Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Scott's Photo Shop-The Sequel

Comments

• ....oh yeah, I know that....even when dad didn't think I was listening, I actually absorbed some stuff.....I hates me viny/rooty shite.....kill it with FIRE!.....
    NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoircat
  • ...got to "hunt" this lil fella on our last back road ride.....
    NotaroFlakeNoircat
  • ....just below The Ranch.....
    NotaroFlakeNoircat
  • How do you take such incredible pictures?  How far away are you?  It's like they are posing for you.
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTcat
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ...got to "hunt" this lil fella on our last back road ride.....
    Oh my gosh, this little guy is stunning!
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTcat
  • How do you take such incredible pictures?  How far away are you?  It's like they are posing for you.
    ....I'm the wheelman on the back road expiditions, Tracy is the photographer, and she has a very good eye.....this pic, we were about 20 feet away-broad daylight, and he was very chill....luck has a lot to do with it and what makes it fun....
    FlakeNoircat
  • Sitting out in the sun and noticed this little guy having a rummage,

GNTLGNTcatFlakeNoir
  • Such a pretty picture.  What type of plant is he on?
    NotaroGNTLGNTcat
  • Such a pretty picture.  What type of plant is he on?
    Alas Hedda I have no idea what it is,  here's the plant in full, any idea?

GNTLGNTcatFlakeNoir
  • It looks familiar, but I'm not sure?
    GNTLGNTcatFlakeNoir
  • I will spare all of you, but I sent Flakers a drumming video because i am bored and I am boring.  bwhaoheohaohaha!

NotaroGNTLGNTcatFlakeNoir
  • Notaro said:
    Sitting out in the sun and noticed this little guy having a rummage,

...tis a great picture mate!......
    NotarocatFlakeNoir
  • ....will try to figure out what the plant is.....
    NotarocatFlakeNoir
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....will try to figure out what the plant is.....
    Thanks Scott.
    cat
  • While we're on the topic of identifying plants, anyone have any idea what the hell this one is? It's another one in my back yard, it just keeps getting taller...

GNTLGNTHedda GablercatFlakeNoir
  • ....no idea mate, and I can't get quite right flower either.....I say it's all alien spore and you should move right away.....
    NotaroHedda Gablercat
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....no idea mate, and I can't get quite right flower either.....I say it's all alien spore and you should move right away.....
    Whatever the hell it is wasps and bees love it, there's always quite a few of each crawling all over it at any given time, I'm ok with bees but wasps.......no......I don't like wasps at all, nasty aggressive vindictive little bast*rds. 
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTcat
  • Do you have an iPhone? There's a great app called PlantNet that identifies plantlife if you take a photograph of it.
    Hedda GablerNotaroGNTLGNTcat
  • Do you have an iPhone? There's a great app called PlantNet that identifies plantlife if you take a photograph of it.
    That's so brilliant.  

You can find anything on the internet.  I've seen that flowering plant. I've seen it.  But I have no idea what it's called.

The tree/bush thing Notaro, not a clue.  Does it flower?  Does it get little pods or anything else that could help identify it?
    BevVincentcat
    Thanks for that Bev, I grabbed that app, will test it when I get home. 
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTBevVincentcat
  • Notaro said:
    Do you have an iPhone? There's a great app called PlantNet that identifies plantlife if you take a photograph of it.
    Be sure and fill us in!  I must know what the flowering bush thing is!
    GNTLGNTNotarocat
  • Notaro said:
    Do you have an iPhone? There's a great app called PlantNet that identifies plantlife if you take a photograph of it.
    Be sure and fill us in!  I must know what the flowering bush thing is!
    With the app the closest I can find to the tall plant with the white flowers is one called Sambucus Nigra. The leaf shape and the flower seem to be identical to the monstrosity in my garden. The one with the banana shaped yellow flowers seems to be one called Phormium Tenax. The app seems to operate from a base of submissions form it's users. It's a good call from Bev.
    BevVincentGNTLGNTcatFlakeNoir
  • Notaro said:With the app the closest I can find to the tall plant with the white flowers is one called Sambucus Nigra. The leaf shape and the flower seem to be identical to the monstrosity in my garden. The one with the banana shaped yellow flowers seems to be one called Phormium Tenax. The app seems to operate from a base of submissions form it's users. It's a good call from Bev.
    Sambucus Nigra = elderberry.
    Phormium Tenax seems unlikely since it's native to New Zealand
    NotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNTcatFlakeNoir
  • Notaro said:With the app the closest I can find to the tall plant with the white flowers is one called Sambucus Nigra. The leaf shape and the flower seem to be identical to the monstrosity in my garden. The one with the banana shaped yellow flowers seems to be one called Phormium Tenax. The app seems to operate from a base of submissions form it's users. It's a good call from Bev.
    Maybe it went to Ireland as an invasive species?  It sure looks the same.
    NotaroGNTLGNTcatFlakeNoir
    Maybe it went to Ireland as an invasive species?  It sure looks the same.
    We bought it in a garden centre a couple of years ago,  simply had no idea how big it would get. 
    GNTLGNTcatFlakeNoir