Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

CHRISTMAS....is coming!

Yo yo yo bitches! Christmas is right around the corner. I’m already deep into gift buying 🎁 and i was going to put up my tree but my oldest son is coming home for a visit in a couple weeks so decided to wait for him. I haven’t had him for xmas for about 4 years now, and won’t this year either, so this is the next best thing. 

I’m so giddy i could blow a fallopian tube!

32 Best Christmas Party Themes - Ideas for a Holiday Party
FlakeNoirNotarospideymanghost19GNTLGNTNeesySundropcat

Comments

• I'm so glad you're going to be having him there with you for a time! That's fantastic girl! 💜

I will need new pictures of Mr. Gorgeous Christmas Tree. 
    NotarospideymanGNTLGNTNeesycat
  • edited November 2020
     :D  Blow a fallopian tube.    Yes, pictures please.
    spideymanHedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesyKurbencat
  • I now have my car radio set to Holiday Traditions music and I have my Christmas cards ready to go out.  I will wait until after Thanksgiving to send them.
    NotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoirspideymanNeesycat
  • Saw this ornament a couple of weeks ago and I got a chuckle out of it so I took a snap😁, Santa takes a selfie....

Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoirspideymanNeesySundropcat
  • edited November 2020
    Yo yo yo bitches! Christmas is right around the corner. I’m already deep into gift buying 🎁 and i was going to put up my tree but my oldest son is coming home for a visit in a couple weeks so decided to wait for him. I haven’t had him for xmas for about 4 years now, and won’t this year either, so this is the next best thing. 

Christmas tree pics when you're done. I'm betting it will look amazing. Don't trip over it...;)
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoirspideymanNeesycat
  • Notaro said:
    Saw this ornament a couple of weeks ago and I got a chuckle out of it so I took a snap😁, Santa takes a selfie....

That is really cute!
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirspideymanNeesycat
  • ghost19 said:

Christmas tree pics when you're done. I'm betting it will look amazing. Don't trip over it...;)
    I promise...NOTHING!
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirspideymanNeesyKurbencat
  • .....I think I may have a spare fallopian tube in my tool box......(no need to ask why).....
    NotaroFlakeNoirHedda GablerspideymanNeesySundropcat
  • ....so an early "Kidmas"!......that's great Deej, so pleased for you I could squee!.....which would be weirder than a spare fallopian tube in a tool box, come to think of it......
    NotaroFlakeNoirHedda GablerspideymanNeesySundropcat
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....so an early "Kidmas"!......that's great Deej, so pleased for you I could squee!.....which would be weirder than a spare fallopian tube in a tool box, come to think of it......
    I suspect you "squeeing" might have something to do with the acquisition of said spare fallopian tube?  
    NotaroGNTLGNTHedda Gablernot_nadinespideymanNeesyKurbenSundropcat
  • Once again, I would like to encourage all of you to be creative with your gift giving. This year, things might be a little more scaled back for some families, but you can still make it fun.  

And while gift cards and presents of cash are fantastic and probably more appreciated this year than any other, please try to do something more than hand them a card or a little gift box with a gift card in it, or money with the words, "It's not much....."  Don't do it!

Be creative and fun!  Make them laugh.  They will remember the laughs no matter what amount the cash is or the gift card is. 

If you have a teenager and you're giving them 30 dollars, make them go on a scavenger hunt for every dollar!  Tell the kid, you have thirty dollars (or 50, or 100 or whatever) in cash hidden around the house.  Go find it.  Oh my god, they will whine and bitch and have the best time looking for it.

Wrap things creatively.  One year I folded money into little shirts and put them in a little tiny box.  So tiny.  The teenager who got this tiny little present is looking at this micro box with this look on his face... it was priceless.  But he opened up the box and had all these tiny little folded shirts and ties, and unfolded, it was 30 or 40 dollars.  Now, depending on how many tiny shirts and ties you want to fold, you could do dollar bills or tenners ..... but it's creative!

Dollar Bill Origami- Shirt and Tie  15 Steps with Pictures -  Instructables

One year I bought one of those lifesaver "book" boxes.  I unloaded all the rolls of lifesavers (I think there were 6, 7, 8?) and I rolled bills around the lifesaver tubes and then put them back in the "book box." Faces on bills looking out that little window.

Lifesavers Christmas Story Book

The kid opened it --  lifesavers. Wow.  I told them to look closer.  

One year, I taped 1 dollar bills to the inside of a box.  Lined the box with 1 dollar bills. Then I put tissue paper over them, taped down secured so the tissue paper wouldn't just float out and spoil the surprise, hiding the money.  When the kid opened the box, it was an empty box with just tissue paper.  Once again, teenager face.  I told him to rip the tissue paper away and surprise!  And imagine shaking that present?  No satisfaction at all!   

Wrap a present origami style.

Creative Gift Wrapping Ideas

I've made socks fun.  Get a see through plastic xmas paint container from craft store, a string of 15 mini lights taped inside spiraling up the inside, stuffed with tissue paper and socks stuffed inside that.  Put the lid on, tape the switch to the top of the can and put a big bow on it to hide the switch and turn it on under your tree -- so pretty lighting up the other presents!

Santa  Icons Paint Can  Hobby Lobby

Take some horrible, stupid old book with some weird title like "Herpes and You." 
     A book just beyond salvaging or donating and cut the inside out.  Put a gift card to Barnes and Noble inside.  

So many wonderful ideas to take a small gift and make it memorable.  Isn't that what it's about?  Family memories? Friend memories?

So many things I've done to make a gift card or cash more than just a handing of an envelope to them and oh my, what a SURPRISE!  Not.  Here's you a gift card back.  Different business, but a gift card.  We just all sit around handing gift cards and cash back and forth to each other.  BORING!

Some of you may be fine with this, but I'm not.  It is the thought that counts and handing me a card with cash or gift card inside is no thought other than, I had no time, I didn't know what to get you, you aren't worth the effort. 

I'm a little ornery, a little mischievious but sincere.  I think about the people I give to. I want to create something special for them.  And it takes hardly any time at all to do a little extra.  Especially if you start right now.  Every week, go buy a gift and get it wrapped creatively.   Use newspaper, or old magazines.  

That's just me.  Like I said, your family may be just fine with the impersonal gift.  But I would rather get $5,  creatively given,  than $50 just handed to me.

NotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoirspideymanNeesySundropcatdoyoulove19
  • FlakeNoir said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    ....so an early "Kidmas"!......that's great Deej, so pleased for you I could squee!.....which would be weirder than a spare fallopian tube in a tool box, come to think of it......
    I suspect you "squeeing" might have something to do with the acquisition of said spare fallopian tube?  
    ....please allow the elder Village Idiot his moment of emotional squeeness.....
    NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoirspideymanNeesycat
  • Once again, I would like to encourage all of you to be creative with your gift giving. This year, things might be a little more scaled back for some families, but you can still make it fun.  

And while gift cards and presents of cash are fantastic and probably more appreciated this year than any other, please try to do something more than hand them a card or a little gift box with a gift card in it, or money with the words, "It's not much....."  Don't do it!

Be creative and fun!  Make them laugh.  They will remember the laughs no matter what amount the cash is or the gift card is. 

If you have a teenager and you're giving them 30 dollars, make them go on a scavenger hunt for every dollar!  Tell the kid, you have thirty dollars (or 50, or 100 or whatever) in cash hidden around the house.  Go find it.  Oh my god, they will whine and bitch and have the best time looking for it.

Wrap things creatively.  One year I folded money into little shirts and put them in a little tiny box.  So tiny.  The teenager who got this tiny little present is looking at this micro box with this look on his face... it was priceless.  But he opened up the box and had all these tiny little folded shirts and ties, and unfolded, it was 30 or 40 dollars.  Now, depending on how many tiny shirts and ties you want to fold, you could do dollar bills or tenners ..... but it's creative!

One year I bought one of those lifesaver "book" boxes.  I unloaded all the rolls of lifesavers (I think there were 6, 7, 8?) and I rolled bills around the lifesaver tubes and then put them back in the "book box." Faces on bills looking out that little window.

One year, I taped 1 dollar bills to the inside of a box.  Lined the box with 1 dollar bills. Then I put tissue paper over them, taped down secured so the tissue paper wouldn't just float out and spoil the surprise, hiding the money.  When the kid opened the box, it was an empty box with just tissue paper.  Once again, teenager face.  I told him to rip the tissue paper away and surprise!  And imagine shaking that present?  No satisfaction at all!   

I've made socks fun.  Get a see through plastic xmas paint container from craft store, a string of 15 mini lights taped inside spiraling up the inside, stuffed with tissue paper and socks stuffed inside that.  Put the lid on, tape the switch to the top of the can and put a big bow on it to hide the switch and turn it on under your tree -- so pretty lighting up the other presents!

Take some horrible, stupid old book with some weird title like "Herpes and You." 
     A book just beyond salvaging or donating and cut the inside out.  Put a gift card to Barnes and Noble inside.  

So many wonderful ideas to take a small gift and make it memorable.  Isn't that what it's about?  Family memories? Friend memories?

So many things I've done to make a gift card or cash more than just a handing of an envelope to them and oh my, what a SURPRISE!  Not.  Here's you a gift card back.  Different business, but a gift card.  We just all sit around handing gift cards and cash back and forth to each other.  BORING!

Some of you may be fine with this, but I'm not.  It is the thought that counts and handing me a card with cash or gift card inside is no thought other than, I had no time, I didn't know what to get you, you aren't worth the effort. 

I'm a little ornery, a little mischievious but sincere.  I think about the people I give to. I want to create something special for them.  And it takes hardly any time at all to do a little extra.  Especially if you start right now.  Every week, go buy a gift and get it wrapped creatively.   Use newspaper, or old magazines.  

That's just me.  Like I said, your family may be just fine with the impersonal gift.  But I would rather get $5,  creatively given,  than $50 just handed to me.

.....this.....is.....just......awesome......you continue to amaze with the depths of your heart and creativity.....
    NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoirspideymanNeesySundrop
  • Flakers and Scott!!!! Oh my lord!!!!!  :D :D :D :D

Oh, and I don't mean to sound preachy in my above novel. I'm just trying so hard to encouraged you all to have fun.   Especially this year.  It's so important to lift others up this year.  Please try.
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTspideymanNeesySundropcatdoyoulove19

I love this... you've changed my boring-ass self forever. Never again will I do the bare minimum... even (and especially) for the people that don't necessarily deserve my time, thought and love.

Thanks girl, you are so frigging undervalued, it kills me sometimes. 
    Hedda GablerNotaroGNTLGNTNeesycat
  • edited November 2020
    FlakeNoir said:
    Once again, I would like to encourage all of you to be creative with your gift giving. This year, things might be a little more scaled back for some families, but you can still make it fun.  

I love this... you've changed my boring-ass self forever. Never again will I do the bare minimum... even (and especially) for the people that don't necessarily deserve my time, thought and love.

Thank you FLAKE. That means a lot to me.  It's nice to be heard and valued.  Just means everything to me.

FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTspideymanNeesycat
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Once again, I would like to encourage all of you to be creative with your gift giving. This year, things might be a little more scaled back for some families, but you can still make it fun.  

Thank you Scott. That means a lot to me.  It's nice to be heard and valued.  Just means everything to me.
    Oh... so I'm changing my name and gender now? Merry Christmas, me! :D 
    NotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablerspideymanNeesycat
  • edited November 2020
    One year, I gave my niece a gift card.  BUT, what I did.  I purchased those little plastic bags that treats come in -- they have them for Halloween and for Christmas with little ties.  

In each of the bags, I placed one  index card that I wrote different things on. Like:

Nope. Not this One.  Look Again.  Good try!  Keep searching.  "A" for effort!  Participation Trophy for you!

I had about 15 of these little treat bags all saying something different.  Then in one of the bags, I put the gift card.   That bag was taped to the bottom of the box.  I once again put tissue paper secured in placed over that one so it couldn't be grabbed too soon.  On top of the tissue paper, I piled all these 15 bags.  So, my niece had to open each one of those bags and when she got down to the bottom of an empty, tissue paper lined box, I told her, rip off the tissue paper.  And the last bag had the gift card.  That was fun watching her face opening every single one of those bags!
  • edited November 2020
    GNTLGNT said:

.....this.....is.....just......awesome......you continue to amaze with the depths of your heart and creativity.....
    Thank you Scott, I appreciate the kind words.
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTspideymanNeesycat
  • Flake, that was supposed to be you, it won't let me fix it!
  • Flake, that was supposed to be you, it won't let me fix it!
    :D :D :D Don't even worry about it, I saw what you did... I was just messing with you. :D
    NotaroGNTLGNTspideymanNeesycat
  • FlakeNoir said:

Thank you FLAKE. That means a lot to me.  It's nice to be heard and valued.  Just means everything to me.
    So weird!  That wouldn't let me edit it but I got it changed.
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTspideymanNeesycat
  • ....well, you girls and your fallopian tubes need to hug......
    FlakeNoirNotarospideymanNeesycat
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....well, you girls and your fallopian tubes need to hug......
    Our fallopian tubes will not be going anywhere near each other. We just don't swing that way. Strictly Non-Lebanese. 
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNotarospideymanNeesycat
  • I saw immediately I grabbed the wrong one, but it wouldn't let me get it fixed!  And we have 15 damn minutes!   Not very Christmasy at all, those 15 minutes!

You are the most selfless person I know Flakers, always thinking of a kindness for others.  You are my peep. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotarospideymanNeesycat