Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Movies Are You Viewing?

Comments

• edited July 2020
    I've been watching Criterion Channel -- Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf. 

I really enjoyed watching the performances in this one.  Another George Segal (have Duchess and the Dirtwater Fox in progress),  Sandy Dennis, (a very odd actress in every part I've ever seen her do), Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton.  And Criterion also has Segal's version with Jane Fonda of Fun with Dick and Jane which is much better than that  remake with Jim Carrey.

Also, The Handmaid's Tale with Robert Duvall and Faye Dunaway is playing. That is worth a watch if you have read the books, watch the TV series especially.  But a good view for someone who knows nothing about Atwood's creation.  

Bullitt is there too, with Steve McQueen.  I've never seen this one but it seems to be pretty popular with movie watchers.
    FlakeNoirNotarocatGNTLGNT
  • Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf. 

I just love this movie.
    FlakeNoirNotarocatGNTLGNT
  • Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf. 

I just love this movie.
    I have watched this movie so many times.  The performances are so good.
    NotaroFlakeNoircatGNTLGNT
  • Truly Miss Marple, The Curious Case Of Margaret Rutherford 

FlakeNoirHedda GablercatGNTLGNT
  • I just checked out the Netflix Eurovision movie ... sigh ... Will Ferrill is becoming the new Adam Sandler. It was still enjoyable right enough. 
    catGNTLGNT
  • Last night I watched

Cake...Jennifer Aniston. It managed to be depressing and uplifting at the same time. 

Gosford Park... I watched it years ago and didn't like it. Wanted to try again but I did not like it any better this time. So dry! Pretty great ensemble cast though. 

Today I have watched

Hidden Figures...  I very much enjoyed this one. Very inspiring. 

Yesterday... Struggling musician wakes in the hospital after a freak event and finds out no one knows who The Beatles are. So he pretends their songs are his. Pretty cute little movie. 
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • cat said:
    Last night I watched

Cake...Jennifer Aniston. It managed to be depressing and uplifting at the same time. 

Gosford Park... I watched it years ago and didn't like it. Wanted to try again but I did not like it any better this time. So dry! Pretty great ensemble cast though. 

Today I have watched

Hidden Figures...  I very much enjoyed this one. Very inspiring. 

Yesterday... Struggling musician wakes in the hospital after a freak event and finds out no one knows who The Beatles are. So he pretends their songs are his. Pretty cute little movie. 
    I was exactly the same with you on Gosford Park.  But I've never tried to watch it again. Now I won't.   :D

I thought Yesterday was quite sweet, but it irritated me when they would start a Beatle song and we only got a snippet of it and then they would move on.  I wanted the whole song because the guy was doing a great job singing them!
    NotarocatFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Tonight Deadpool was on TV, I'd forgotten how funny it was. Ryan Reynolds is great in this. 
    NotaroEdwardJohnGNTLGNTcatghost19
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Tonight Deadpool was on TV, I'd forgotten how funny it was. Ryan Reynolds is great in this. 
    I prefer the sequel, but the first is pretty good as well. :)
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Bev, what was your opinion of the Cell movie?
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • I thought it was terrible. Even the opening credits were poorly executed. Having seen it, I finally understood why it took so long to find distribution. It’s one of my least favorite King novels, but I thought the cast might come through. I felt bad for them. 
    FlakeNoirEdwardJohnHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • I thought it was terrible. Even the opening credits were poorly executed. Having seen it, I finally understood why it took so long to find distribution. It’s one of my least favorite King novels, but I thought the cast might come through. I felt bad for them. 
    Do you know what the case was with the screenwriting credits? Steve is credited as a writer, along with Adam Alleca, does this mean that they both worked on the story/dialogue, or is it simply because Steve offered a new ending? I do not think that they gave Steve a screenwriter credit just because he wrote the book, but do you think that Steve wrote a script then Adam Alleca re-wrote it, or they worked on it together?
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • I don't recall the details. I suspect King wrote a script which he then turned over to the co-writer. I didn't have any particular issues with the script--but the directing and editing were terrible. I think they used the actors' worst takes throughout. Cusack looks like he'd rather be home doing Sudoku.
    Hedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoirEdwardJohnGNTLGNT
  • I'm currently watching Pompeii -- that Corvus is a complete a$$hole. 
    EdwardJohnHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • Oh my... I didn't know it was going to end this way.  :'(
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • FlakeNoir said:
    I'm currently watching Pompeii -- that Corvus is a complete a$$hole. 
    The film? 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • I'm looking forward to the new Tom Hanks movie, which will be released on Apple+ TV tomorrow.

Hedda GablercatGNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoirEdwardJohn
  • I'm looking forward to the new Tom Hanks movie, which will be released on Apple+ TV tomorrow.

That looks tense and suspenseful
    BevVincentcatGNTLGNTNotaro
  • ....Tom is one of the top talents of our generation.....plus, he's a damned nice guy....
    NotaroFlakeNoir
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....Tom is one of the top talents of our generation.....plus, he's a damned nice guy....
    I think so too, but I know a guy whose grandson was working in Hollywood.  Getting parts in the background on TV shows, but not enough to make a living.  So, he worked at some clothing store as his day job.

Tom came in with a couple of his kids to shop and they closed the whole store down for them to shop privately.  Apparently he was a huge ass to them.  

I want to believe that Tom was just having a bad day like we all do from time to time and unfortunately took it out on the store employees.

GNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoir
  • FlakeNoir said:
    The film? 
    Indeed. 
    NotaroGNTLGNT

I don't know if I've mentioned this Bev, but... 

:D 
    NotaroGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....Tom is one of the top talents of our generation.....plus, he's a damned nice guy....
    I think so too, but I know a guy whose grandson was working in Hollywood.  Getting parts in the background on TV shows, but not enough to make a living.  So, he worked at some clothing store as his day job.

Tom came in with a couple of his kids to shop and they closed the whole store down for them to shop privately.  Apparently he was a huge ass to them.  

I want to believe that Tom was just having a bad day like we all do from time to time and unfortunately took it out on the store employees.

Well damn, Deejers... you can't do this to me.
    Not Tom...?
    Oh....

....no. 
    Sigh. 
     :/ 
    NotaroGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • FlakeNoir said:
    The film? 
    Forgot this was the movie thread. (Star Trek Emoji)
    GNTLGNT
  • GNTLGNT said:

I have heard somthing of the same about Tom Hanks. 
    GNTLGNTHedda Gabler