour.  Sorry but this is for AOL folks only, if you use AIM you can not get to the room.  If you'd like to play but are not on AOL, pick up one of those free discs, install AOL for the game and come on in!  Most of our regulars don't know much about Mr. King, so I made them multiple choice, with only two choices <G>  Any of you who can make it, who knows, you might just win, LOL no actual prizes given out but if you come in First, Second, or Third, you do get bragging rights!

HOST WMN Rebel    

Volunteer Chat Host
  • Bev_Vincent wrote: Brian posted this to SKEMERs:

Thanks for the recent info curtesy of you and Brian, Bev.

Nice to see the book dispatching this week - can't wait to see it :)
  • From CD Weekly:

acclaimed artist Glenn Chadbourne made a surprise visit to our office this week to remarque the hardcovers of THE ILLUSTRATED STEPHEN KING TRIVIA BOOK. They'll be ready to ship by early next week, and we'll have a full report about his visit (with some pictures and sample drawings) on our website in a few weeks!
  • WooHoo!!!!!!!
  • Good to see Bob and others will get their copies earlier than expected too :)
  • Has anyone received their copy yet from CD? All of us on this site must have been the first to order it. I think mine was 3/30/04. I guess I'll check with Brian.
  • Brautigan: I have a contributor's copy that I think was dispatched 2 weeks ago - it might be arriving anytime now in the UK for me. Otherwise I don't have an exact delivery date.