Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

How Does YOUR Garden Grow?

Comments

• My butternut aren't ready to pick yet, but I have a few.  I'm going to go out today and break off some of the runners so the energy will go to the fruit (veg) instead of to all vine.
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Anyone planting a garden?  I’ve always had one but too tired this year to care. 

FlakeNoirKurbenNotaroGNTLGNTNeesyspideyman
  • I am, I know what and where - I just don't know when.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirKurbenNotaroGNTLGNTNeesyspideyman
  • Anyone planting a garden?  I’ve always had one but too tired this year to care. 

Can you have some little potted herbs and a cherry tomato plant maybe, girl? It makes me sad to think you won't have anything.
    KurbenNotaroGNTLGNTNeesyspideyman
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Anyone planting a garden?  I’ve always had one but too tired this year to care. 

Can you have some little potted herbs and a cherry tomato plant maybe, girl? It makes me sad to think you won't have anything.
    No, don’t be sad. It’s okay. I’m fightin’ the good fight — i just have to work smart, not hard. I just don’t have the energy to take care of one more thing. 
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTNeesyspideyman
  • FlakeNoir said:

No, don’t be sad. It’s okay. I’m fightin’ the good fight — i just have to work smart, not hard. I just don’t have the energy to take care of one more thing. 
    I understand, but I'm going to be sad about it anyway, if I was there I would help you aplenty. 
    Hedda GablerNotaroGNTLGNTKurbenNeesy
  • .....more trying to figure what flowers to plant, relocate, invest in....bend, fold, spindle, mutilate yadda, yadda, yadda.....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesyspideymanNotaro
  • FlakeNoir said:

Swatch registers trademark for the phrase One More Thing :) 
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirKurbenNeesyspideymanNotaro

I got a little plant grow kit from Harvey's (it's a hamburger joint) - it came with the kid's meal.

So the first one had three dwarf sunflower seeds and I planted them - they are doing well.

I recently went in to get another kid's meal and when I opened the grow pot that came with it there were three ugly looking seeds that are definitely NOT sunflower seeds.

Andy said why don't I plant them to see what comes up?

I'm sprouting the seeds now in damp paper towels - hope I don't end up with weeds!

Hedda GablerFlakeNoirspideymanNotaroGNTLGNTKurben
  • Neesy said:

I got a little plant grow kit from Harvey's (it's a hamburger joint) - it came with the kid's meal.

So the first one had three dwarf sunflower seeds and I planted them - they are doing well.

I recently went in to get another kid's meal and when I opened the grow pot that came with it there were three ugly looking seeds that are definitely NOT sunflower seeds.

I'm sprouting the seeds now in damp paper towels - hope I don't end up with weeds!

One of our supermarkets runs the "Little Gardens" as a promotional/rewards scheme every spring.
    We've had delicious bell peppers, all kinds of herbs, tomatoes and cabbages from these. I also planted pumpkin grown from seed from my last years crop.
    I've collected seeds from all of the above plus some chillies that we got from my partner's work mate that I'm drying for next years planting.
    Hedda GablerspideymanNotaroGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Neesy said:

Little shop of horrors plant replicaMUST try to make with clay  Little  shop of horrors Halloween crafts Mason jar diy
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaroKurbennot_nadineNeesy
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Neesy said:

Little shop of horrors plant replicaMUST try to make with clay  Little  shop of horrors Halloween crafts Mason jar diy

Guess what? It turned out to be nasturtium seeds that look like this:

FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablerKurben
  • I have a nasturtium sprout! First time I've seen one (it's starting to feel like Spring)

FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • Neesy said:
    I have a nasturtium sprout! First time I've seen one (it's starting to feel like Spring)

Nastartium?? Sounds kind a nasty...
    not_nadineFlakeNoirHedda GablerNeesyGNTLGNT
  • Kurben said:
    Neesy said:
    I have a nasturtium sprout! First time I've seen one (it's starting to feel like Spring)

A nasty sounding name, but very pretty flowers.

NotaroKurbenHedda GablerNeesyGNTLGNT
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Kurben said:
    Neesy said:

A nasty sounding name, but very pretty flowers.

Very Pretty! Had never heard the word before.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesyGNTLGNTNotaro
  • Not so strange i never heard of it. The swedish name is very different. We call them Krasse. Thats where its most difficult for me with english. Animals are not so difficult but plants!! Often so different you cant even make an intelligent guess.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesyGNTLGNTNotaro
  • Kurben said:
    Neesy said:

LOL - yes it does but apparently they are edible; my next door neighbor grew some last year and they attract bees

I know this looks disgusting but this is:

"Nasturtium seed soaked overnight to soften the outer seed coating and aid germination"

(barf!)

In the movie Silver Streak, Gene Wilder’s character seductively tells his love interest–an art historian–that nasturtiums “like it nasty” by which he means they do best during the punishing dog days of summer.

:*

GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda GablerNotaro
  • Neesy, what were those stick pumpkins things called you grew?  I want to see if I can get those.
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Neesy, what were those stick pumpkins things called you grew?  I want to see if I can get those.

GNTLGNT said:

Yes - thanks Scott  <3 (I was quite busy on Thursday so could not answer)

It is a type of eggplant

Pumpkin on a Stick is a crazy cousin of the traditional eggplant. Small orange fruits develop along prickly stems that emerge from attractive, bushy plants at the end of summer.

I would like to get some more seeds too - I only managed to get 10 last season and the plant never got to the point where it produced more seeds

Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNT
  • ....pumpkin on a stick.....you're doing it wrong.....

Pumpkins On A Stick Pictures Photos and Images for Facebook Tumblr  Pinterest and Twitter
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerNeesynot_nadine
  • I went out yesterday and bought some tomato plants, sugar snap pea seeds and a pepper plant.  I'll see how it goes...I have not gardened in awhile.
    FlakeNoirNotaroKurbenHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy