Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Movies Are You Viewing?

Comments

• edited June 2020
    I watched THE VAST OF NIGHT (Amazon Prime) this morning -- a fascinating "there's something up there" story told in an intriguing manner.

NotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoircat
  • Got a good chuckle watching this....

GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoircat
  • Notaro said:
    Got a good chuckle watching this....

THat was clever.  And the truth.  They don't know anything about this virus.  So many contradictory suggestions and guidelines.  Until they know, I'm doing my best.  
    GNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoircat
  • ....sums up every damn news story and Op-Ed piece on the interwebs.....unless it doesn't.....
    Hedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoircat
  • Watched Artemis Fowl, didn't really do anything for me, I've not read any of the books so I can't compare but the movie was a bit of a lazy mess, impressive cast and special effects and with Branagh they had a top notch director but I found the whole thing a soulless experience, maybe it'll find it's audience somewhere down the line but I couldn't sit through it again. 

GNTLGNTFlakeNoircat
  • Notaro said:
    Watched Artemis Fowl, didn't really do anything for me, I've not read any of the books so I can't compare but the movie was a bit of a lazy mess, impressive cast and special effects and with Branagh they had a top notch director but I found the whole thing a soulless experience, maybe it'll find it's audience somewhere down the line but I couldn't sit through it again. 

good review, I have no interest in this but maybe the people who've read the books will enjoy it.
  • I watched "King Arthur: Legend of the Sword" last night. I really enjoyed it. :) 

GNTLGNTNotaroHedda Gablercat
  • FlakeNoir said:
    I watched "King Arthur: Legend of the Sword" last night. I really enjoyed it. :) 

....I was absolutely enchanted by Arthur when I was young, need to check this out.....
    NotaroFlakeNoircat
  • FlakeNoir said:
    I watched "King Arthur: Legend of the Sword" last night. I really enjoyed it. :) 

Is this Charlie?  Do we get to see King Arthur's ass?  Because, if that's Charlie, King Arthur has an amazing back profile.
  • FlakeNoir said:

Is this Charlie?  Do we get to see King Arthur's ass?  Because, if that's Charlie, King Arthur has an amazing back profile.
    .....hmmmm, can't recall that title in my collection of childhood literature...."King Arthur's Ass"....will have to go dust em off and check that out.....gawd help me if there's one about his "sword".....
  • edited June 2020
    I should've said that Charlie has an amazing ass-et there.  
  • edited June 2020
    Has anyone watched the movie, SHIRLEY staring Elizabeth Moss on HULU?  It's about Shirley Jackson and sounds really interesting.  I didn't realize that she had mental issues.  
    NotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoircat
  • .....I have a set of old suspense/horror/monster movies that Tracy gifted me many years ago, and I figured it was high time I get into them......will be watching these as time allows and my first foray was to 1939 and Jamaica Inn.....Alfred Hitchcock's last English film, before he came to the US.  The inimitable Charles Laughton was the star and kept an otherwise bland story of cutthroat seaside thieves, quite entertaining.....
    NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoircat
  • edited June 2020
    The Limey, from the Criterion Collection.

This stars Terence Stamp, Peter Fonda and Lesley Ann Warren with lots of familiar faces.
  • edited June 2020
    GNTLGNT said:
    .....I have a set of old suspense/horror/monster movies that Tracy gifted me many years ago, and I figured it was high time I get into them......will be watching these as time allows and my first foray was to 1939 and Jamaica Inn.....Alfred Hitchcock's last English film, before he came to the US.  The inimitable Charles Laughton was the star and kept an otherwise bland story of cutthroat seaside thieves, quite entertaining.....
    I love old horror and suspense, Noir stuff.  It is such a time capsule of what was, the good and the bad.

Not getting into anything hot topic and not trying to elicit any responses, but I hate what is happening right now with creative content.   

Don't watch what offends you! But for the love of God, don't tell me what I can or can't watch -- or laugh about or cry over or feel rage, disgust, sympathy, pain, joy, love, hope, despair! 

Let me feel my feels.  They are unique to me and I want to experience them! 

NotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoircat
  • GNTLGNT said:
    .....I have a set of old suspense/horror/monster movies that Tracy gifted me many years ago, and I figured it was high time I get into them......will be watching these as time allows and my first foray was to 1939 and Jamaica Inn.....Alfred Hitchcock's last English film, before he came to the US.  The inimitable Charles Laughton was the star and kept an otherwise bland story of cutthroat seaside thieves, quite entertaining.....
    I only managed to catch Jamaica Inn for the first time a few months ago, really enjoyed it, Laughton was a superb actor.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoircat
  • Notaro said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    I only managed to catch Jamaica Inn for the first time a few months ago, really enjoyed it, Laughton was a superb actor.
    ....he was one of the first I believe to rip the fabric of the fabled "third wall", because there were several "nudges and winks" to the audience that I'm sure weren't in Hitch's plans.....
    NotaroFlakeNoircat
  • GNTLGNT said:
    I love old horror and suspense, Noir stuff.  It is such a time capsule of what was, the good and the bad.

Not getting into anything hot topic and not trying to elicit any responses, but I hate what is happening right now with creative content.   

Don't watch what offends you! But for the love of God, don't tell me what I can or can't watch -- or laugh about or cry over or feel rage, disgust, sympathy, pain, joy, love, hope, despair! 

Let me feel my feels.  They are unique to me and I want to experience them! 

....yes!....shaddap ya face and let me live my cinematic travels as I wish....helmet and seat belt optional.....
  • .....The Demon(1979)......wish it would've have stayed in the pit.....Holy Crap, whatta piece of donkey excrement.....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNotarocat
  • Demons never stay in the pit.  
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTcat
  • FlakeNoir said:

Hahahahahaha. Yes, Charlie... wasn't king Arthur hot?! :D 
    NotaroGNTLGNTcat
  • FlakeNoir said:
    FlakeNoir said:

Butt, you didn't answer the question.  Do we get to King Arthur's hot asset?
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTcat
  • FlakeNoir said:
    FlakeNoir said:

Butt, you didn't answer the question.  Do we get to King Arthur's hot asset?
    You'll have to watch the movie to see. :D 
    NotaroGNTLGNTHedda Gablercat