Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

How Does YOUR Garden Grow?

Comments

• *opens door, walks in, sees above posts, opens mouth, closes it, slowly backs up and closes the door again*   :o 
    Hedda GablerOut of OrdercatFlakeNoirSundropspideymanGNTLGNT
  • Ceefor said:
    *opens door, walks in, sees above posts, opens mouth, closes it, slowly backs up and closes the door again*   :o 
    🤗
    FlakeNoirSundropspideymanGNTLGNTHedda Gablercat
  • My tomatoes may have some kind of blight, my cukes have bugs, my beans are suffering from shrinkage and the cops confiscated my dope plants. Why do I put myself through this every year?😩
    You were supposed to drink the stump water, not give it to your plants!  :tongue:
    Out of OrderFlakeNoirspideymanGNTLGNTHedda Gablercat
  • I thought I’d cut out the middle man...👀
    SundropFlakeNoirspideymanGNTLGNTHedda Gablercat
  • My garden is doing well - we have picked some zucchini and the baby tomatoes are finally turning red. I picked a yellow tomato called Lemon Boy but we haven't tried to cut into it yet.

This is my first year of actively gardening - last summer we were just sort of fooling about, but this year we have a lot more plants, including squash, strawberry, raspberry and peppers. Also - lots of flowers to attract the bees and an assortment of different herbs to keep things interesting.

NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTOut of OrdercatSundrop
  • Neesy said:
    My garden is doing well - we have picked some zucchini and the baby tomatoes are finally turning red. I picked a yellow tomato called Lemon Boy but we haven't tried to cut into it yet.

This is my first year of actively gardening - last summer we were just sort of fooling about, but this year we have a lot more plants, including squash, strawberry, raspberry and peppers. Also - lots of flowers to attract the bees and an assortment of different herbs to keep things interesting.

Sounds like a lot of work is involved there neesy. 
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesyOut of Orderspideymancat
  • Neesy said:
    My garden is doing well - we have picked some zucchini and the baby tomatoes are finally turning red. I picked a yellow tomato called Lemon Boy but we haven't tried to cut into it yet.

Sounds fantastic!  Hope your harvest is good.
    NotaroGNTLGNTNeesyOut of OrderFlakeNoirspideymancat
  • Neesy said:

....I've always felt that an assortment of "herbs" (wink, wink) would keep things interesting....
    NeesyOut of OrderspideymanHedda GablercatSundrop
  • @GNTLGNT(I think this is how to tag you)

No - no special "herbs" but one doctor I saw asked if I was growing any - apparently you can do it legally if you apply for a license. I wouldn't know where to get the seeds!
    (Besides we have a 'Cop Shop' three doors down lol

Out of OrderNotaroGNTLGNTspideymanHedda GablercatSundrop
  • Neesy said:

Why.....why would you cut Lemon Boy?😞
    NeesyNotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTspideymanHedda Gablercat
  • I took a picture - he hasn't been eaten yet :o

(Have you ever tried one?)

Out of OrderNotaroGNTLGNTspideymanHedda Gablercat
  • Neesy said:
    I took a picture - he hasn't been eaten yet :o

Yes, I don’t as a rule name my fruits and veggies, unless of course they help around the house and pay the monthly bills...
    NeesyNotaroFlakeNoirnot_nadineGNTLGNTspideymanHedda Gablercat
  • Neesy said:

Yes, I don’t as a rule name my fruits and veggies, unless of course they help around the house and pay the monthly bills...
    Winnipeg arts and culture - Wikipedia
    I was calling him Golden Boy at first (you'd have to live in Winnipeg to get this)

Out of OrderNotaroGNTLGNTspideymanHedda Gablercat
  • Neesy said:
    Neesy said:

I was calling him Golden Boy at first (you'd have to live in Winnipeg to get this)

Google Seinfeld Golden Boy when you get a second..😊
    NeesyNotaroGNTLGNTspideymanHedda Gablercat
  • Neesy said:
    Neesy said:

Okay - I'm eating him now in a sandwich! Delicious with bacon and mayo

NotaroOut of OrderFlakeNoirGNTLGNTspideymanHedda GablercatSundrop
  • Neesy said:
    Neesy said:

Too small to wear but I found my golden boy  seinfeld
    NotaroOut of OrderNeesyspideymanHedda Gablercat
  • Neesy said:

30 Fruits And Veggies Struggling With Human Problems Hilariously  Illustrated By Artist Alex Solis  DeMilked
    NotaroOut of OrderNeesyHedda Gablercat
  • ^^^This^^^or ^^^That^^^.........
    GNTLGNTNeesyspideymanHedda GablercatFlakeNoir
  • I finally got a beautiful bell pepper.  Gorgeous.  Obviously bone meal was just the ticket.  My butternut squash are just now coming on.  They took forever.  Lots of fresh zukes, cukes and tomatoes. Just enough green beans for a meal every so often.  

I wish I had the energy to can.  I've told this before, but one year, I went all out and canned stuff.  Jars and jars of beautiful veggies lined up on my cabinet.  It took so much work.  Hard work.  All day.  

My thought was I'd have these things for winter, like a little ant.  But no.  My f'ing grasshopper sons ate every single jar of stuff in 2 weeks.  2 weeks!

NotaroNeesyGNTLGNTOut of OrderFlakeNoircat
  • I finally got a beautiful bell pepper.  Gorgeous.  Obviously bone meal was just the ticket.  My butternut squash are just now coming on.  They took forever.  Lots of fresh zukes, cukes and tomatoes. Just enough green beans for a meal every so often.  

I wish I had the energy to can.  I've told this before, but one year, I went all out and canned stuff.  Jars and jars of beautiful veggies lined up on my cabinet.  It took so much work.  Hard work.  All day.  

My thought was I'd have these things for winter, like a little ant.  But no.  My f'ing grasshopper sons ate every single jar of stuff in 2 weeks.  2 weeks!

This morning I just noticed a couple of very small squash forming on the butternut squash plant by the back door.

The plant has sent out some runners and is hanging on for dear life to the metal shelf we have there.

Have you grown squash before? For me this is the first time.

GNTLGNTOut of OrderFlakeNoir

....b-b-b-b-bone meal???...who's bones?????.....
    Scared-Face-web-comics-24646706-300-419  Pork Chop Tuesday
    NeesyOut of OrderFlakeNoir
  • Neesy said:
    I finally got a beautiful bell pepper.  Gorgeous.  Obviously bone meal was just the ticket.  My butternut squash are just now coming on.  They took forever.  Lots of fresh zukes, cukes and tomatoes. Just enough green beans for a meal every so often.  

This morning I just noticed a couple of very small squash forming on the butternut squash plant by the back door.

The plant has sent out some runners and is hanging on for dear life to the metal shelf we have there.

Have you grown squash before? For me this is the first time.

Yes, I've grown them before and it seems like we got them much sooner than this, but it has been years so my memory is dusty.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy

:rofl: I remember when your aliens did this... it was a heart-breaking amount of work, but you made it sound so funny... little b'stds.. :D
    GNTLGNTNeesyHedda Gabler