Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

The Dark Tower Spoiler Avoider Thread

Comments

• Thanks for the link to that thread. I really don't know why I stopped going to the dtnet forums.
  • Sorry for breaking the vow fellow gunslingers! The nice thing about excerpts is that they really don't give much away. The current one just reads like a continuation of SoS.

• ;D ;D ;D ;D
  • Gee, thanks Lou! ;) ;D

I'm still resisting though.. for now.

Lin
  • Me too Lin!

The longer it goes, the closer it gets to the book's release, the easier it gets. I've seen a couple of the illustrations from the book, but that's it.

Of course, once reviews start to hit it will be harder to resist, but for right now...I'm in good shape.

Blu
  • Blu, I had to push reply before I could see your post, how odd. My computer sure is acting strange today. :)

It is getting easier, and I find now that I've started into Black House, (again), I'm really concentrating more on the little DT references I missed the first couple of times. I saw the pix too, but I don't want to read anything or see any "inclusive to the plot" pix.

Lin :)
  • Word around the campfire is that chapter titles and other spoilers have begun to show up on the DarkTower.net message board. Hope those guys won't be offended if I just stay away from their site until sometime in October!

Blu
  • Is resisting resisted...am holding out pretty well, I think :)
  • BluGilliand wrote: Word around the campfire is that chapter titles and other spoilers have begun to show up on the DarkTower.net message board. Hope those guys won't be offended if I just stay away from their site until sometime in October!

Blu

Yeah, I am staying away as well. That site is how I accidentally saw the first two illustrations. I haven't looked at the excerpt yet, so I figure I can make it another month or so.
  • Given my rather poor track record I am still resolved not to cross that line. Chapter lists are way too spoilerish - even more than I can rationalize.
  • They do a pretty good job at dt.net of moderating the posts so spoilers only go in one section and you can be bannished from the site if you post a spoiler in your topic title....but, I'm still going through the site very carefully.

Someone posted, "I just finished reading DT VII ARC and......" I actually turned my PC off for fear of seeing one word that would give anything away.

By mistake I read that SK was in SoS. I was very disappointed to know that ahead of time so trying to avoid with all of you.
  • Someone posted, "I just finished reading DT VII ARC and......" I actually turned my PC off for fear of seeing one word that would give anything away.

Nah. The guy was actually quite careful in his posting. He even take great care of making his post invisible when posting the full Chapter List on another thread. So it is pretty save. Furthermore, if you don't want to be spoiled just don't go to the Spoilers section in the first place ;D
  • sunny99 wrote:

Furthermore, if you don't want to be spoiled just don't go to the Spoilers section in the first place  ;D

You speak soooo true. I made the mistake of doing a search for ARC's on the forum and that came up....stupid, stupid me! Only a few weeks more!!! :D
  • BTW - is there a spoiler function here or a way to hide text? I've played around a little and smearing seems to be the best method so far.  

Furthermore, if you don't want to be spoiled just don't go to the Spoilers section in the first place

But, but... Bev's continuing question thread is there! :-[
  • Drag your mouse across this to read:

You could post something written in the same color as the background

This is done with <color=White> tags.
  • The following is done with <color=#AFC6DB>:

Another test

• Lou_Sytsma wrote:

But, but... Bev's continuing question thread is there! :-[

I stopped reading that thread (sorry Bev!) out of fear that someone would mention something relating to the VII excerpt that I haven't read yet (same reason I stopped reading any of the posts on SK's messageboard). Actually, I am looking forward to reading the thread after I am done with the book. Should give me a new perspective.
  • I see Bev - I had a blue background and couldn't get it to match.  Thanks!

Weird - now it's white?!?! ???
  • Blue, White, Blue, White...

How hard can it be?

;D ;) :)
  • Just breathing a little life back into this thread, which will soon be so important as reviews, interviews, Artist's Editions and all the other early DTVII stuff begins to come out...

So far, I'm proud of myself. I've only seen a couple of the paintings from the book. Haven't read the excerpt, haven't looked at the chapter list, have been avoiding TheDarkTower.net site like the plague....

I hope to have a nice, big package from Grant Books in the next few weeks...

Blu
  • sunny99 wrote: Blue, White, Blue, White...

How hard can it be?

;D  ;)  :)

hard :P

I couldn't get the colours to match either and gave up...lol
  • I figured out the colors by viewing the web page source.

The DarkTower.net spoiler thread has been shut down for the time being, so it's a moderately safe-ish sorta kinda place for the interim for those avoiding spoilers.
  • Any particular reason that it was shut down?
  • Spoiler info was starting to be included in new threads subject headings etc. The moderator is playing it safe as he does not want anyone to be burnt by spoilers.

I have avoided the chapter title list so I'm happy about that.

It's almost time to reach the clearing at the end of the path.....
  • Spoiler info was starting to be included in new threads subject headings etc. The moderator is playing it safe as he does not want anyone to be burnt by spoilers.

That happened at SKBB with Wolves of the Calla, you might remember, Bev. It was pretty relentless too.

Lin