Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Tupilaq

1235»

Comments

• Up to you, no pressure. 🙂

Let us know when you have news, if it's the one I think it is, I'm very interested in hearing results. 
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTKurbenNotaro
  • Finally they put up their winners. Pretty good stories. Mine was just as good, but different.  Cemetery gates likes monsters and supernatural things. I will try to give them these tropes next time. 
    KurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Okay guys, deadline closed and hope to see your name in the winners circle . 

FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • edited August 2021
    Interesting. Only one winning story this month.  

I had nuthin’ for that theme, was hoping for a good theme this month but that’s a no for me. 

They also have a guest judge. I went and looked at her work. I fear anything i would write would not resonate with her dark soul . 😂. I would be too Dick And Jane Save Spot for her. She would appreciate more

Dick and Jane Gutted Spot Over the Roasting Pit Of Hellfire and Headless Barbie Dolls. 

You know. That old chestnut.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • Interesting. Only one winning story this month.  

I had nuthin’ for that theme, was hoping for a good theme this month but that’s a no for me. 

They also have a guest judge. I went and looked at her work. I fear anything i would write would not resonate with her dark soul . 😂. I would be too Dick And Jane Save Spot for her. She would appreciate more

Dick and Jane Gutted Spot Over the Roasting Pit Of Hellfire and Headless Barbie Dolls. 

You know. That old chestnut.
    ...meh....THAT old trope?.....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaro
  • The winner — I liked this story.  They did a good job. 
    GNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoirNotaro
  • edited August 2021
    Theme this month: Cathedral in Flames— stories inspired by Coil. 

Don’t know Coil, anyone familiar with their music?
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • Alrighty , i went and gave a very brief listen to Coil. It’s like Performance Art for your ears. Interesting, challenging. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • Alrighty , i went and gave a very brief listen to Coil. It’s like Performance Art for your ears. Interesting, challenging. 
    ...one of the due used to be in a band called "Throbbing Gristle".....quite charming I'm sure....
    Notaro
  • Oh heck yeah, throbbing gristle — i think Yo-yo Ma was in that band before heading solo. 
    GNTLGNTNotaro
  • Oh heck yeah, throbbing gristle — i think Yo-yo Ma was in that band before heading solo. 
    ....no, no, you're getting that confused with Engorged Spleen.....
    Notaro
  • 🤦🏼‍♀️

Oh that’s right….
    GNTLGNTNotaro
  • 4 days to get your entry in. 

I am hoping for a really great theme for october. 
    GazmanNotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • edited September 2021
    October theme:   Halloween party. 

Hmm, i’ll have a think on this  one. 

Think think…think think.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • October theme:   Halloween party. 

Hmm, i’ll have a think on this  one. 

Think think…think think.
    Think Think Think GIFs  Tenor
    KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • edited September 2021
    winners are up for september and I gotta say, they are artsy/angsty pieces. I was pretty sure Oedipus was going to stab his eyes out somewhere in each story, but he was apparently too busy stumbling around to find his way into these tortured tales.  

I would guess all the winners have a poetry background or passion. The second story is obviously a poem format, but even the other two have a sort of musical cadence to them that reminded me of poetry. 

The writers were obviously smart and talented. And I like the challenge of the road less travelled when creating, but i hope next month is just some good old stories. 

Joe picked some interesting winners.  Good job. 
    FlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNT
  • edited October 2021
    October winners up. Haven’t had a chance to read them yet.

looks like nov. dec. are combined theme. I forgot what it was. 

Creepypasta is the theme. What does that mean?  Tortellinistein? Spaghetti Knows What I Did Last Trip to the Grocery Store? The 13th Penne? 

I’m too tired to look it up at the moment. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirKurben
  • ...how about fettucine afraido??....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirKurben
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ...how about fettucine afraido??....
    😂🤣i bow to the master…😂🤣😂😂
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirKurben
  • edited December 2021
    12 winners were chosen this month.  They will go into a book.  Two are given to us as free reads.  The first one....Hags.... I like the creativity of how it was told. 

The second, very much a retelling of an old Tales from the Crypt, but she made it her own.  Nice job.

I don't think they are doing these monthly entires in 2022 so this was it. 

Congratulations to all the 2021 authors who sent a story in.  Whether you got picked or not, I applaud you. You tried.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurben