Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Scott's Photo Shop-The Sequel

Comments

• ....Main Bath, again stuck in the 60's....
    NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoircatSundrop
  • ...we had the narrow doorway removed, and put in a sliding barn door to close off the space......
  • ...main bath shower, whole room is much brighter feeling, and we gained about 8 inches of extra width beside the toilet....fat boy here was smacking his elbow hard every time he tried to do ummm....paperwork.....
  • ....she is painting the original living room woodwork.....it's pretty, but very dark and draws the room into quite a confining feel....

• ....the only room that is essentially finished was the dining room of the house when I was a child, and up to the point of my parents passing-remained so....we have converted it to a sitting room....before and after pics follow.....

NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoircat
  • .....the cabinet and speakers are a stereo that my father built many years ago......
    Hedda GablercatSundrop
  • ....as it stands today.....
  • All I can say Scott is WOW.....that's a hell of a transformation, massive kudos to both of you. The place looks brand new. 
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoircatSundrop
  • ...thank ya!....I just tote stuff around.....my design sense is early Junior High and I paint like a spastic ostrich.....Tracy gets the kudos, and she has been very careful to check before she makes any changes....she understands this is where I grew up.....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoircatSundrop
  • edited May 2020
    Wow Scott!  I love what you guys have done.  Yes, the white really opens up that space while keeping the integrity of the room.

I love the cabinet your dad made, it looks like beautiful craftsmanship.

I so want a barn door in my house, but I do not have one place I could even incorporate one unless I did a major reno.  

I love the floor in your bedroom, I'm thinking about doing the same in my room.  Along with the new floor, I want to put up brick faux "paneling."  The stuff that looks like real brick with very textured grout and rough bricks.  I want the room to have a  New York loft vibe.

Just a really terrific update.  Keep showing us as you go along. Maybe you'll inspire me to make some changes.
    FlakeNoircatSundrop
  • ...thanks Deej!......the flooring wasn't overly stupid in price, and we ran it from the bedroom down the hallway also.....there are two long closets or "clothes presses" as they were known in the day on either side as you exit the Master Bedroom....so it tied all that together.....plus, my Dad made lined one whole closet with cedar....that's where they kept most of their infrequently worn things....still smells good even after 56 years.....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoircatSundrop
  • edited May 2020
    GNTLGNT said:
    ...thanks Deej!......the flooring wasn't overly stupid in price, and we ran it from the bedroom down the hallway also.....there are two long closets or "clothes presses" as they were known in the day on either side as you exit the Master Bedroom....so it tied all that together.....plus, my Dad made lined one whole closet with cedar....that's where they kept most of their infrequently worn things....still smells good even after 56 years.....
    I have a couple small closets that I'm going to line with cedar.  They have these kits at Lowe's that look easy enough.  Just a matter of figuring out how many kits I would need per closet.

That's where the math comes in.  Poor, poor me and that math thing.   Both my grandfather and father graduated from college with math degrees, and my sister graduated as a teacher and is this math brainiac thing.  I think the math genes just got all used up by the time I came around.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoircatSundrop
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ...thanks Deej!......the flooring wasn't overly stupid in price, and we ran it from the bedroom down the hallway also.....there are two long closets or "clothes presses" as they were known in the day on either side as you exit the Master Bedroom....so it tied all that together.....plus, my Dad made lined one whole closet with cedar....that's where they kept most of their infrequently worn things....still smells good even after 56 years.....
    I have a couple small closets that I'm going to line with cedar.  They have these kits at Lowe's that look easy enough.  Just a matter of figuring out how many kits I would need per closet.

That's where the math comes in.  Poor, poor me and that math thing.   Both my grandfather and father graduated from college with math degrees, and my sister graduated as a teacher and is this math brainiac thing.  I think the math genes just got all used up by the time I came around.
    ....same here.....anything beyond basic skills, I am a toddler in a wolf infested forest....
    FlakeNoircatSundrop
  • Love that floor in the bedroom, Scott, great color choice. Place is looking great!
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoircatSundrop
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ...thank ya!....I just tote stuff around.....my design sense is early Junior High and I paint like a spastic ostrich.....Tracy gets the kudos, and she has been very careful to check before she makes any changes....she understands this is where I grew up.....
    I totally hear this.

When my mom died, we obviously had to sell her house.  The lady she wanted us to use lived across the street.  

Now, I grew up in a nice neighborhood.  Doctors, lawyers, a judge -- business people lived there and many retired there.  So, while it was still a desirable location, location, location when she died,  the homes had aged.  My family home was very nice, but needed upgrades.  Needed some things brought up to today's codes.  I was fully aware that while still a very nice home, it was not today's styles.  Mom had done some upgrades, but others still needed doing.

The agent my mom wanted us to go with was the judge's wife and had lived across the street probably 25 years, or else I would've dumped the bitch flat.  The tone she used when talking about the upgrades was very disrespectful. Again, while I was fully aware things needed spruced up and this was business, she was talking about my childhood home and my parent's home.  She needed to respect that.  Very special people lived here and you best watch how you word things.  Watch your tone.

To say I was highly sensitive to her lack of manners when speaking to her clients about their property they hired her to sell is an understatement. 

One day her demands and the attitude got to be one  'tude too much and I told her that we were not doing another thing to this house.  If she wanted something done, she would have to dip into her commission to make it so.

Pretty effective cease and desist tactic when their commission comes into play.

NotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoircatSundrop
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ...thank ya!....I just tote stuff around.....my design sense is early Junior High and I paint like a spastic ostrich.....Tracy gets the kudos, and she has been very careful to check before she makes any changes....she understands this is where I grew up.....
    I totally hear this.

When my mom died, we obviously had to sell her house.  The lady she wanted us to use lived across the street.  

Now, I grew up in a nice neighborhood.  Doctors, lawyers, a judge -- business people lived there and many retired there.  So, while it was still a desirable location, location, location when she died,  the homes had aged.  My family home was very nice, but needed upgrades.  Needed some things brought up to today's codes.  I was fully aware that while still a very nice home, it was not today's styles.  Mom had done some upgrades, but others still needed doing.

The agent my mom wanted us to go with was the judge's wife and had lived across the street probably 25 years, or else I would've dumped the bitch flat.  The tone she used when talking about the upgrades was very disrespectful. Again, while I was fully aware things needed spruced up and this was business, she was talking about my childhood home and my parent's home.  She needed to respect that.  Very special people lived here and you best watch how you word things.  Watch your tone.

To say I was highly sensitive to her lack of manners when speaking to her clients about their property they hired her to sell is an understatement. 

One day her demands and the attitude got to be one  'tude too much and I told her that we were not doing another thing to this house.  If she wanted something done, she would have to dip into her commission to make it so.

Pretty effective cease and desist tactic when their commission comes into play.

....beautiful!.....we had a realtor tell us once to bring the asking price down on a house, but put more money in it to sell it.....he didn't appreciate the suggestion of where he could tuck his yard sign.....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNotarocatSundrop
  • ....this little bandit comes to see us quite often.....
    Hedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoircatSundrop
  • ....then there's goofball who fought with his reflection in the window behind him for like 15 minutes.....not sure which one lost :D ....
  • ....found this on one of our backwoods drives and got quite a chuckle.....
  • edited June 2020
    ....this used to be a flower and shrub garden......it's what I cleared yesterday, will post a pic when we get them downloaded.....the orange rhododendron and burning bush to the far right were saved and the Rose of Sharon to the rear left.....hummingbirds and butterflies love the ROS.....
  • ....The Ranch from a corner of the backyard......landscaping is another project around the foundation....
  • My advice, be careful what you plant.   You want controllable things, not bug attractors, and nothing viney.  That's going to put roots out that can get big and thick to tear into your foundation.  

I'm sure you know this, especially after cleaning out the flower and shrub garden.  And I just spent all day yesterday cutting out twisted and numerous roots that were tearing up the fence.  It's repaired finally and while it all looked beautiful, I'm getting too old to maintain all that.  I want to work smart, not hard and you can have beauty without the hours and hours of upkeep.
    GNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoircatSundrop