Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• Notaro said:
    Really enjoying the current season of Cardinal, top notch performances as usual. 
    I loved the first season of Cardinal, but it looks like season two is only on Amazon here and I don't get that. damn!
    GNTLGNT
  • Notaro said:
    Really enjoying the current season of Cardinal, top notch performances as usual. 
    I loved the first season of Cardinal, but it looks like season two is only on Amazon here and I don't get that. damn!
    Okay, in checking this out HULU has the first 3 seasons of Cardinal and I've seen all of those. So hopefully this means season 4 will be coming soon!
    GNTLGNTghost19
  • edited May 2020
    I love The Graham Norton Show. I record it every week it's on.  Because of covid, he's been doing remote interviews.

His guest this week was Master Mentalist, Lior Suchard who says he uses  3 mentalist techniques:  Mind reading, mind influencing and bullshit.

He did a "trick" for everyone at home. He asked us to go to the kitchen and get a knife, a fork and a spoon.  I am always game to play, so I did it.

He then asked us to arrange them in a row next to each other any way we chose.  And from there, he had us switch things up,  by item and by location.  He would say, switch the knife with whatever is on the right. If there is nothing on the right, leave it alone.  etc...

We just kept making these switches.  He had no idea where anyone's knife, fork or spoon were located.  But would pick an item and tell us to move switch with something on the left or right, or leave it alone if nothing was there.  

In the end, he had us take the object that was finally on the left and sit on it.  And then he revealed what we had where.  He got mine and Graham's spot on. Which by the way, I had no idea how Graham's arrangement was as he hid his from camera view.

But the guy nailed it.  How in the hell did he do that?  Obviously the human brain is very suggestable and predictable to some extent.  It was really amazing actually.

If you can find a clip, watch it and do what he says.  See if he gets you too, or you can be all superior that he didn't.
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • I love The Graham Norton Show. I record it every week it's on.  Because of covid, he's being doing remote interviews.

His guest this week was Master Mentalist, Lior Suchard who says he uses  3 mentalist techniques:  Mind reading, mind influencing and bullshit.

He did a "trick" for everyone at home. He asked us to go to the kitchen and get a knife, a fork and a spoon.  I am always game to play, so I did it.

He then asked us to arrange them in a row next to each other any way we chose.  And from there, he had us switch things up,  by item and by location.  He would say, switch the knife with whatever is on the right. If there is nothing on the right, leave it alone.  etc...

We just kept making these switches.  He had no idea where anyone's knife, fork or spoon were located.  But would pick an item and tell us to move switch with something on the left or right, or leave it alone if nothing was there.  

In the end, he had us take the object that was finally on the left and sit on it.  And then he revealed what we had where.  He got mine and Graham's spot on. Which by the way, I had no idea how Graham's arrangement was as he hid his from camera view.

But the guy nailed it.  How in the hell did he do that?  Obviously the human brain is very suggestable and predictable to some extent.  It was really amazing actually.

If you can find a clip, watch it and do what he says.  See if he gets you too, or you can be all superior that he didn't.
    I love this show, I'll see if I can find the episode later and give it a whirl. 
    GNTLGNT
  • We've been big fans of the show ever since we stumbled upon it after a David Tennant episode of Doctor Who. I even applied to do a story in the Red Chair recently, but I didn't hear anything back.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • edited May 2020
    We've been big fans of the show ever since we stumbled upon it after a David Tennant episode of Doctor Who. I even applied to do a story in the Red Chair recently, but I didn't hear anything back.
    Okay.  Your cool level just went up because you applied for the big red chair.

I absolutely love Graham.  He's quick, smart, funny, self-deprecating in a very charming way, he's a very good interviewer.  Gets good stories, gossip and sets everyone at ease -- and I love the Big Red Chair.  

Dear insert higher power of your choice , On everything holy, please let Bev Vincent get to sit in the "big red chair."

and dang! you know we want to hear the story you'd tell,  right?   :D
    FlakeNoirBevVincentGNTLGNT
  • FlakeNoir said:
    I love The Graham Norton Show. I record it every week it's on.  Because of covid, he's being doing remote interviews.

my kid says the trick is math.  Being math illiterate, this means nothing to me.  It is voodoo I tell ya!
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • We've been big fans of the show ever since we stumbled upon it after a David Tennant episode of Doctor Who. I even applied to do a story in the Red Chair recently, but I didn't hear anything back.
    We've been big fans of the show ever since we stumbled upon it after a David Tennant episode of Doctor Who. I even applied to do a story in the Red Chair recently, but I didn't hear anything back.
    Okay.  Your cool level just went up because you applied for the big red chair.

I absolutely love Graham.  He's quick, smart, funny, self-deprecating in a very charming way, he's a very good interviewer.  Gets good stories, gossip and sets everyone at ease -- and I love the Big Red Chair.  

Dear insert higher power of your choice , On everything holy, please let Bev Vincent get to sit in the "big red chair."

and dang! you know we want to hear the story you'd tell,  right?   :D
    Yes! We absolutely want to hear your red chair story Bev! Do you have a red chair at home? Even better... please have Mrs. Vincent film you telling your story and we'll let you know at the end whether or not you get to 'walk'! :D 
    Hedda GablerNotaroGNTLGNT
  • FlakeNoir said:
    I love The Graham Norton Show. I record it every week it's on.  Because of covid, he's being doing remote interviews.

my kid says the trick is math.  Being math illiterate, this means nothing to me.  It is voodoo I tell ya!
    I was guessing it would be maths too... which might as well be magic for me. (Bev could probably nut it out, he's a bit of a Maths whiz, isn't he?)

Related story: Home-schooling has been going wonderfully... until today. Enter Maths-I-could-not-do. Argggggghhhh! 
    Hedda GablerNotaroGNTLGNT
  • edited May 2020
    Did anybody watch the live-action/animated The Blacklist? Thoughts?

I thought it was great!
    GNTLGNTcat
  • edited May 2020
    And, a little more on The Blacklist,  Elizabeth asks Reddington how he feels and Reddington says, "I'm as happy as a seagull with a french fry."

This made me smile because on my bedroom wall, I have a vinyl rubbing transfer that says:

"Today I will be happier than a bird with a french fry."  And there is a little bluebird (bluebird of happiness me thinks) with a french fry in it's mouth.  

And....

Elizabeth!

GNTLGNTcatFlakeNoir
  • Finished watching season two of After Life, loved it, my wife was in floods of tears one minute then laughing hysterically the next. Gervais has agreed to do a third season, first time ever for any of his shows.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Did anybody watch the live-action/animated The Blacklist? Thoughts?

I thought it was great!
    We watched The Blacklist for several seasons, but we tired of it after a while.
    GNTLGNTNotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Notaro said:
    Finished watching season two of After Life, loved it, my wife was in floods of tears one minute then laughing hysterically the next. Gervais has agreed to do a third season, first time ever for any of his shows.
    Oh -- that's great news. We really like this show.
    GNTLGNTNotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Rewatching a couple of episodes of Michael Palin and Terry Jones Ripping Yarns,

GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Did anybody watch the live-action/animated The Blacklist? Thoughts?

I thought it was great!
    We watched The Blacklist for several seasons, but we tired of it after a while.
    The show has had great episodes and episodes of epic fail for me.  I've hung in there despite wanting to bail so occasionally I still get a good show.
    GNTLGNTcat
  • edited May 2020
    Did anyone watch Snowpiercer?

Apparently there is a movie but this is a made for TV series.  I was very intrigued by this world they created.   

Sometimes in shows you have to just suspend disbelief and play along for entertainment.  But that's changed a little bit for me.   Things that I would think were totally impossible might just be possible.  The world and possibilities in it are very fluid and shape shifty these days.

So, while this train went against every set rule of what is and isn't possible in my head, I'm just going to go with it and see how this plays out.  For now.  They have me for now.
    GNTLGNTghost19cat
  • Did anyone watch Snowpiercer?

Apparently there is a movie but this is a made for TV series.  I was very intrigued by this world they created.   

Sometimes in shows you have to just suspend disbelief and play along for entertainment.  But that's changed a little bit for me.   Things that I would think were totally impossible might just be possible.  The world and possibilities in it are very fluid and shape shifty these days.

So, while this train went against every set rule of what is and isn't possible in my head, I'm just going to go with it and see how this plays out.  For now.  They have me for now.

The movie was pretty cool, Hedda, has what's his name that played Captain America in the Avenger movies. It's a very original plot. I haven't seen the series but the movie was pretty good.

Unrelated note, have you ever watched the Amazon Prime series called "Bosch". If you like a good detective series, this is worth checking out, just finished the newest season last night, season six and was not disappointed at all. The guy who plays Bosch, Titus Welliver, is killing it as Bosch. It's based on a series of books that I've never read by Michael Connelly and Connelly also produces the show. Whoever taught the characters how to play cops and detectives did an extremely good job, very realistic portrayal of crime scenes, and law enforcement in general.
    GNTLGNTHedda Gablercat
  • ghost19 said:
    Unrelated note, have you ever watched the Amazon Prime series called "Bosch". If you like a good detective series, this is worth checking out, just finished the newest season last night, season six and was not disappointed at all. The guy who plays Bosch, Titus Welliver, is killing it as Bosch. It's based on a series of books that I've never read by Michael Connelly and Connelly also produces the show. Whoever taught the characters how to play cops and detectives did an extremely good job, very realistic portrayal of crime scenes, and law enforcement in general. 
    Bosch is terrific -- I just finished the most recent season. Connelly was a crime beat reporter for many years and he's in tight with LAPD. Has the kind of access any writer would envy. I'm a big fan of his books and was honored to have a short story in the MWA anthology he edited (The Blue Religion).

Welliver was "the man in black" on LOST, as well, and we've just seen him pop up in the early episodes of THE GOOD WIFE. But he is Harry Bosch, through and through.
    ghost19Hedda GablerGNTLGNTcat
  • ghost19 said:
    Bosch is terrific -- I just finished the most recent season. Connelly was a crime beat reporter for many years and he's in tight with LAPD. Has the kind of access any writer would envy. I'm a big fan of his books and was honored to have a short story in the MWA anthology he edited (The Blue Religion).

Welliver was "the man in black" on LOST, as well, and we've just seen him pop up in the early episodes of THE GOOD WIFE. But he is Harry Bosch, through and through.

Wow, that's amazing sir. I really need to read some of his books. Now I also need to go find that anthology with your story in it. Welliver was on another favorite show of mine, Sons of Anarchy, he played a gun runner and did a great job in that role also. The nuances of the show really make it stand out. I've enjoyed every season so far. I honestly didn't realize Titus Welliver was that strong of an actor but he carries this show easily. Looking forward to the next season for sure.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTcat
  • ghost19 said:
    Wow, that's amazing sir. I really need to read some of his books. Now I also need to go find that anthology with your story in it. Welliver was on another favorite show of mine, Sons of Anarchy, he played a gun runner and did a great job in that role also. The nuances of the show really make it stand out. I've enjoyed every season so far. I honestly didn't realize Titus Welliver was that strong of an actor but he carries this show easily. Looking forward to the next season for sure. 
    The anthology is called "The Blue Religion" and my story is "Rule Number One," inspired by a police ridealong I did with HPD.

Connelly had a cameo as a drunk Santa Claus on a bench near the drunk tank in the first season.
    ghost19Hedda GablerGNTLGNTcat
  • ghost19 said:
    The anthology is called "The Blue Religion" and my story is "Rule Number One," inspired by a police ridealong I did with HPD.

Connelly had a cameo as a drunk Santa Claus on a bench near the drunk tank in the first season.

I remember the drunk Santa Claus, had no idea that was Connelly...lol
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTcat
  • Notaro said:
    Okay, in checking this out HULU has the first 3 seasons of Cardinal and I've seen all of those. So hopefully this means season 4 will be coming soon!

Is there a new season of Cardinal out? I very much hope so, love that show.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTcat
  • ghost19 said:
    Notaro said:

Is there a new season of Cardinal out? I very much hope so, love that show.
    Yes! There is a season 4 but I can't get it yet.  Can't wait!
    GNTLGNTghost19cat
  • ghost19 said:
    Did anyone watch Snowpiercer?

The movie was pretty cool, Hedda, has what's his name that played Captain America in the Avenger movies. It's a very original plot. I haven't seen the series but the movie was pretty good.

Don't have Amazon Prime so can't watch that.  I have been circlin' Amazon for a while now.  
    GNTLGNTghost19cat