Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Billy Summers (August 3, 2021)

Comments

• edited August 2021

Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoircat
  • Note to self — do not let Naomi King play beauty school drop out with my hair. 

😂🥰
    BevVincentNotaroKurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoirdoyoulove19cat
  • Bev vincent! I need you to read this to me. 😂

The story is good, but it’s like a comfortable friend rocking me to sleep .  My eyes are getting so heavy. 
    BevVincentGNTLGNTFlakeNoirdoyoulove19Neesycat
  • Both interviews today — i think our interviewers are learning. They did better.  
    GNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoirdoyoulove19Neesycat
  • ...Steve has had some janky cuts over the years, but this one looks like Billy himself shot the barber in the middle of it....
    BevVincentNotaroFlakeNoirKurbenHedda GablerNeesycat

• ....GMA sucks BDD....(don't ask)....Steve was charming as usual...
    NotaroFlakeNoirKurbenHedda Gablercat
  • Both interviews today — i think our interviewers are learning. They did better.  
    ...Joy looks constipated as usual, and that was the most cock-eyed set of questions I've heard in a long time....so much for book promotion.....bah, I'm just a sour ass today...
    NotaroFlakeNoirKurbenHedda GablerNeesycat
  • The GMA bit was a little underwhelming. At least Steve got to talk at length with the gang from The View, even if he had to work hard to mention his book!
    GNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoirHedda GablerNeesycat

The Esquire interview is the best thing that came out today. 
    GNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoirKurbenHedda GablerNeesycat
  • The GMA bit was a little underwhelming. At least Steve got to talk at length with the gang from The View, even if he had to work hard to mention his book!
    ...yep, he had to elbow it in there....what I appreciate though is Steve has become so used to these book and pony shows, that very little seems to catch him off-guard....
    NotaroFlakeNoirKurbenHedda GablerNeesycat
  • edited August 2021
    The GMA bit was a little underwhelming. At least Steve got to talk at length with the gang from The View, even if he had to work hard to mention his book!
    Yes, i agree. But his Gma interviews over the years always have the same lead ins, and the same questions, make the same comments. I thought, while underwhelming as you point out,  it didn’t do that at least . 
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTcat

The Esquire interview is the best thing that came out today. 
    The Esquire interview was very good. 

Steve talked about the last job things and gave examples—  The Asphalt  Jungle and The Getaway.   You want them to succeed, you’re rooting for them on that last job. 

The one I would throw in there would be Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid.  Oh how i wanted them to get away with that last job. 

What “last job” book, movie, tv show would you throw in there? 
  • edited August 2021
    And yes, while The View set was a bit all over the place, i give them credit for trying to step out of that well worn loop of sameness that follows steve from place to place. 

I’d rather see that then questions i’ve heard over and over again for 30 years.  

(And yes, new young blood is coming to Steve for the first time and may not have heard the questions, heard the answers. But for us wheezy bastards, throw me that weird curveball question  any day. You just never know where Stephen will hit it.)
  • My favorite "last job" movie is UNFORGIVEN.
    FlakeNoirNotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNTcat
  • ....The Shootist.....
    FlakeNoirKurbenHedda Gablercat
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....The Shootist.....
    Interesting. We three all picked westerns. 
    GNTLGNTBevVincentKurbencat
  • Wait a minute. Steve’s brother died? He talks past tense about him. If i heard that, i forgot. 
    GNTLGNTKurbenNeesycat
  • Wait a minute. Steve’s brother died? He talks past tense about him. If i heard that, i forgot. 
    …I am clueless as well….if so, I’m very grieved at his loss….🗿
    FlakeNoircat
  • Why don't I remember this either? It definitely sounded that way, didn't it?
    I bloody hate getting old and forgetting things. 
    GNTLGNTcat
  • Yes, it appears he did.  

My sincere condolences to friends and family.  
    KurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoircat
  • Yes, it appears he did.  

My sincere condolences to friends and family.  
    Oh, that's very sad. My thoughts are with his family and friends, very sorry for you all.
    Hedda GablerKurbenGNTLGNTcat
  •  Didn’t get any billy read at all yesterday but today i’ll hit it hard.  Surely Kurben is done?

thoughts kurben, anyone else? 
    FlakeNoirNotaroKurbenGNTLGNTcat