Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

August '04

1235»

Comments

• My editor sent me a copy of the August 9 issue of Publishers Weekly, which includes ROAD in the fall forecast of books coming out. No review, but it's a start. Any mention is a good mention. Robin's Concordance Volume II is also mentioned on the same page.
  • Big news, folks. Check out my Dark Tower page and see if you can spot the change.

First person to report it back here gets 12.19 message board points.
  • Publication date moved up!! :o
  • Yep--five weeks from today! Amazon has already been updated with the new info, but B&N still has the old date. I'm not sure exactly why, Ron just sent me a quick e-mail to let me know the big news.

Just this morning I was thinking, "Six more weeks," and now I can console myself with "Five more weeks"!

12.19 message board points for Rache!
  • 12.19 message board points for Rache!

• Boy, that smilie is a freaky as the animated gif of the vibrating kid that shows up every now and then! :)
  • Awww, thanks! Anything I can do to freak people out, don't ya know. ;D
  • Bev_Vincent wrote: Yep--five weeks from today! Amazon has already been updated with the new info, but B&N still has the old date. I'm not sure exactly why, Ron just sent me a quick e-mail to let me know the big news.

Just this morning I was thinking, "Six more weeks," and now I can console myself with "Five more weeks"!

12.19 message board points for Rache!

Yaaaaaaaaaaay! :D - will note September 28 on my Calendar :)
  • A friend of mine over at the Shocklines bulletin board tells me that ROAD is the first title in the current Ingram catalogue. Ingram's is the major book distributor and these catalogs go out to bookstores everywhere to help them decide what to buy.

It's in the company of new books by Neil Stephenson and Stephen Donaldson and I'm told that this is a very good sign, that they are investing in the title and expect good sales.
  • It's in the company of new books by Neil Stephenson and Stephen Donaldson and I'm told that this is a very good sign, that they are investing in the title and expect good sales.

Awesome and very heady news for you Bev! Congrats!
  • Whoo Hoo, just caught up on this thread. Ive never pre-ordered books before, so Im one of those run out to the store and buy them on the day they come out people, so Ill be there Sept 28th to help your numbers:) Oh, and if you make that impromptu Ontario signing, then Ill just have to make a run for the border with Lin and IT to meetchya:) (although feel free to stop in Detroit anytime. Im acctually working on some new construction at the Detroit airport, and I have a security pass, so if you hit a layover in Detroit, then Im there dude!:))

Anyways, congrats on your sales so far Bev:)

Berry
  • I was telling Bev over on the Mile about how I was requesting books from my library over the internet, when I thought to type his name in and see what came up.

To my delight I saw that The Vancouver Island library has ordered 3 copies of The Road to the Dark Tower and I will be the first one who gets to read one when they arrive!!!

Isn't that cool! Just think...that's one smallish library in the world, just imagine how many others have ordered this book as well.

Once again Bev...many, many congratulations! When I get some extra money to buy the book I'd love to send it to you for you autograph!!! ;D
  • I still think that's very cool--three copies in one place. Woo-hoo. I hope every library across the continent follows suit!!
  • That is so cool! :) I have one coming to me, but I'm going to check the library next time I'm there. I'll let you know Bev.

Lin :)
  • The Columbus Public Library lists RttDT as being on order, but doesn't give the number of copies that will be there.

Also, for what it is worth, a search of the library catalog using keywords 'Road Dark Tower' yielded 3 results:

RttDT

Grateful Dead anthology / [as performed by Grateful Dead]

No way out by the Chocolate Watch Band.

edited b/c I couldn't get the link to work.
  • days to go!

I had an e-mail from LOCUS magazine overnight asking for a photograph for something they're planning to do in their October issue. I'm not sure what that's about but I'm looking forward to finding out!
  • Cannot wait! :)

This is going to be a great autumn, bookwise :)
  • Bev_Vincent wrote:

days to go!

I had an e-mail from LOCUS magazine overnight asking for a photograph for something they're planning to do in their October issue. I'm not sure what that's about but I'm looking forward to finding out!

I love the counter Bev! :) And the magazine "surprise" sounds intriguing also. I cannot believe this is all coming up so fast when we've been waiting so damn long.... :) Can you?