Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Scott's Photo Shop-The Sequel

Comments

• We took Lily with us yesterday when we went to get the safe. It was a nice drive, about 70 miles and into South Dakota. She loves to get to go with! 

She is 10 1/2 months old now. 
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTSundrop
  • edited July 2020
    Both of them are adorable. 

10  1/2 months?  She's a damn horse.  Is she done growing or will she get bigger?  She's got a beautiful face.
    catNotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTSundrop
  • @cat I've forgotten, where did you get her?
    catNotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • I don't know, she may still get a bit bigger but if so, she has slowed down. But, yes she is huge! And she is finally finding her voice. She has always been quiet, but she has figured out her baying howl and we get treated to it more often now.  :D

She loves everyone, but Scott is her person. She about knocks him down the stairs when he gets home from work, and then she climbs right up in his lap even though she is entirely too big for that.  ;)

She is a great dog. When I was so upset over Evan moving out, she knew it and she climbed up in MY lap and gave me lots of kisses. She is very sweet tempered. 
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTSundrop
  • I love it.  
    catFlakeNoirGNTLGNTSundrop
  • @cat I've forgotten, where did you get her?
    We bought her from a blood hound breeder here in Wyoming. I know you have to be careful about breeders, but these people are very good and responsible, not puppy mill type. They are registered or licensed or whatever it is to breed them.  Lily is papered and has always had clean bill of health from the vet. We have recommended them to others, and have no doubts about doing so. Scott has kept them up to date with pics which they enjoy and any time he has had a question, they have been more than happy to help.  :)
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTSundrop
  • That's great.  There are responsible breeders out there.  People just have to be careful and pay attention.   

catNotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTSundrop
  • Notaro said:
    Such a pretty picture.  What type of plant is he on?
    Alas Hedda I have no idea what it is,  here's the plant in full, any idea?

This is called "Flax" in New Zealand, i have a huge plant of this growing outside of my lounge window and our native bird the "Tui" loves to eat from those flower pod thingees.
    I pulled some of the smaller flax seedlings that spring up every so often and planted them down behind our house by the river, they all took off really well and now we have beautiful Tui birdsong every morning. 

Tui  Flax Bush photo
    NotaroGNTLGNTcatHedda GablerSundrop
  • I will spare all of you, but I sent Flakers a drumming video because i am bored and I am boring.  bwhaoheohaohaha!

I loved it! (I won't talk (more) about the feet... lol)
    NotaroGNTLGNTcatHedda GablerSundrop
  • Both of them are adorable. 

10  1/2 months?  She's a damn horse.  Is she done growing or will she get bigger?  She's got a beautiful face.
    Large breed dogs usually don't stop growing until around 18 months of age, it's important to keep them on a puppy food diet until that age so that they're getting enough protein for their growth. My Mac boy gets to graduate to adult dog food in November. 
    [/useless facts] 
    GNTLGNTcatHedda GablerSundrop
  • cat said:
    I don't know, she may still get a bit bigger but if so, she has slowed down. But, yes she is huge! And she is finally finding her voice. She has always been quiet, but she has figured out her baying howl and we get treated to it more often now.  :D

She loves everyone, but Scott is her person. She about knocks him down the stairs when he gets home from work, and then she climbs right up in his lap even though she is entirely too big for that.  ;)

She is a great dog. When I was so upset over Evan moving out, she knew it and she climbed up in MY lap and gave me lots of kisses. She is very sweet tempered. 
    ....what a great looking hound, and they are very loyal and lovable.....I have jowls that look just like that!!.....
    NotarocatFlakeNoirHedda GablerSundrop
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Both of them are adorable. 

Large breed dogs usually don't stop growing until around 18 months of age, it's important to keep them on a puppy food diet until that age so that they're getting enough protein for their growth. My Mac boy gets to graduate to adult dog food in November. 
    [/useless facts] 
    Pin on Unconditional Love
    NotarocatFlakeNoirHedda GablerSundrop
  • ...purple finch in the rain....hence the peeved expression....how I imagine Notaro looks about now.....
    FlakeNoirHedda GablercatNotaroSundrop
  • ...Tracy has a good eye....
    FlakeNoirNotaroHedda GablercatSundrop
  • She really does.  Has she thought about submitting her photos to nature magazines?
    catGNTLGNTFlakeNoirSundrop
  • She really does.  Has she thought about submitting her photos to nature magazines?
    ....she has a poor self-image when it comes to her talent......she did win a calendar photo contest a few years ago when two of her pics were uhhh, picked.....
    NotaroFlakeNoirSundropcat
  • GNTLGNT said:
    She really does.  Has she thought about submitting her photos to nature magazines?
    ....she has a poor self-image when it comes to her talent......she did win a calendar photo contest a few years ago when two of her pics were uhhh, picked.....
    You should pick a couple and submit them without telling her.  If nothing comes of it, no harm no foul.  If something does, what a fantastic surprise!
    GNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoirSundropcat
  • ....ok, more things from the off the beaten path photo ops.....

NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoirSundropcat
  • edited July 2020
    ....the clearing where the hooded killer lives, there's even a stake in the back to hang his mallet from, on those rare days off.....
    NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoirSundropcat

• Went into the city centre here in Dublin this morning, for the first time in about four months, ostensibly to pick up a couple of books, the book hunt was a let down so I took a few snaps and headed back home. Still, it was a nice day for a stroll around.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoirSundropcat
  • I never made it to Dublin when I went on vacation in Ireland many years ago. It's on my list of places to see if I ever feel comfortable flying again.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoirSundropcat
  • Notaro said:

Went into the city centre here in Dublin this morning, for the first time in about four months, ostensibly to pick up a couple of books, the book hunt was a let down so I took a few snaps and headed back home. Still, it was a nice day for a stroll around.
    Your skies were so bright blue, and then overcast.  You say it was a nice day, but it looks cold in those gray shots and warm in the blue shots.  Amazing what a change in the sky can do for the atmosphere of a picture.
    NotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoirSundropcat
  • Notaro said:

Went into the city centre here in Dublin this morning, for the first time in about four months, ostensibly to pick up a couple of books, the book hunt was a let down so I took a few snaps and headed back home. Still, it was a nice day for a stroll around.
    .....how wonderful my friend!........thank you for the "tour".....
    Hedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoircat