Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Bred Any Good Rooks Lately?

Comments

• Thanks for all that information!
    catFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • I'm reading The Langoliers right now and I forgot so much of this story!  And I forgot how long it was.  

It's going to take me a few days to get through it.
    NotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoircat
  • I'm reading The Langoliers right now and I forgot so much of this story!  And I forgot how long it was.  

It's going to take me a few days to get through it.
    I revisited this "novella" when we were considering using it in FLIGHT OR FRIGHT -- it's almost exactly as long as that entire anthology ended up being!
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoircat
  • ....sometimes, Steve's novellas are other writers War & Peace.....
    NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoircat
  • Going to start this one, read the first collection called Sins a while back and enjoyed it so hopefully this one hits all the right notes too...

GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoircat
  • Notaro said:
    Going to start this one, read the first collection called Sins a while back and enjoyed it so hopefully this one hits all the right notes too...

....interesting.....nation and ethnic specific.....never thought outside the American genre and it's over use of Mafia, drug lords etc..... 
    NotaroHedda Gablercat
  • Has anybody gotten the chance to read Kelly Braffet's book, The Unwilling?  I so want to get this book but I haven't been to the book store in 5 months.  I'm going to have to break down and order it.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoircat
  • I just downloaded 'The Ten Thousand Doors of January.'  Thanks for the recommendations. 
    I love my Kindle Paperwhite. 
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTcat
  • I have so many books going.  I'm not going to get any of them done anytime soon I fear.
    NotaroGNTLGNTcatFlakeNoir
  • Finished reading Alec Baldwin's Nevertheless, quite good, was never a big fan but it is an entertaining read.

Hedda GablerGNTLGNTcat
  • Notaro said:
    Finished reading Alec Baldwin's Nevertheless, quite good, was never a big fan but it is an entertaining read.

I bet that was interesting.
    NotaroGNTLGNTcat
  • Bev, do you have a story in the current Best of Cemetery Dance II?
    GNTLGNTcat
  • Notaro said:
    Finished reading Alec Baldwin's Nevertheless, quite good, was never a big fan but it is an entertaining read.

It was Hedda, lots of good anecdotes,  no love lost between him and Harrison Ford.
    GNTLGNTHedda Gablercat
  • Bev, do you have a story in the current Best of Cemetery Dance II?
    Yes, my first story, "Harming Obsession" is in BoCD2
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNotarocatFlakeNoir
  • Not out yet -- Fall 2020.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNotarocatFlakeNoir
  • ...still available for order last I checked on the site.....
    Hedda GablerNotarocatFlakeNoir
  • Notaro said:
    Notaro said:

It was Hedda, lots of good anecdotes,  no love lost between him and Harrison Ford.
    Interesting, tell us the story. Why did they share animosity?  
    GNTLGNTNotarocatFlakeNoir
  • edited June 2020
    GNTLGNT said:
    ...still available for order last I checked on the site.....
    I have really really cut down on buying books.  I want them, I want to buy them. But...I'm trying to organize and get things in place and adding to my already considerable pile of books ... I shouldn't.

I do have a bunch of orders waiting at CD, a couple grab bags so maybe one of these will show up on my doorstep sooner rather than later in a grab bag.
    GNTLGNTcatNotaroFlakeNoir
  • Has anybody gotten the chance to read Kelly Braffet's book, The Unwilling?  I so want to get this book but I haven't been to the book store in 5 months.  I'm going to have to break down and order it.
    It is in my tbr pile. It looks interesting! Need to finish up Four Past Midnight, then go back to the Longmire book and The Little Stranger, I put them both aside for Four Past Midnight. Then I want to tackle The Unwilling. 
    NotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • I just downloaded 'The Ten Thousand Doors of January.'  Thanks for the recommendations. 
    I love my Kindle Paperwhite. 
    Hope you like it, still my favorite read of this year so far! 
    NotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Notaro said:
    Notaro said:

Apparently, Baldwin was in negotiations with Paramount Pictures, they were holding back information about scheduling and starting dates for filming making it nigh on impossible for him to make a commitment, unbeknownst to him they were also negotiating with Ford for the role, a friend of Baldwin's approached Ford and said " you do know that Alec Baldwin is currently in negotiations with Paramount for this picture, to which Ford replied "Fu*k him". Baldwin considered it bad form to go behind someone's back and basically steal the job from him. 
    catHedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Notaro said:
    Notaro said:
    Notaro said:

Apparently, Baldwin was in negotiations with Paramount Pictures, they were holding back information about scheduling and starting dates for filming making it nigh on impossible for him to make a commitment, unbeknownst to him they were also negotiating with Ford for the role, a friend of Baldwin's approached Ford and said " you do know that Alec Baldwin is currently in negotiations with Paramount for this picture, to which Ford replied "Fu*k him". Baldwin considered it bad form to go behind someone's back and basically steal the job from him. 
    What movie was this for?
    NotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • You know how you can read a book and you wish it wouldn't end? When it does end, it leaves you wanting more?  The Splendid and the Vile by Erik Larson was like that. I love how he writes.
    NotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoirnot_nadine