Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

August '04

Comments

• Congrats on the sales ranking Bev! :)

Dukky, I can't wait to get my books!

Lin
  • Even better: 1,258. Could I crack 1000?
  • Keeping our fingers crossed!
  • Wow, Bev!  That jumped pretty fast.  It was around 3000 just a few days ago.  Any idea how these #'s translate to actual books ordered?

Btw...Geico in PA & NJ too and what great forums here.  Not only do we get to chat directly with world famous author Bev Vincent but get into other key facets of his life like his cholesterol #'s, excercise regime, etc.   :D

Bev, you should start a "Learn something new from Bev today" thread and give us some additional wisdom about your chemistry days.  Simple stuff like "Never, ever, under any circumstances, mix bleach with ammonia."  I'm sure you know a lot that could help us all in our everyday lives.

This makes me think of the Holiday Inn Express commercials.  Do you have those in your neck of the woods?  Ya know the ones..."Well no, I'm not actually a nuclear physicist, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night." :D
  • How about telling us not to do this.
  • I will be interested to see how the sales numbers change once the book actually comes out.
  • Brautigan wrote: Wow, Bev!  That jumped pretty fast.  It was around 3000 just a few days ago.  Any idea how these #'s translate to actual books ordered?

Not a clue! That it is getting better means that people are buying, that's all I know!
  • newinside wrote: I will be interested to see how the sales numbers change once the book actually comes out.

Me, too!
  • Okay, I'll stop for today: 1,221! A palindromic sales ranking.
  • Okay, I lied. I had a couple of things to check up on before I grab my journal and head out to the pub for a couple of Guinness. My wife is working late tonight, so I decided to treat myself to some plotting time.

Couldn't resist checking my Amazon ranking and, low and behold:

Far freaking out!
  • I take it that 825 is very good Bev, but for those of us who don't have a clue about what it means....could you fill us in? Or maybe it's just me who doesn't understand (wouldn't surprise me) ;)

Anyway, it sounds like congratulations are in order....and Bev, I promise that I will be one of those people buying the book as soon as I can afford it. :D
  • In all honesty, I don't know exactly what it means, but it is better than 20,000 or 10,000 or 5000, or even 1000. It has something to do with the book's overall sales figured compared to everything else Amazon sells, but it also has something to do with the trend in sales.

It's a magical and mystical number that few people truly understand, but it's the only one I've got to latch onto at the moment, and I'm just happy to see it getting smaller. The bottom line for me is that it means people are buying the book...probably every day.
  • So...in this case "smaller" is better! ;D
  • Excellent news, Bev - I have even seen DVD sale hit the double figures or even the single figures. I think it has happened a few times with books also...so fingers crossed :)

See there are all these DT fans out there that word of mouth might be getting to about your book, hence the sales figures improving steadily...but 825 is an excellent figure to be at on pre-publication :)

Can't wait for my books, either, Lin :)
  • hmm i wonder if you will make it to 19? :D
  • It's here. Ron sent me the first "real" copies of The Road to the Dark Tower, and it is a beauty to behold. Everything came out wonderfully. What a rush!
  • It's here. Ron sent me the first "real" copies of The Road to the Dark Tower, and it is a beauty to behold. Everything came out wonderfully. What a rush!
    Wooo-Hoo! C O N G R A T U L A T I ON S!!!!!!!!!! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

The day has finally arrived - and one month to the date before DT7 becomes available! Very cool!
  • AWESOME - WHERE'S MY COPY?

Aw, Bev that is such great news and yes it is a fortuitous date Lou! :)

YAY!!

Lin :)
  • [b]YAY!!![/b]

This is sooo exciting, I can't wait! ;D
  • Lin242 wrote: AWESOME - WHERE'S MY COPY?

Aw, Bev that is such great news and yes it is a fortuitous date Lou! :)

YAY!!

Lin :)

Yep, where's our copies at ;)

Excellent news, Bev - but you need to be careful with all this good news flooding in, it's been known to send people into exhilaration overload, or simply put, people's heads have been known to explode under all the excitement. :o

The news just keeps getting better and better :)
  • DTUK wrote:

Excellent news, Bev - but you need to be careful with all this good news flooding in, it's been known to send people into exhilaration overload, or simply put, people's heads have been known to explode under all the excitement.  :o

I know exactly what you mean:

Click here (violent content)
  • Is that from the movie Scanners??
  • Yep -- it was posted to the old board once, too.
  • Bev_Vincent wrote: Yep -- it was posted to the old board once, too.

That's what happens alright! Very messy for those that have to clean-up too. :o
  • Ah yes poor Louis Del Grande lost his head in that movie along with Micheal Ironside.