Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

How Does YOUR Garden Grow?

Comments

• Cambridge man to water plants hanging downtown - News - The Daily  Jeffersonian - Cambridge OH...these are in our downtown, hanging on all the lampposts....Don Bishop is the appointed gardener/water bearer....
    FlakeNoirNotaroHedda GablerNeesy
  • GNTLGNT said:
    The best garden memes  Memedroid
    I actually had 3 of these in my yard where I took out some garden area and it just left these graves.  I was going to get those halloween tombstones and put on them but never got around to it.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesyNotaro
  • GNTLGNT said:
    The best garden memes  Memedroid
    I actually had 3 of these in my yard where I took out some garden area and it just left these graves.  I was going to get those halloween tombstones and put on them but never got around to it.

Have you ever grown the small pickling cucumbers? I have about a dozen of them and I'm thinking of making pickles.

Already bought the pickling vinegar and pickling spices and I'm pretty sure I have a few new jars downstairs.

NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • I haven't grown the pickling cukes, but I got them fresh at the farmer's market to can the year I did it.  Perfect little things.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • ...never made em, but my tastebuds have been intimately acquainted....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaro
  • edited August 2020
    How do I go out one day and see a tiny little zuke growing and walk out there the next day for crop check and find this loch ness monster zuke in its place? 

This is not a joke.  I check my plants one day and things are petit and tender looking and then I do the hokey pokey -- boom! gigantic!
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaroNeesy
  •  and then I do the hokey pokey -- boom! gigantic!

...well, it IS my sacred duty....so........

RIP Thats what she said  The Weinblog
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaro
  • I had a ton of grapes.  I'm surprised I got to them before the birds and squirrels, they were hiding in the vines.  Purple seedless, yum.
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesyOut of Order
  • I had a ton of grapes.  I'm surprised I got to them before the birds and squirrels, they were hiding in the vines.  Purple seedless, yum.
    ....reminds me of dad....in a good way....bitchin’ about the critters cuz they’d be cutting into his wine making stock.....🍷
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirOut of OrderNeesy
  • Garden is a complete mess at the moment, we had to take down the huge monstrosity at the back wall, it was covered in wasps so sitting out back was just too uncomfortable, as soon as you sat down the wasps would come over en-masse to see what you are up to.  Little bastar*s. 
    Out of OrderFlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • Notaro said:
    Garden is a complete mess at the moment, we had to take down the huge monstrosity at the back wall, it was covered in wasps so sitting out back was just too uncomfortable, as soon as you sat down the wasps would come over en-masse to see what you are up to.  Little bastar*s. 
    Differences Between A Bumble Bee And A Wasp  Funny captions Bee
    NotaroHedda GablerNeesyOut of OrderFlakeNoir
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Notaro said:
    Garden is a complete mess at the moment, we had to take down the huge monstrosity at the back wall, it was covered in wasps so sitting out back was just too uncomfortable, as soon as you sat down the wasps would come over en-masse to see what you are up to.  Little bastar*s. 
    Differences Between A Bumble Bee And A Wasp  Funny captions Bee
    Pretty much nails it on the head Scott 😆
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesyOut of OrderFlakeNoir
  • We have a fair sized butternut squash (only one so far) - I hope the other plants catch up as our growing season will end soon - guessing probably by the end of September. Sometimes we get nice weather in the fall so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaroHedda Gabler
  • Neesy said:
    We have a fair sized butternut squash (only one so far) - I hope the other plants catch up as our growing season will end soon - guessing probably by the end of September. Sometimes we get nice weather in the fall so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Amazoncom Womens Butternut Squash My Good Vibes T-Shirt - Funny Vegan  Shirt Handmade
    FlakeNoirNotaroNeesyHedda Gabler
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Neesy said:
    We have a fair sized butternut squash (only one so far) - I hope the other plants catch up as our growing season will end soon - guessing probably by the end of September. Sometimes we get nice weather in the fall so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Amazoncom Womens Butternut Squash My Good Vibes T-Shirt - Funny Vegan  Shirt Handmade

Okay! So now I'm getting lots of yellow tomatoes ripening (Yellow Boy @o@"Out of Order" ?

Not even sure what to do with them all. Guess I will have to go look up some recipes now.

Wow - just found an article from The Bangor Daily News, of all places :)

FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • That's weird - apparently I cannot edit anymore?

I was trying to tag @Out of Order

• I need the facepalm emoji

• Neesy said:
    That's weird - apparently I cannot edit anymore?

Hi Neesy, I think Bev had to make some changes in order to remove a loophole that allowed people some moderator privileges, unfortunately it means that the editing time is now just 15 minutes. 
    He has mentioned plans to upgrade his board so it's possible something good with editing may come in with that. 🙂
    NeesyGNTLGNTNotaroHedda Gabler
  • edited August 2020
    FlakeNoir said:
    Neesy said:
    That's weird - apparently I cannot edit anymore?

Hi Neesy, I think Bev had to make some changes in order to remove a loophole that allowed people some moderator privileges, unfortunately it means that the editing time is now just 15 minutes. 
    He has mentioned plans to upgrade his board so it's possible something good with editing may come in with that. 🙂

Hi - couldn't edit even after one minute - is there supposed to be an edit button visible, would you know?

Gilda Radner Nevermind GIFs  Tenor

(Just saw the gear symbol in the upper right hand corner) - duh!

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaroHedda Gabler
  • This morning I was so impressed with my "pumpkin on a stick" plant and how it's thriving so I decided to repot its younger sibling that is only about half the size.

Never grown anything like this before - it's native to either Africa or South Asia and the leaves are covered with thorns.

Pumpkin-on-a-stick-thorns-on-leaves_gardensAllcom  GardensAll

Eventually it is supposed to get ornamental fruit on it (it's actually a type of eggplant)

What Is A Pumpkin On A Stick How To Grow Ornamental Eggplants

GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaroHedda Gabler
  • Neesy said:
    This morning I was so impressed with my "pumpkin on a stick" plant and how it's thriving so I decided to repot its younger sibling that is only about half the size.

Never grown anything like this before - it's native to either Africa or South Asia and the leaves are covered with thorns.

Pumpkin-on-a-stick-thorns-on-leaves_gardensAllcom  GardensAll

Eventually it is supposed to get ornamental fruit on it (it's actually a type of eggplant)

What Is A Pumpkin On A Stick How To Grow Ornamental Eggplants

Skull Design Toy Funny Halloween Pumpkin Glow Stick Light-Up Toys Children  Gift for sale online
    FlakeNoirNotaroHedda GablerNeesy