Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Documentaries

Comments

• GNTLGNT said:
    Neesy said:
    Saw a documentary about the Go-Gos - the only all female band to write their own songs and play their own instruments.

I really enjoyed it - good to see what they look like 40 years from first starting.

Thought the drummer was fun - she had a great personality

(Ooops - needed to edit this - they were the FIRST all female band to do this) :)
    ....I'm pretty sure Joan Jett and the Runaways would argue that point.....

I like Joan Jett and the Blackhearts - especially "I Hate Myself for Loving You" :)

Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaroHollyGolightlyKurben
  • ...she was a hoot to interview....5'5" of pure spunk......
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesyNotaroHollyGolightlyKurben
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ...she was a hoot to interview....5'5" of pure spunk......

Wow! That's cool that you met her in person. I wasn't a big fan of pop music, like the GoGos, but that documentary was pretty interesting.

One of the guys from The Who (I think it was the drummer) is interviewed in it as well, as the GoGos did a tour where they opened for The Who. If you get a chance you should watch it - it's a well made documentary

NotaroFlakeNoirHollyGolightlyHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • I have a funny Ogre story about the Go-Gos.
    Rick (the Ogre's name) and his high school friends went to see the Go-Gos in concert and skipped the opening act because they'd never heard of them:  it was INXS  :disappointed:  I was not a fan of the GoGos.  But what I wouldn't give to have seen INXS.  Those boys - just wanting to see those cute girls.

I watched My Octopus Teacher - I think Octopuses are very cool.  It was a good story with lots of gorgeous underwater film.  I enjoyed it.  

High Score is on my watch list.  I think my brother & sister had the ET game.  I was really bad at video games.  
    not_nadineHedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • I have a funny Ogre story about the Go-Gos.
    Rick (the Ogre's name) and his high school friends went to see the Go-Gos in concert and skipped the opening act because they'd never heard of them:  it was INXS  :disappointed:  I was not a fan of the GoGos.  But what I wouldn't give to have seen INXS.  Those boys - just wanting to see those cute girls.

I watched My Octopus Teacher - I think Octopuses are very cool.  It was a good story with lots of gorgeous underwater film.  I enjoyed it.  

High Score is on my watch list.  I think my brother & sister had the ET game.  I was really bad at video games.  
    ....boys wanting to see Belinda and her cut bangs?.....pshaw!.....
    Hedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Tea With the Dames --  Joan Plowright, Eileen Atkins, Maggie Smith, Judi Dench

This was somewhat interesting, but I think they were all very careful in what they revealed. I have no doubt their conversation would have been much more lively and R rated, maybe even tilting into XXX territory had we not been eavesdropping.
    NotaroFlakeNoirNeesyGNTLGNTKurben
  • Tea With the Dames --  Joan Plowright, Eileen Atkins, Maggie Smith, Judi Dench

This was somewhat interesting, but I think they were all very careful in what they revealed. I have no doubt their conversation would have been much more lively and R rated, maybe even tilting into XXX territory had we not been eavesdropping.
    Yeah I was thinking that too when I saw this. :D 
    NotaroNeesyHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • It's also very "inside baseball" in that there were a lot of people they were discussing that we weren't very familiar with.
    FlakeNoirNeesyHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • edited September 2020
    Tea With the Dames --  Joan Plowright, Eileen Atkins, Maggie Smith, Judi Dench

....Laws yes!.......M-O-O-N, that spells "naughty"....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • American Murder - The Family Next Door.
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTcat
  • American Murder - The Family Next Door.
    We started watching that last night, I stopped, I can't really handle watching when kids are victims, that scumbag should be executed. He doesn't deserve to live. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gablernot_nadinecat
  • .....I don't care how belittled he felt, walk away mfer!......murder is not an option, especially when you victimize children who played no part in this fatal scenario......he is nothing more than a drain on the state.....I'm sure they could find a form fitting oil drum for him....sack o'crap......
    Hedda GablercatFlakeNoir
  • I am just starting to watch this now, and I really don't think I can go on.
    Hedda GablercatFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • I started watching it last night but fell asleep around halfway thru. I will go back to it though. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • edited October 2020
    DEAF U

This was interesting and fun for many reasons.  I was up to about year 3 in college with sign language.  I was never fast. I was never going to be fast. But, I could carry on complex conversations if I had a deaf person to do that with.  Unfortunately, this is a skill if you don't use it, you don't necessarily lose it all, but it's harder to recall the more advanced things. 

Now, I'm probably at a kindergartner level of sign language. But it was fun watching these kids talk and I did pick up on words on my own without the subtitles.  

And boy oh boy, are they ever college kids getting their freak on.  
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Documentary about one of favourite TV shows when I was a kid.... Not The Nine O Clock News... 

GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda GablerNeesy
  • Notaro said:
    Documentary about one of favourite TV shows when I was a kid.... Not The Nine O Clock News... 

I loved this show, it was hilarious and way over the top at times. :D
    But sh*t Irish, we're going to have a few words about...

... that fecking hedgehog scene near the beginning... what the farrrrrrrk?!!!  :o :'( 
    My kid has a pet hedgehog that he's been raising and rehabilitating since it was only a couple of months old. He called it "Machete".

NotaroGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Notaro said:
    Documentary about one of favourite TV shows when I was a kid.... Not The Nine O Clock News... 

... that fecking hedgehog scene near the beginning... what the farrrrrrrk?!!!  :o :'( 
    My kid has a pet hedgehog that he's been raising and rehabilitating since it was only a couple of months old. He called it "Machete".

You mean you weren't a fan of the Hedgehog sandwich Flakes?

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerKurben
  • edited October 2020
    Notaro said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    Notaro said:

No it was the...

...live headgehog under the car wheel! WTF? I mean, was that real? No don't tell me...! I couldn't go back for another look to check. 

Oh Gawd... that's awful. I've held Machete and fed him and babysat and stuff... 

Ewwww, please tell me they didn't really run one over just for a TV program?! and if they did... just lie to me Irish. Make something up and convince the sh*t out of me. 😳 🥺

• FlakeNoir said:
    Notaro said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    Notaro said:

No it was the...

...live headgehog under the car wheel! WTF? I mean, was that real? No don't tell me...! I couldn't go back for another look to check. 

Ewwww, please tell me they didn't really run one over just for a TV program?! and if they did... just lie to me Irish. Make something up and convince the sh*t out of me. 😳 🥺

Listen to the opening of this LP Flakes... It explains everything 😁

• Notaro said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    Notaro said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    Notaro said:

No it was the...

Ohhhhh not convincing, I feel like they made this up to cover themselves... that looked sooo real! I'm not going to go back and check though.  :o

I think I should be allowed to include that video clip in the 2020 Halloween Movie Thingee as my 3rd entry. That was truly horrorific.  :s
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Notaro said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    Notaro said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    Notaro said:

No it was the...

Ohhhhh not convincing, I feel like they made this up to cover themselves... that looked sooo real! I'm not going to go back and check though.  :o

I think I should be allowed to include that video clip in the 2020 Halloween Movie Thingee as my 3rd entry. That was truly horrorific.  :s
    🤣🤣🤣
  • Notaro said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    Notaro said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    Notaro said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    Notaro said:

No it was the...

🤣🤣🤣
    You do know by laughing at my misery you're invoking the wrath of the weather Gods, right? All that rain you're getting? This is direct punishment for your uncontrollable mirth... in my time of distress.

And on a more serious note... please could you go back and check for me if it was a real one? And if it was... please lie to me like you've never lied before, okay? Otherwise I'm never going to sleep again. Ever.

GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • No Flakes it wasn't a real one, they would never get away with doing that on TV. 
  • edited October 2020
    Notaro said:
    No Flakes it wasn't a real one, they would never get away with doing that on TV. 
    Okay, now tell me a lie that you know I won't believe... I need a yin yang balance kinda thing so I can truly be convinced. :D 
    GNTLGNTHedda Gabler