Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Scott's Photo Shop-The Sequel

Comments

• edited June 2020
    Notaro said:
    Notaro said:With the app the closest I can find to the tall plant with the white flowers is one called Sambucus Nigra. The leaf shape and the flower seem to be identical to the monstrosity in my garden. The one with the banana shaped yellow flowers seems to be one called Phormium Tenax. The app seems to operate from a base of submissions form it's users. It's a good call from Bev.
    Sambucus Nigra = elderberry.
    Phormium Tenax seems unlikely since it's native to New Zealand
    Maybe it went to Ireland as an invasive species?  It sure looks the same.
    We bought it in a garden centre a couple of years ago,  simply had no idea how big it would get. 
    I meant maybe it came there as an invasive species a 100 years ago and then just became part of the norm.   Some whacky New Zealander smuggled seeds in their duffle bag while visiting your shores.   :D

It's an interesting plant.  
    Notarocat
  • Notaro said:
    Notaro said:With the app the closest I can find to the tall plant with the white flowers is one called Sambucus Nigra. The leaf shape and the flower seem to be identical to the monstrosity in my garden. The one with the banana shaped yellow flowers seems to be one called Phormium Tenax. The app seems to operate from a base of submissions form it's users. It's a good call from Bev.
    We bought it in a garden centre a couple of years ago,  simply had no idea how big it would get. 
    ....oh mate, you too??......

Thats what she said  BustedTeescom
    NotaroHedda GablercatSundrop
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Notaro said:

Nooooooooooooo.........
    GNTLGNTcat
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Notaro said:

bwhaoehohaohaheoaiheroihaohahaaaaa!
    NotarocatSundrop
  • ....from one of our drives...." I say, can anyone help me locate Penrose Road?''.......
    NotarocatSundrop
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....from one of our drives...." I say, can anyone help me locate Penrose Road?''.......
    oh hell no!  Don't trust that at all.  It's one of those horror scenarios where people pick the wrong road and end up bludgeoned near a swamp.
    NotaroGNTLGNTcatSundrop
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....from one of our drives...." I say, can anyone help me locate Penrose Road?''.......
    oh hell no!  Don't trust that at all.  It's one of those horror scenarios where people pick the wrong road and end up bludgeoned near a swamp.
    ....that would explain the hooded figure with the mallet then.....
    Hedda GablercatSundrop
  • edited June 2020
    GNTLGNT said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    yeah, those vague direction things and mismarked roads are bad enough, but the hooded figure with the mallet is a dead giveway you was set up.
    NotaroGNTLGNTcatSundrop
  • GNTLGNT said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    yeah, those vague direction things and mismarked roads are bad enough, but the hooded figure with the mallet is a dead giveway you was set up.
    ....and the bunnies?......NEVER trust them......they're just frontin' the cuteness....

Meme Maker - Serial killer bunny
    Notarocat
  • GNTLGNT said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    ....and the bunnies?......NEVER trust them......they're just frontin' the cuteness....

Meme Maker - Serial killer bunny
    Good God man! Some things just go without saying!
    GNTLGNTNotarocat
  • ....Baby Meadowlarks.....had never seen any, and then we drove past a field plumb full of em!....
    cat
  • awwwwww.  But this wasn't near the hooded man with a mallet, right?
    GNTLGNTNotarocat
  • ....give y'all a break from the heat....cardinal on our feeder this past Winter.....
    Hedda GablerNotarocatSundrop
  • Gorgeous. I miss see these birds.  
    GNTLGNTcat
  • awwwwww.  But this wasn't near the hooded man with a mallet, right?
    ...nah.....but the scarecrow was a bit sketchy.....
    Hedda GablerNotarocat
  • We need some of your graveyard photos, Scott.
    NotaroGNTLGNTcat
  • We need some of your graveyard photos, Scott.
    ....I will get some new ones....but in the meantime, here are a couple of older ones....

catSundrop
  • edited July 2020
    You know, you really don't see modern memorials like this, do you?  Maybe it's a regional thing?  Or perhaps the cemeteries themselves have their own allowances for statuary.  But I absolutely never see a large angel installed anymore, or these family tomb things.
    GNTLGNTcatSundrop
  • GNTLGNT said:

Wow. That dog one is unusual.  Was that for a pet?  Or a dog lover human?  So beautiful.
    GNTLGNTcatSundrop
  • You know, you really don't see modern memorials like this, do you?  Maybe it's a regional thing?  Or perhaps the cemeteries themselves have their own allowances for statuary.  But I absolutely never see a large angel installed anymore, or these family tomb things.
    ...possibly more prohibitive cost these days....and the dog figure was in a Confederate Cemetery in Virginia, standing eternal watch over a child's grave....
    Hedda GablercatSundrop
  • GNTLGNT said:
    You know, you really don't see modern memorials like this, do you?  Maybe it's a regional thing?  Or perhaps the cemeteries themselves have their own allowances for statuary.  But I absolutely never see a large angel installed anymore, or these family tomb things.
    ...possibly more prohibitive cost these days....and the dog figure was in a Confederate Cemetery in Virginia, standing eternal watch over a child's grave....
    oh wow.  What a story that is.

You know, every single grave marker, there's a story.  When I visit my people, I look around at all the graves, so many graves, and I wonder about the people.  What happened to them comes first, but then I think about other aspects of their lives.

catGNTLGNTSundrop
  • GNTLGNT said:

Right there is a Stephen King book cover in waiting!
    Hedda GablercatGNTLGNT