Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Tupilaq

My story "Tupilaq" was one of five winners of the Cemetery Gates Society's first monthly flash-fiction contest (defined as 500-1500 words). The contest's theme was Arctic/Antarctic. You can read Tupilaq here, and check out the other stories and content here.
GNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoir

Comments

• My story "Tupilaq" was one of five winners of the Cemetery Gates Society's first monthly flash-fiction contest (defined as 500-1500 words). The contest's theme was Arctic/Antarctic. You can read Tupilaq here, and check out the other stories and content here.
    Right away I'm feeling like....

Mariel’s magic is going to be stronger than Earl's. I feel that Karma and the Tupilaq are going to open up a can of whup-ass on that boy. Maybe. 

GNTLGNTBevVincentNotaro
  • ....grim little tale....grim in a good way....
    FlakeNoirBevVincentNotaro
  • Oh! I thought that was going to be longer.  That was great, nice job Bev. 

Take that Earl, you dick. Just because someone breaks up with you doesn't mean they're nasty. Maybe you were the jerk. You should've looked in the mirror during that 6 months after receiving your letter,  hmm? 

😳😁

BevVincentKurbenGNTLGNTNotaro
  • The word range was limited to 500-1500 and I came in at 1425. The original version of this story, which I wrote 8 years ago, was closer to 4000 words, so a lot of stuff got trimmed, including an opening scene in the desert.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaro
  • The word range was limited to 500-1500 and I came in at 1425. The original version of this story, which I wrote 8 years ago, was closer to 4000 words, so a lot of stuff got trimmed, including an opening scene in the desert.
    ....I wondered about that, because the flow was a bit choppy.....
    Notaro
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Oh! I thought that was going to be longer.  That was great, nice job Bev. 

Take that Earl, you dick. Just because someone breaks up with you doesn't mean they're nasty. Maybe you were the jerk. You should've looked in the mirror during that 6 months after receiving your letter,  hmm? 

😳😁

....you make this so easy Flakers......TWSS!!!!!!!!!!.............
    KurbenFlakeNoirNotaro
  • Those were pretty good stories.   

I encourage any  of you who write to submit. They are looking for new voices and each month is a different topic.  

How exciting!
    FlakeNoirNotaroBevVincentGNTLGNTNeesyLou_Sytsma
  • edited February 2021
    Submit your flash fiction soon!  I want to see one of you in that list of winners .

February theme is “February Stars”.

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • I'm not submitting this month -- I think they're hoping to have new winners each month.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerKurbenNotaro
  • edited February 2021
    Time is running out to submit your February story, folks.  

I can't wait to see your name in the winner's circle!  Maybe they will drape roses over your neck, wouldn't that be all sorts of awesome.
    NotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • https://cemeterygatesmedia.com/cemetery-gates-society/

Check out February winners.

March theme:  Haunted Church Confessional.

Come on kids, give it a try!
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNT
  • https://cemeterygatesmedia.com/cemetery-gates-society/

I had a look at this yesterday, disappointed I missed the February one as that theme appealed more.
    Time is a bit of an issue, actually probably it's motivation. 🙄
    NotaroKurbenHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • FlakeNoir said:
    https://cemeterygatesmedia.com/cemetery-gates-society/

I had a look at this yesterday, disappointed I missed the February one as that theme appealed more.
    You would do a great job. You have the talent.  I personally know many of you are good writers, i know this for a fact. I believe in you— believe in yourself and give it a go. I would be tickled to see your name in that list of winners. 
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNT
  • FlakeNoir said:

You would do a great job. You have the talent.  I personally know many of you are good writers, i know this for a fact. I believe in you— believe in yourself and give it a go. I would be tickled to see your name in that list of winners. 
    Besides being unmotivated, I'm also a bit chickensh*t.  
    NotaroGNTLGNT
  • FlakeNoir said:
    FlakeNoir said:

Besides being unmotivated, I'm also a bit chickensh*t.  
    I have faith in you. I am holding your hand, not the one that writes. In a non lebanese way, of course.
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • edited February 2021
    This month’s winners are quite good. Nice job Mark, Michael and Laura. 

Which one is your favorite? (your as in anyone and everyone who cares to answer.)
    NotaroFlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNT
  • This month’s winners are quite good. Nice job Mark, Michael and Laura. 

Which one is your favorite? (your as in anyone and everyone who cares to answer.)
    I haven't read the Feb winners yet but will let you know when I have. 
    NotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • ...."non lebanese".....

Shaking Head GIFs  Tenor
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaroNeesy
  • Get your march stories in kids. 
    NotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Get your march stories in kids. 
    Crap, I still haven't read the Feb winners.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaro
  • edited March 2021
    I'm really looking forward to what the winners do with this theme. Haunted Church Confessional.

I have an idea, but I'm not a writer. I don't know how to put all the pieces of my thoughts together to make it a story.  But it went with the theme and made me snicker.

You can do this writers!  I believe in you.  Try.  

FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNT
  • Better late than never. Congrats Bev!
    FlakeNoirNotaroBevVincentHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • edited March 2021
    March stories up.

april theme: The Burial of the Dead. 
    NotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoirKurben