Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

The Dark Tower Spoiler Avoider Thread

Comments

• Yep - time to lay low. Just saw a scan of the flyer that Grant Publisher's is sending out and there are 2 more Whelan drawings in it. One will definitely have tongues wagging for sure.
  • There's going to be an EXCERPT up on the official King site in the next week or so....

Must....stay...strong.....

Blu
  • Aah Blu. I see you made it to this thread. There's still hope yet ;D
  • I am going to avoid the spoiler avoider thread.

I am all about reading the excerpt. And I may accidentally give something up.

Darth Vader is Rolands father *heavy breathing*
  • Darth Vader is Rolands father *heavy breathing*

Aargh! You gave out the secret! :o

I won't forgive you ever! >:(

Then again... ;D ;D
  • see, i cant reply to that seeing as how im avoiding this thread. :-X

;D ;D
  • Needs to be strong too, this topic forum is releasing pics and flyers and all sorts of things and now a DT7 prologue :o

Is only going to come into this thread on this topic forum. Needs to be strong now...

• Old scratch is here to offer temptation

Or is it Randall Flagg? ;D
  • Hey, this isn't so bad....

There's an excerpt out there...and I haven't read it yet. I've built up the idea of NOT reading and being spoiled so much, that the thought of having the book with no idea of what's in it is more attractive to me now, than going over and reading....ummm...those several wonderful paragraphs....telling....how the book starts....uh.....

Yeah.

OK, it's not easy, won't be easy. I'll have to console myself with the fact that, having ordered an Artist's Edition, I may have it a couple of weeks early.

Be strong...be strong...

Blu
  • Want me to tell ya? Oops I forgot, this is a no spoiler thread. ;D
  • I'm sorry, I'm weak, I read the exerpt. :-[

I need an intervention! But man was that an awesome excerpt or what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o 8)
  • >>>>intervention in progress<<<<

There. Did that help? ;)
  • I'm sure Lou won't re-read that excerpt now! ;D
  • Reread the excerpt. Now that's not such a bad id...

Darn! Now you've gone stuck a new temptation in my mind, not that it would spoiled me any more than I already am ;D
  • This is turning into a 'spoiling the spoiler avoider' thread ;D
  • Bob, sadly, you are wrong - or, more likely, you were so right!
  • Is totally avoiding that excerpt because I am taking 11 days off work when the book is released to read it all the way through and wants it all to be a surprise :)
  • Still avoiding. Doing well. :)

Dukky! ;D Steve and I BOTH read Song of Susannah in a weekend! I think it will be:

Dukky's Diary, Day 1:

Read DTVII.

Day 2.

Major crying now that series is finished.

Day 3.

Re-read DT1-6 in preparation for re-read of DT7.

Day 4.

Re-read DT7.

Days 5-11.

Major crying and ranting with friends until RTTDT comes out!

:)

Lin
  • Still avoiding here, too, Lin - once the initial "ohymygodthere'sanexcerpt" reaction passed, it's not been too bad.

Blu
  • It is hard Blu, because I freely explored every spoiler for 5 and 6 at my own risk. But in this case, I want a totally fresh experience with no preconceived notions.

Lin :)

Okay off to work now, I got lucky with a bit of a break!

• Lin242 wrote: Still avoiding. Doing well. :)

Dukky!  ;D  Steve and I BOTH read Song of Susannah in a weekend!  I think it will be:

Dukky's Diary, Day 1:

Read DTVII.

Day 2.

Major crying now that series is finished.

Day 3.

Re-read DT1-6 in preparation for re-read of DT7.

Day 4.

Re-read DT7.

Days 5-11.

Major crying and ranting with friends until RTTDT comes out!

:)

Lin

Lin: that's pretty much how things will be, my friend :)

Actually I was planning the entire DT1-7 reread next year after I have had a chance to absorb Bev's RttDT and see it with maybe a few new surprises also :)
  • I just discovered a very cool thread over at thedarktower.net. Its called The Official Bev Vincent Thread and there are something like 769 posts. Bev is asked questions over and over about The Dark Tower and about his book tRttDT and I just love his answers. He does answer truly vague questions, and he passes on all things spoilerish! Some people ask for a simple yes or no answer and he responds with a simple yes or no! ;D ;D ;D

Interesting reading to say the least! And no spoilers - really!
  • A bit like an incremental interview. Here's the link to it. It's been a lot of fun.
  • I've read a couple of the pages...thanks Bob and Bev for telling us about the thread over at darktower.net, interesting questions and interesting answers...will read more tomorrow.