Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What's Cooking?

Comments

• Thank you - yes I am feeling 100% better

Scott - thanks for the laugh :)

FlakeNoircatHedda GablerGNTLGNTNotaroSundrop
  • Tonight we are having Tasty Meatballs (actual name of recipe) with Pineapple Sauce, carrots cooked with ginger and orange rind and converted rice on the side.

I'm hoping Josh will be home soon from his walk in the park, as I am keeping everything warm but if he doesn't make it here in the next 10 minutes we're starting without him!

Ground Beef Recipes  Companys Coming

Everything smells good so far - hoping it tastes just as good

p.s. This weekend is Thanksgiving in Canada so it's a long weekend

Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTcat
  • Happy thanksgiving canadians!
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTcatNeesy
  • Happy Thanksgiving to Canadia...💜💙

NotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablercatNeesy
  • converted rice 

...soooooooo, it went from Baptist to Catholicism?.....
    FlakeNoirHedda GablercatNeesy
  • GNTLGNT said:
    converted rice 

I don't know but I think the old Uncle Ben's rice package will be converting to a new one soon - I showed Andy the box and he said "I thought they were going to change that" :)
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Happy thanksgiving canadians!

FlakeNoir said:
    Happy Thanksgiving to Canadia...💜💙

GNTLGNT said:
    Happy Thanksgiving To My Canadian Friends - Gallery

Thanks!

We had a big old ham instead of a turkey - it was really good - so now I will be figuring out what to do with the leftovers

I have a feeling there are going to be leftovers If you have any other  ideas for left over ham please let me know  - Imgflip

Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTcatNotaro
  • Neesy said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    converted rice 

I don't know but I think the old Uncle Ben's rice package will be converting to a new one soon - I showed Andy the box and he said "I thought they were going to change that" :)
    ...He and Aunt Jemima have been put out to pasture in these overly-sensitive times....I understand the sentiment, but I never viewed the packaging as anything other than comforting.....believe it or not, those faces made me feel good....
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerHollyGolightlycatNeesyNotaro
  • edited October 2020
    @Neesy I didn't know you were ailing. Glad to hear you are better.

I love ramen and even though my favorite ramen place has patio dining, it's in a young crowded part of Memphis, so we haven't gone in a long time. I found this video and have been making these kicked up ramen noodles (I don't use the fancy ones - just the cheap 4 for a $1 ones, and I add my own stir fry sauce and siracha because my package doesn't have it)  if you are a ramen lover, try it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXdzI7CiFYg

FlakeNoirnot_nadineGNTLGNTcatHedda GablerNeesyNotaro
  • edited October 2020
    @Neesy I didn't know you were ailing. Glad to hear you are better.

I love ramen and even though my favorite ramen place has patio dining, it's in a young crowded part of Memphis, so we haven't gone in a long time. I found this video and have been making these kicked up ramen noodles (I don't use the fancy ones - just the cheap 4 for a $1 ones, and I add my own stir fry sauce and siracha because my package doesn't have it)  if you are a ramen lover, try it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXdzI7CiFYg

I have to click on your link and watch it but I do remember making a good recipe using ramen noodles - you use shrimp and frozen peas and it makes a nice dish which is almost like a noodle soup. (I think I found it on the Chatelaine website)

Re: being sick or "ailing" - I think it was more of a psychological thing actually. The changing of the season is hard for me. Seeing my garden die off was very difficult. Right now I still have some of my plants in the garage and I have to figure which ones I can keep and which ones aren't going to make it.

There's one called bergamot or bee balm that never did bloom. I'm hoping I can keep it in the house over the winter and then put it back in the garden next spring.

*(Okay - I did watch her making her noodles - around 5 minutes she starts slurping them up with some chopsticks) - don't think I could ever be as proficient with those things as she is!

GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirNotarocatHollyGolightly
  • Trying to figure out what to do with the pork chops - I ended up trimming off most of the fat on the edges then put them in a glass baking dish to marinate.

It's a toss up - either cook them in the oven on low or else put them in the slow cooker on low for about six hours - either way I hope they end up coming out nice and tender.

Slow Cooker Pork Chops - TipBuzz

I found a recipe using chicken broth, soy sauce and honey - think I might go with that one.

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotarocatHollyGolightlyHedda Gabler
  • Neesy said:
    Trying to figure out what to do with the pork chops - I ended up trimming off most of the fat on the edges then put them in a glass baking dish to marinate.

It's a toss up - either cook them in the oven on low or else put them in the slow cooker on low for about six hours - either way I hope they end up coming out nice and tender.

I found a recipe using chicken broth, soy sauce and honey - think I might go with that one.

....slow cooking with apples and brown sugar is right tasty as well......
    FlakeNoircatHollyGolightlyHedda Gabler
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Neesy said:
    Trying to figure out what to do with the pork chops - I ended up trimming off most of the fat on the edges then put them in a glass baking dish to marinate.

That sounds really good; I did end up putting them in the slow cooker :)

Last night Andy made spaghetti with meat balls - I think this is the first time since we got married that he cooked pasta

I asked "Is it my birthday?" LOL

I know he doesn't like pasta so he just had his meatballs with some leftover baby potatoes and some Heinz British style baked beans.

He must be getting soft in his old age.

catGNTLGNTHollyGolightlyFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • Neesy said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    Neesy said:

That sounds really good; I did end up putting them in the slow cooker :)

Last night Andy made spaghetti with meat balls - I think this is the first time since we got married that he cooked pasta

I asked "Is it my birthday?" LOL

I know he doesn't like pasta so he just had his meatballs with some leftover baby potatoes and some Heinz British style baked beans.

He must be getting soft in his old age.

....oh man that does sound tasty, either way it was consumed.....
    catNeesyHollyGolightlyFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • I had a major cooking fail. I was going to make pork tenderloin sliders with caramelized onions.  But the Hawaiian (I had to google that!) rolls were freezer burnt.  So I went with a roll crescent rolls - attempted to make a sort of hot pocket thing.  but that wasn't working out.  So I baked the "puff pastry"  and thought it could be a flat bread pizza with caramelized onions and provolone.  Ha! - Good luck trying to pick that up, but  I just plated it for the family, grabbed my wine and headed upstairs.  Liquid dinner for me tonight. The Ogre and kids can figure it out.  Did I say it's been a horrible week?  

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTcatHedda GablerNeesy
  • I had a major cooking fail. I was going to make pork tenderloin sliders with caramelized onions.  But the Hawaiian (I had to google that!) rolls were freezer burnt.  So I went with a roll crescent rolls - attempted to make a sort of hot pocket thing.  but that wasn't working out.  So I baked the "puff pastry"  and thought it could be a flat bread pizza with caramelized onions and provolone.  Ha! - Good luck trying to pick that up, but  I just plated it for the family, grabbed my wine and headed upstairs.  Liquid dinner for me tonight. The Ogre and kids can figure it out.  Did I say it's been a horrible week?  

<3 (((Holly-Polly girl))) 
    GNTLGNTcatHedda GablerNeesy

....here, I gotcha some slides for yer next bad day.....this should give you some alone time.....
    Summer Slides Funny Black White Slippers Letter Print Decoration Stylish  Unisex SummerSlidesChina Sli  Mens outdoor slippers Flip flops style  Outdoor slippers
    FlakeNoirNotarocatHedda GablerNeesyHollyGolightly
  • GNTLGNT said:
    I had a major cooking fail. I was going to make pork tenderloin sliders with caramelized onions.  But the Hawaiian (I had to google that!) rolls were freezer burnt.  So I went with a roll crescent rolls - attempted to make a sort of hot pocket thing.  but that wasn't working out.  So I baked the "puff pastry"  and thought it could be a flat bread pizza with caramelized onions and provolone.  Ha! - Good luck trying to pick that up, but  I just plated it for the family, grabbed my wine and headed upstairs.  Liquid dinner for me tonight. The Ogre and kids can figure it out.  Did I say it's been a horrible week?  

....here, I gotcha some slides for yer next bad day.....this should give you some alone time.....
    Summer Slides Funny Black White Slippers Letter Print Decoration Stylish  Unisex SummerSlidesChina Sli  Mens outdoor slippers Flip flops style  Outdoor slippers
    OMG, hahahahahahahahaha! I wear scuffs all the time during summer, I so want a pair of these, do they come in black with white writing? :D
    NotaroGNTLGNTcatHedda GablerNeesyHollyGolightly
  • FlakeNoir said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    I had a major cooking fail. I was going to make pork tenderloin sliders with caramelized onions.  But the Hawaiian (I had to google that!) rolls were freezer burnt.  So I went with a roll crescent rolls - attempted to make a sort of hot pocket thing.  but that wasn't working out.  So I baked the "puff pastry"  and thought it could be a flat bread pizza with caramelized onions and provolone.  Ha! - Good luck trying to pick that up, but  I just plated it for the family, grabbed my wine and headed upstairs.  Liquid dinner for me tonight. The Ogre and kids can figure it out.  Did I say it's been a horrible week?  

OMG, hahahahahahahahaha! I wear scuffs all the time during summer, I so want a pair of these, do they come in black with white writing? :D
    Shoes  New F Off Offensive Slides  Poshmark....there ya go Missy!...... :D :D :D
    catHedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesyNotaro
  • ...check out wish.com......
    catHedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesyNotaro