Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What's Cooking?

Comments

• GNTLGNT said:
    ...check out wish.com......
    Thanks Scott!
    (Wish has been pretty hit and miss for us... it seems every time it's something the kid wants, it doesn't turn up. My partner has bought several items that usually do though... which is actually tougher on the kid.)
    NeesyHedda GablerNotaro
  • FlakeNoir said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    ...check out wish.com......
    Thanks Scott!
    (Wish has been pretty hit and miss for us... it seems every time it's something the kid wants, it doesn't turn up. My partner has bought several items that usually do though... which is actually tougher on the kid.)
    ...my apologies....it was the only link I was able to find on the fly.....and the fly was pretty pissed off I took it from him..... :D
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaro
  • GNTLGNT said:
    I had a major cooking fail. I was going to make pork tenderloin sliders with caramelized onions.  But the Hawaiian (I had to google that!) rolls were freezer burnt.  So I went with a roll crescent rolls - attempted to make a sort of hot pocket thing.  but that wasn't working out.  So I baked the "puff pastry"  and thought it could be a flat bread pizza with caramelized onions and provolone.  Ha! - Good luck trying to pick that up, but  I just plated it for the family, grabbed my wine and headed upstairs.  Liquid dinner for me tonight. The Ogre and kids can figure it out.  Did I say it's been a horrible week?  

....here, I gotcha some slides for yer next bad day.....this should give you some alone time.....
    Summer Slides Funny Black White Slippers Letter Print Decoration Stylish  Unisex SummerSlidesChina Sli  Mens outdoor slippers Flip flops style  Outdoor slippers
    YES! Those and some donuts please.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • GNTLGNT said:
    I had a major cooking fail. I was going to make pork tenderloin sliders with caramelized onions.  But the Hawaiian (I had to google that!) rolls were freezer burnt.  So I went with a roll crescent rolls - attempted to make a sort of hot pocket thing.  but that wasn't working out.  So I baked the "puff pastry"  and thought it could be a flat bread pizza with caramelized onions and provolone.  Ha! - Good luck trying to pick that up, but  I just plated it for the family, grabbed my wine and headed upstairs.  Liquid dinner for me tonight. The Ogre and kids can figure it out.  Did I say it's been a horrible week?  

....here, I gotcha some slides for yer next bad day.....this should give you some alone time.....
    Summer Slides Funny Black White Slippers Letter Print Decoration Stylish  Unisex SummerSlidesChina Sli  Mens outdoor slippers Flip flops style  Outdoor slippers
    YES! Those and some donuts please.
    Tweet Roundup  This Weeks Funniest Tweets About Donuts
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesyNotaro
  • Donuts sound good right now

Andy made something called a Beef Hot Pot - it wasn't too bad - we had it with carrots and rutabagas

Scott - after looking at your picture I'm having a craving for chocolate donuts. Good thing I'm too lazy to go out and buy one at the drive thru :)
    NotaroFlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • Neesy said:
    Donuts sound good right now

Andy made something called a Beef Hot Pot - it wasn't too bad - we had it with carrots and rutabagas

Scott - after looking at your picture I'm having a craving for chocolate donuts. Good thing I'm too lazy to go out and buy one at the drive thru :)
    UND Confessions ConfessionsUND  Twitter....diabeetus here I come!!!!.....
    NotaroFlakeNoirHedda GablerNeesy
  • edited October 2020
    GNTLGNT said:
    Neesy said:
    Donuts sound good right now

Edited because my text wouldn't appear anywhere but directly below Scott's. Vanilla Forums, you're starting to get on my left... never-mind.

Re: the donuts... Scott, you nearly made me swear without using any letter replacement symbols...!#*% 

NotaroHedda GablerNeesyGNTLGNT
  • FlakeNoir said:
    GNTLGNT said:

. Vanilla Forums, you're starting to get on my left... never-mind.

Vanilla Forums? I think I'll take chocolate or caramel instead please!

Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaro
  • ...homemade chili the other evening will be repurposed as chili-mac tonight....
    Austin Powers Get In My Belly GIFs  Tenor

Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaroNeesy
  • edited October 2020
    I had a spinach salad.

spinach leaves fresh
    mushrooms chopped 
    Crumbled real bacon i cooked, not fake bacon bits
    cheddar cheese
    little green onions chopped
    sunflower  seeds
    hardboiled egg chopped
    Russian dressing warmed up and drizzled over the top

oh my god, deelish.

GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • I had a spinach salad.

spinach leaves fresh
    mushrooms chopped 
    cheddar cheese
    sunflower  seeds
    hardboiled egg chopped

oh my god, deelish.

DAYUM - horny captain picard  Meme Generator
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaroNeesy
  • I had a spinach salad.

spinach leaves fresh
    mushrooms chopped 
    cheddar cheese
    sunflower  seeds
    hardboiled egg chopped

oh my god, deelish.

You almost didn't get a  <3 because of those mushrooms.
    But the rest of it made up for them. Just. 
    NotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • edited October 2020
    It is so tasty. You have to use real bacon that you cook and crumble and Russian dressing heated up drizzled over it. So good. Not any other dressing. 
    NotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoirspideymanNeesy
  • It is so tasty. You have to use real bacon that you cook and crumble and Russian dressing heated up drizzled over it. So good. Not any other dressing. 
    I didn't realise there was such a thing as fake bacon? 🤔
    Apart from the shrooms... it sounds delicious. 
    NotarospideymanGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • FlakeNoir said:
    It is so tasty. You have to use real bacon that you cook and crumble and Russian dressing heated up drizzled over it. So good. Not any other dressing. 
    I didn't realise there was such a thing as fake bacon? 🤔
    Apart from the shrooms... it sounds delicious. 

We have artificial bacon bits made out of soy (they're not too bad on a salad)

but yes Hedda is right - the real stuff is much better

Bacon memes in 2018 ladies and gentlemen  ComedyCemetery

GNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoirHedda Gablerspideyman
  • Just made a seafood soup using frozen shrimp from Argentina - it turned out good but the shrimp do seem a bit salty. Won't buy that brand again.

Good thing I took my amlodipine! Too much salt causes my hypertension to kick in

Anyone got any good recipes to use up left over Halloween candies?

GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda Gablerspideyman
  • Neesy said:
    Just made a seafood soup using frozen shrimp from Argentina - it turned out good but the shrimp do seem a bit salty. Won't buy that brand again.

Good thing I took my amlodipine! Too much salt causes my hypertension to kick in

https://rwethereyetmom.com/13-leftover-halloween-candy-recipes.html
    NeesyFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • edited November 2020
    GNTLGNT said:
    Neesy said:
    Just made a seafood soup using frozen shrimp from Argentina - it turned out good but the shrimp do seem a bit salty. Won't buy that brand again.

Oh wow - you're being serious for a change (I was expecting a meme)

Thanks!

I went to the site and the Halloween Candy Bark looks do-able

GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • Neesy said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    Neesy said:

Thanks!

...made it for you..... :D
    NeesyFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Neesy said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    Neesy said:

Thanks!

...made it for you..... :D

I think I'll do it (make the recipe for the candy bark) but I will leave this guy out:

candy Memes  GIFs - Imgflip

GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda Gabler