Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Billy Summers (August 3, 2021)

Comments

• I have my copy here now but won't be starting it just yet. I'll probably run past this thread with my eyes shut for the next wee while.
    Hedda GablerNotaroGNTLGNTcat
  • Yes, it appears he did.  

My sincere condolences to friends and family.  
    Where did you see this Hedeej?  I can't find it anywhere.  
    NotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda Gablercat
  •  Didn’t get any billy read at all yesterday but today i’ll hit it hard.  Surely Kurben is done?

thoughts kurben, anyone else? 
    Not at all. I'll take it slow with this one to get every nuance.
  • I’ve stopped Page 174 — the tension is delicious.  My nerves are twangy. 

NotaroGNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoirMarshacat

You're about to get to the point where things really get interesting!
    NotaroGNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoirMarshacat
  • edited August 2021
    I’ve stopped Page 174 — the tension is delicious.  My nerves are twangy. 

I’ve read 2 more pages — two — he’s taken the shot.  I’m stopped again. 

I must love anxiety, because i do this to myself !  I’m right there! Read it, read on!  But i stop. I breathe. I analyze. I guess.  How i love a good book!! I am an interactive reader. 

No spoilers here — 

i am very very curious where the rest of this book is going.   I thought the whole thing was about this shot— but obviously not.  Stephen’s good, but even he can’t drag out this shot for another 280 pages. 

NotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoirMarshacat

•  Didn’t get any billy read at all yesterday but today i’ll hit it hard.  Surely Kurben is done?

thoughts kurben, anyone else? 
    ....Kurben finished it before he got back from the mailbox.....
    KurbenFlakeNoirNotaroHedda GablerMarshacat
  • Black Awareness Ribbon With White Candle On White Background Mourning  Symbol Rip Funeral Card Black Ribbon Background Vector Stock Illustration -  Download Image Now - iStock....David......
    FlakeNoirNotarospideymanHedda Gablercat
  • Wait a minute. Steve’s brother died? He talks past tense about him. If i heard that, i forgot. 

Oh, no! I hadn't heard that either but just found his obituary. He died in June this year.  :/
    FlakeNoirspideymandoyoulove19KurbenGNTLGNTcat
  • Steve sent me an advance reader copy in May but I didn't want to say anything before the book came out and others had a chance to read it. I really liked this one even though

the ending made me cry.

FlakeNoirspideymanHedda GablerGNTLGNTcat
  • Marsha said:
    Wait a minute. Steve’s brother died? He talks past tense about him. If i heard that, i forgot. 

Oh, no! I hadn't heard that either but just found his obituary. He died in June this year.  :/
    I was looking for his obituary, but couldn't find one.
    NotarospideymanFlakeNoirdoyoulove19Hedda GablerMarshaGNTLGNTcat
  • Marsha said:
    Steve sent me an advance reader copy in May but I didn't want to say anything before the book came out and others had a chance to read it. I really liked this one even though

the ending made me cry.

I love the unexpected change in the book's direction at about 1/3 of the way through.

Like I said in my review, one of the great pleasures in reading Steve's books is watching unlikely people become friends.
    spideymanHedda GablerMarshaGNTLGNTcat
  • Marsha said:
    Wait a minute. Steve’s brother died? He talks past tense about him. If i heard that, i forgot. 

After Marsha gave us a date, I was able to find it.  It was more difficult than usual.  Here is the obit - https://www.edgerlyfh.com/obituary/david-king
    RIP David and sympathies to all the family.
    spideymanBevVincentHedda GablerMarshaGNTLGNTcat
  • Page 222

Also very interesting the story in the story.  I’m still not quite sure i trust this laptop. 

MarshaKurbenGNTLGNTspideymancat
  • Page 222

Also very interesting the story in the story.  I’m still not quite sure i trust this laptop. 

We're practically neck to neck, Dana. I stopped for the day at page 229
    Hedda GablerMarshaGNTLGNTspideymandoyoulove19cat
  • Marsha said:

After Marsha gave us a date, I was able to find it.  It was more difficult than usual.  Here is the obit - https://www.edgerlyfh.com/obituary/david-king
    RIP David and sympathies to all the family.
    ....I hope he has found peace...FTD is an insidious and untreatable condition......
    Hedda GablerKurbenNotaroMarshaspideymancat
  • Page 300.  
    I am almost enjoying the story  within  the story more than the main story. At this point.  I reserve the right to change my mind in 2 pages. 
    NotaroKurbenMarshaGNTLGNTspideymandoyoulove19cat
  • Still at zero, 😁 saving it to read with a friend. 
    NotarospideymanMarshaKurbenHedda Gablerdoyoulove19GNTLGNTcat
  • I'm going to be joining the KingCast gang later this week to talk about the book for their Patreon channel.
    FlakeNoirNotarospideymanMarshaKurbenHedda Gablerdoyoulove19GNTLGNTcat
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Still at zero, 😁 saving it to read with a friend. 
    He’ll have it soon!
    NotaroGNTLGNTMarshacat
  • Because it is Patreon who get content first, will they make it available later for the riff raff??
    NotaroGNTLGNTMarshacat
  • edited August 2021
    Now the self sabotage really begins with Billy — i’m terrible. 

We are entering final showdown territory. I don’t know what’s happened to me. Yes, i would get anxious as a younger reader and have to pause to catch my breath, but the pause would be minutes. Just minutes and i would be right back in the story. Now, i walk away for hours, sometimes days! 

You stupid old lady and your fried nerves, you bore me!   

doyoulove19GNTLGNTNotaroMarshacat
  • Because it is Patreon who get content first, will they make it available later for the riff raff??
    I'm not sure -- everyone runs their Patreons differently
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTNotaroMarshacat