Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

August '04

Comments

• Bev, that's good, right? I know you explained about the ranking on the scale, but I don't recall it -- is it out of 10,000 or something?

Lin (who will be watching the mail very closely in two months!) :)
  • Bev,

If this is forex you would have made a killing ;D
  • Lin242 wrote: Bev, that's good, right?  I know you explained about the ranking on the scale, but I don't recall it -- is it out of 10,000 or something?

It's out of the millions of products Amazon sells. The CD version, for example, typically has a ranking of just over 1,000,000. The ranking is mysterious and cabalistic, factoring in something nebulous known as "sales trajectory." I have no idea what conclusions to draw based on the number, except I like when it gets better and it means that at least one person, somewhere is buying my book!
  • The ranking is mysterious and cabalistic, factoring in something nebulous

Kinda of like Olympic judging...
  • I hear sales ranking's are done by flipping a coin and pulling names out of a hat ;D
  • That's how they got the Da Vinco Code to sit at the top for almost three quarter of the year?

I see ;D
  • Someone's stacked the coin, I think.

Stay tuned in the next few days for news of another signing...this one out of state...
  • As you may have noticed on the main page, I will be signing at Books Etc in Portland, Maine on Sunday, October 17 at 1:30 in the afternoon.

This is in conjunction with "PalaverCon," being organized by the folks at www.thedarktower.net. The kind folks at Donald M. Grant are making it possible for me to attend for a couple of days.
  • We noticed, Bev :)

How does it feel to have an exact signing date now, and I bet it's one more thing to have many sleepless nights over waiting for...:)
  • I now have four signings set up for October, from Maine to Arizona! I never thought I'd really be doing cross-country tours, but as it turns out, I am!

It feels exciting and exhilerating. That, coupled with my agent's enthusiasm for my novel, have had me coasting on an adrenaline high for quite a while now.
  • Yay! Congrats, Bev.

It's fitting that you're going to Maine. That should be fun.
  • I found my first mention of ROAD in Publishers Weekly. It's just a catalog listing, but at least they're aware of me. Maybe they'll review it!

NEW AMERICAN LIBRARY

Road to the Dark Tower: Exploring Stephen King's Magnum Opus (Oct., $14.95) by Bev Vincent examines the epic journey that King took to complete his story, with a book-by-book analysis.

• Wish I were going to Maine anytime soon! :)
  • 2 Big Thumbs up Bev! ;)
  • This is a surprise! The Amazon sales ranking for the CD limited edition is down to 94,635! For the longest time it was over 1,000,000.

In other number news--my cholesterol is 153. Woo-hoo!
  • In other number news--my cholesterol is 153. Woo-hoo!
    That reminds me of those commercials for Geico... "and in other news, I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance!"

(hopefully it isn't a Florida-only based commercial)   ;D

But in all seriousness, great number on the cholesterol Bev... that's to be proud of. ;)
  • Has no idea what mine is.... :-/
  • I was thinking of the Geico commercial, too...but I thought it might be Texas-centric!

What I really like about my cholesterol level is that I eat pretty much what I want, but I exercise regularly to counteract that, a theory that sounded good to me and now I know that it works in practice, too.
  • Chloresterol - dammed if you do, dammed if you dont!

My wife watches what she eats and subsequently has to take chloresterol reducing medication every day to keep her #'s in check.

I eat all the bad stuff that is supposed to make yer #'s skyrocket - red meat, cheese, eggs, fried foods, etc and I don't know what my #'s are but just had a physical and the Dr said I have no problems to worry about!

Neither of us gets much excersize - although I do have to walk farther when I get to work! ;D
  • How exciting Bev! The cross-country stuff AND the cholestrol numbers -- we have the Geico commercials also. :)

A friend of Steve's might be offered a permanent position in Texas, so if he takes it... maybe a visit won't be totally out of the question one day! :)

Lin
  • CRinVA wrote: Chloresterol - dammed if you do, dammed if you dont!

My wife watches what she eats and subsequently has to take chloresterol reducing medication every day to keep her #'s in check.

I eat all the bad stuff that is supposed to make yer #'s skyrocket - red meat, cheese, eggs, fried foods, etc and I don't know what my #'s are but just had a physical and the Dr said I have no problems to worry about!

Neither of us gets much excersize - although I do have to walk farther when I get to work!  ;D

I don't agree with these diets and health food fads and don't do this and don't do that cause it's bad for you. And all around me I see people unhappy doing alot of stuff supposedly good for them, and then you see people that have smoked all their lives and they live to over 90...really makes you question priorities in a person's happiness, and I think when it is our time to go, it is, and it's as simple as that.

I say just a few simple words...

Live for today and let tomorrow take care of itself. at the end of the day we don't know what tomorrow brings, so best to just enjoy today :)

Steps of soapbox...lol
  • I was thinking of the Geico commercial, too...but I thought it might be Texas-centric!

Nope seen them up here in Canada as well.

What I really like about my cholesterol level is that I eat pretty much what I want, but I exercise regularly to counteract that, a theory that sounded good to me and now I know that it works in practice, too.

I subscribe to that theory as well.  Now I just need to get back on the fitness bandwagon! :o

BTW what kind of exercise routine do you have going?
  • My Amazon sales ranking today: 1,667! Another new record.

My exercise regimen is fairly simple. 30 minues on the elliptical trainer three to four times a week and on one of those days I do an extra half hour on an upright bike.
  • Bev_Vincent wrote: My Amazon sales ranking today: 1,667! Another new record.

That reminded me - have orderd one extra copy of TRTTDT, Bev and The Illustrated Stephen King Trivia Book (so I can show all my friends), from Amazon and keep the special copies pristine :)

Good luck with the higher sales rankings :)