Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Bred Any Good Rooks Lately?

Comments

• Notaro said:
    Notaro said:
    Notaro said:
    Finished reading Alec Baldwin's Nevertheless, quite good, was never a big fan but it is an entertaining read.

I bet that was interesting.
    It was Hedda, lots of good anecdotes,  no love lost between him and Harrison Ford.
    Interesting, tell us the story. Why did they share animosity?  
    Apparently, Baldwin was in negotiations with Paramount Pictures, they were holding back information about scheduling and starting dates for filming making it nigh on impossible for him to make a commitment, unbeknownst to him they were also negotiating with Ford for the role, a friend of Baldwin's approached Ford and said " you do know that Alec Baldwin is currently in negotiations with Paramount for this picture, to which Ford replied "Fu*k him". Baldwin considered it bad form to go behind someone's back and basically steal the job from him. 
    What movie was this for?
    Patriot Games. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoircat
  • Cowboy said:
    You know how you can read a book and you wish it wouldn't end? When it does end, it leaves you wanting more?  The Splendid and the Vile by Erik Larson was like that. I love how he writes.
    synopsis?
    NotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoircat
  • Cowboy said:
    You know how you can read a book and you wish it wouldn't end? When it does end, it leaves you wanting more?  The Splendid and the Vile by Erik Larson was like that. I love how he writes.
    We've read a few of his books and always enjoyed them. Isaac's Storm is relevant to us since it's about the Galveston hurricane of 1900. Funny story: we were given his book Dead Wake about the sinking of the Lusitania to read when we joined a book club while on a cruise!
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoircat
  • Cowboy said:
    We've read a few of his books and always enjoyed them. Isaac's Storm is relevant to us since it's about the Galveston hurricane of 1900. Funny story: we were given his book Dead Wake about the sinking of the Lusitania to read when we joined a book club while on a cruise!
    That's like watching the Airport '77 movie on a plane!
    BevVincentNotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoircat
  • Cowboy said:
    I tweeted him after we got back -- he was greatly amused!
    Hedda GablerNotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoircat
  • Cowboy said:
    synopsis?
    ....gesundheit!!.....
    Hedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoircat
  • silly boy.
    GNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoircat
  • Cowboy said:
    Or reading Flight or Fright on one. :D 
    NotaroGNTLGNTBevVincentHedda Gablercat
  • Necro Files Two Decades of Extreme Horror by Cheryl Mullenax.....working my way through this, and Ray Garton's "Bait" is a piece that will haunt me long time.......also finished a "re-play" if you will, of "On Writing".....enjoyed the boy's contributions.....
    Notarocat
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Necro Files Two Decades of Extreme Horror by Cheryl Mullenax.....working my way through this, and Ray Garton's "Bait" is a piece that will haunt me long time.......also finished a "re-play" if you will, of "On Writing".....enjoyed the boy's contributions.....
    I love books filled with short stories.  They are just my achilles heal.  I want them all.
    NotaroGNTLGNTcatnot_nadine
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Necro Files Two Decades of Extreme Horror by Cheryl Mullenax.....working my way through this, and Ray Garton's "Bait" is a piece that will haunt me long time.......also finished a "re-play" if you will, of "On Writing".....enjoyed the boy's contributions.....
    I love books filled with short stories.  They are just my achilles heal.  I want them all.
    The master of the short story, in my opinion, was Edgar Allen Poe. 
    catGNTLGNT
  • .....Bev?.....forgive my ignorance, but are the books pictured in your page banner-all ones you have stories/reviews in?...... 
    NotaroEdwardJohnFlakeNoirHedda Gablercat
  • GNTLGNT said:
    .....Bev?.....forgive my ignorance, but are the books pictured in your page banner-all ones you have stories/reviews in?...... 
    I searched a few of them, they all do seem to be Bev books. :)
    catGNTLGNT
  • GNTLGNT said:
    .....Bev?.....forgive my ignorance, but are the books pictured in your page banner-all ones you have stories/reviews in?...... 
    Yep, Bev is prolific. :) 
    Hedda GablerEdwardJohncatGNTLGNT
  • Not that pleasant a day so I'm re-reading this classic comic, always wondered why nobody ever tried to adapt it for the big screen...

Hedda GablercatFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Yes, it represents some of the places in which my work has been published. I should update it with more current titles.
    NotaroEdwardJohnHedda GablercatFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Currently going through David Copperfield. :)
    catGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Currently reading The Office: The Untold Story and Ellen Datlow's latest anthology, Final Cuts.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoircatGNTLGNT
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Yes, it represents some of the places in which my work has been published. I should update it with more current titles.
    ....excellent, thank you....and I have awesome skills of observation huh?......
    BevVincentHedda GablerFlakeNoirNotarocat
  • I am having serious focus issues here of late.  I have so many books I need to finish.  To start. To buy.  

My copy of The Best of Cemetery Dance was delivered last week and the thing is huge.  Which that means it's packed with great stories but it's daunting me.  Throwing gang signs at me.  I think it tried to #MeToo me last night.  

My days of really efficient multi-tasking are behind me.  I'm a one task woman now and my focus is unfocused.

FlakeNoirNotarocatGNTLGNT
  • I am having serious focus issues here of late.  I have so many books I need to finish.  To start. To buy.  

My copy of The Best of Cemetery Dance was delivered last week and the thing is huge.  Which that means it's packed with great stories but it's daunting me.  Throwing gang signs at me.  I think it tried to #MeToo me last night.  

My days of really efficient multi-tasking are behind me.  I'm a one task woman now and my focus is unfocused.

I hear you! I've got 4 going right now and I'm just terrible at doing this... it used to be my super-power! I miss my youth and free time. Sigh.
    NotarocatHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • Taking a break from serious reading. Found several series of what is called "cozy mysteries". Cute books that are quick reads with a mystery to solve in each. 
    NotarocatHedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • spideyman said:
    Taking a break from serious reading. Found several series of what is called "cozy mysteries". Cute books that are quick reads with a mystery to solve in each. 
    Who's the author(s)?  Maybe I need something like this to kick start my reading.
    catGNTLGNTFlakeNoirspideyman

oooo SHINY - Pop Culture - funny celebrity pictures
    NotaroFlakeNoirHedda Gabler