Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Billy Summers (August 3, 2021)

12346»

Comments

• And, as to Hedda's point, 

He was going to use an app to sight the gun in. Which stuck out to me like a sore thumb too. No one who is serious about hitting what they are aiming at would ever trust an app. Especially on a gun that wasn't his, with optics he'd never used before. He definitely should have dialed it in by shooting it. 

Hedda GablerspideymanMarshaGNTLGNT
  • cat said:
    And, as to Hedda's point, 

He was going to use an app to sight the gun in. Which stuck out to me like a sore thumb too. No one who is serious about hitting what they are aiming at would ever trust an app. Especially on a gun that wasn't his, with optics he'd never used before. He definitely should have dialed it in by shooting it. 

Exactly. 
    catspideymanMarshaGNTLGNT
  • ....at least it's not a left-handed Glock....and yes Cat, I know he had the computer set-up, just meant that he lost himself in what he was writing and if somebody like Hoff could get a whiff of his intelligence, his monitoring of his monitors could have been better....

catMarshaHedda Gabler
  • ....I'm well over halfway through and despite the little nitpicky stuff, this is one of King's best....after all these years, he still amazes me with his gift of creating a fully fleshed out character with just a few "brushstrokes" from his pen....even the minor supporting cast could pull up a chair at your table and you would know who they were....
    Hedda GablerKurbencatNotaroFlakeNoirMarsha
  • ...and I can't unsee Hugh Jackman as Billy.....
    Hedda GablerKurbencatNotaroMarsha
  • .....finished it last night, and just now-ripped the plain brown wrapper off the spoilers...neat to see how all your thoughts jibed with mine.....

now, I think Steve needs to retire the "story within a story" and "wow, it's swell to be a writer"  devices...just my opinion....the tale itself WAS good despite my grumblings...loved the nods to previous stories.....THAT habit never grows old for me...plus, once again-a secondary character became my favorite, Bucky was da winnah!....yeah, Sam Elliott would be perfectly cast....my biggest praise has to go to how well Steve did his due diligence getting the "war story" writing correct....awesome job....on to the next!.....

Hedda GablerNotarocatMarshaKurben
  • edited October 2021
    I'm fine with the story within a story but it was the inner story that I wish King had done something different with. The war is hell storyline has been so many times - and better than what King did here. What I really wanted to find out about was the contracts Billy took on and how he changed over the course of them.

Still a heckuva entertaining read peopled with great characters as only Sai King can do.
    MarshaGNTLGNTKurbenHedda Gabler
  • ...still, despite the war redux, I was impressed by his ability to make it work since it's way outside his usual wheelhouse....
    KurbenFlakeNoirHedda GablerNotaroMarsha
  • I liked the story within the story better than the main story myself.
    NotaroKurbenMarshaGNTLGNT
  • I liked the story within the story better than the main story myself.
    ...it was like a tasty blueberry within an otherwise mundane muffin.....(though I still enjoyed the read).....
    KurbenMarshaHedda Gabler
  • This will be the latest project adapting an SK work by Bad Robot Productions.  Deadline says there will be 6 to 10 episodes, outlet not yet determined.

GNTLGNTMarsha