Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Documentaries

Comments

• The hedgehog in that sandwich was alive and fought bravely before being eaten😁
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerKurben
  • Notaro said:
    The hedgehog in that sandwich was alive and fought bravely before being eaten😁
    Righty-o... and now for a question between the two--did you go back and view it again before you gave me the first answer? (and you're not allowed to lie with this question)
    GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Nope, I didn't, I have seen it many times before. Trust me it wasn't a real one. 🙂
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Notaro said:
    Nope, I didn't, I have seen it many times before. Trust me it wasn't a real one. 🙂
    Okay, this one I believe... :D 
    NotaroGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Its not a lie  if you believe it - Good Guy George Costanza - quickmeme
    Dammit Scott! How the bloody heck am I going to sleep at night now?! 
    GNTLGNTNotaroHedda Gabler
  • FlakeNoir said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    Its not a lie  if you believe it - Good Guy George Costanza - quickmeme
    Dammit Scott! How the bloody heck am I going to sleep at night now?! 
    So Sorry GIF by memecandy - Find  Share on GIPHY
    FlakeNoirNotaroHedda GablerNeesy
  • I love this, 8 minute short with the director of Crawlspace about his experience of working with Klaus Kinski.

GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Notaro said:
    I love this, 8 minute short with the director of Crawlspace about his experience of working with Klaus Kinski.

Why do youtubers not turn up their volumes?  I'll have to come back to this when I find my ear phones.  
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • ....Hillbilly Elegy is coming up on Netflix.......it was quite a good book, and one I wouldn't have found without DoYa's help.....
    Hedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoir
  • Secrets of the Saqqara Tomb -- Netflix

Interesting enough.  Didn't enjoy it as much as other expedition shows I've watched.  

These people were extremely rough with the antiquities.  I was quite surprised at how impatient and bull-in-a-china shop they were compared to other shows I've watched where the experts move slowly and with very delicate hands.
    NotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Egypt tomb Saqqara one of a kind discovery revealed - BBC News...darn kids from the wrong side of the Nile, and their crazy graffiti!!......get offa my sandbox!!!.....
    NotaroFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • Burroughs: The Movie

Lucy Worsley myths and secrets: Marie Antoinette
    NotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • ....love this.....

“Nobody owns life, but anyone who can pick up a frying pan owns death.”
    ― William S. Burroughs

Hedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoir
  • The Comedy Store

This is a 5 part documentary and it's so good.  It really addresses today's climate in what can and can't be joked about these days.   And for comedians, they pretty much feel everything is fair game.  And I agree with them. 

Do I laugh at every joke? No. Do I laugh at every comedian? No.  Do I think some jokes cross a line? I do.  But, don't censor creative content.    Just because I might not find something funny doesn't mean the next guy won't.  And an offensive inappropriate joke does not mean someone is going to lose their mind and soul and buy into it.  

We can all appreciate the seed of a joke.  It doesn't mean where the comedian takes the joke is true or even funny sometimes.  But, Freedom of F'ing Speech people.  

I turn the channel. I turn the TV off.  I walk away. I have power over myself and what I choose to engage with and what I don't.

I can list a ton of comedians that people find hilarious that I think are stupid, offensive, untalented.  And my list is going to be different than yours.  And someone I hate you will love.  And that's how the world goes round.
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurben
  • We watched My Octopus Teacher last night -- fascinating look at a guy who'd probably suffered a nervous breakdown in his normal life who decides to swim in a kelp forest off the tip of South Africa and "befriends" an octopus over the course of nearly a year.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • edited November 2020
    We watched My Octopus Teacher last night -- fascinating look at a guy who'd probably suffered a nervous breakdown in his normal life who decides to swim in a kelp forest off the tip of South Africa and "befriends" an octopus over the course of nearly a year.
    I know this is going to sound unbelievably lame, but I don't think I can watch this.  I'm worried the octopus dies.  This creature he's bonded with dies.  

I'm a cry baby extraordinaire and not sure I want to spend a couple hours choked up.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • The lifespan of an octopus is about a year, so it's bound to happen at some point...one way or another.

Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Ohhh. 

I didn't realize it was so short.  I'm actually a little surprised at that, I thought they were these grand sea creatures who lived close to human senior citizen years.

So, yes, this is going to be The Yearling all over again.  Love, attachment, friendship, support and boom! Dead.

I'd be snotting all over myself.  

Still, I may give it a go on one of my I-am-woman, I-am-strong days.

GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Wrinkles the Clown --  I didn't realize this was a documentary. I thought it was a movie so didn't have any interest in it at all.

A whole mythology surrounds this guy from Naples, Florida.  He has slapped  Wrinkles stickers with a phone number all over town.  It has an actual phone number that you can call.  I dare someone here to call it and report back.  Easy to find on Google.   I'm too afraid.  bwhoaheohaaa!

In the documentary, an old man is portrayed as Wrinkles, but he was an actor who was hired by Wrinkles. Wrinkles has gotten so many death threats. 

He does hire out.  Parents will hire him to scare the crap out of their kids.  Which is a bit deranged.  But what's really disturbing, parents will call the number and leave a message on Wrinkles's answering machine saying stuff like, come get these kids because they are being bad.  And the language they use, the horrible mental game -- the kids are in the background just begging and sobbing, promising to be good.  Just don't bring in Wrinkles, please.  These are little kids.  Sure, hire the guy to scare your teenage azzholes, but little kids. No.

It's quite sick.  As a parent, you are supposed to be the person your child can trust and come to without fear of anything.  And you purposely traumatize your kid into thinking that you will do something awful to them at any minute, at your whim.  Totally sick.

Now, that's not saying we haven't scared our kids.  Sure we have.  But in fun.  And definitely age appropriate.  This Wrinkles stuff is just total child abuse.  

He's going to scare the wrong person one day and get shot.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • The Most Dangerous Animal

This is the story about a guy who was adopted seeking his birth parents.  And he believes his father is The Zodiac Killer.

It's a 4 part documentary.  And as documentaries do, they totally have you believing what they want you to believe until you get to the end and can't believe it anymore. 

It's like reading a whole book with clues withheld to sway you to believe something and then all of a sudden, you are given the facts and realize, this whole time, you were being led on.  

Still, very interesting and food for thought.
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Wrinkles the Clown --  I didn't realize this was a documentary. I thought it was a movie so didn't have any interest in it at all.

A whole mythology surrounds this guy from Naples, Florida.  He has slapped  Wrinkles stickers with a phone number all over town.  It has an actual phone number that you can call.  I dare someone here to call it and report back.  Easy to find on Google.   I'm too afraid.  bwhoaheohaaa!

In the documentary, an old man is portrayed as Wrinkles, but he was an actor who was hired by Wrinkles. Wrinkles has gotten so many death threats. 

He does hire out.  Parents will hire him to scare the crap out of their kids.  Which is a bit deranged.  But what's really disturbing, parents will call the number and leave a message on Wrinkles's answering machine saying stuff like, come get these kids because they are being bad.  And the language they use, the horrible mental game -- the kids are in the background just begging and sobbing, promising to be good.  Just don't bring in Wrinkles, please.  These are little kids.  Sure, hire the guy to scare your teenage azzholes, but little kids. No.

It's quite sick.  As a parent, you are supposed to be the person your child can trust and come to without fear of anything.  And you purposely traumatize your kid into thinking that you will do something awful to them at any minute, at your whim.  Totally sick.

Now, that's not saying we haven't scared our kids.  Sure we have.  But in fun.  And definitely age appropriate.  This Wrinkles stuff is just total child abuse.  

He's going to scare the wrong person one day and get shot.
    ....gonna look into this.....with my twisted brain, it intrigues me.....

Review Wrinkles leaves much to be desired
    NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • David Gilmour  -  Wider Horizons

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTBevVincent
  • Notaro said:
    David Gilmour  -  Wider Horizons

I'll put this on my watch list.
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Notaro said:
    David Gilmour  -  Wider Horizons

I'll put this on my watch list.
    It's a good one Hedda, I was quite surprised watching it when he talks about his relationship with his parents. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT